Craig Bryson Signs New 5-Year Deal at Derby County

Lord_Ram

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRILLIANT! Had he left I'm sure we could have got an adequate replacement but most likely not of the same calibre so the squad would have been weaker. It would have also left a tinge of negativity after the recent extensions so this is fantastic -Thorne next then who knows after that?

Perhaps Craig will be named captain soon?

IMHO we need Thorne and a 'marquee' CB (if there is such a thing; defenders are defenders!)

Let's face it, Keogh is a whole-hearted and committed player but is prone to critical errors and poor concentration sometimes - as at Wembley.

I also think that Craig can drive the team on by sheer example and power during difficult games, which the present captain hasn't always done - including during the 2nd half at Wembley, when we had an astonishing amount of inconsequential possession and not enough 'thrust' from the halfway line...

That's my opinion, so there :o

To think, I nearly posted the other day that Jake Buxton was looking to leave due to a crap contract offer.

Information I gained from a fellow pro who knows him well from Mansfield days.

Would have looked a reet tit next morning!!!

Going to sack my source first thing in the morning!

Perhaps Craig will be named captain soon?

IMHO we need Thorne and a 'marquee' CB (if there is such a thing; defenders are defenders!)

Let's face it, Keogh is a whole-hearted and committed player but is prone to critical errors and poor concentration sometimes - as at Wembley.

I also think that Craig can drive the team on by sheer example and power during difficult games, which the present captain hasn't always done - including during the 2nd half at Wembley, when we had an astonishing amount of inconsequential possession and not enough 'thrust' from the halfway line...

That's my opinion, so there :o

That's harsh on Keogh, dude. He barely put a foot wrong since Mac came in (apart from Wembley, of course haha).

I'm quite happy with our CBs, to be honest. Bucko and Keogh are above average defenders at this level and then we have the experience of Whitbread and the youth/potential of OB to back them up. Don't forget Barker as well (fingers crossed on that one).

That's harsh on Keogh, dude. He barely put a foot wrong since Mac came in (apart from Wembley, of course haha).

I'm quite happy with our CBs, to be honest. Bucko and Keogh are above average defenders at this level and then we have the experience of Whitbread and the youth/potential of OB to back them up. Don't forget Barker as well (fingers crossed on that one).

....and that's harsh on Bucko! He was far from average last season.

Archived