Alefe Santos

Antonedcfc

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, all of them from OUR academy not these muppets signed for development team.

I'm guessing that your prescription has run out. Be nice about the signings until you have evidence that they are muppets. Try a glass of milk and a lie down. You might feel better for it.

Right, all of them from OUR academy not these muppets signed for development team. 

As per my first post

GROW UP.

Calling them muppets is not only showing disrespect to these lads who have chosen to sign for us, but also show disrespect to the coaching staff.

And i'd bet my house they know more about youth and development than you.

Looking at them on fifa doesn't count. ;)

I text my Bristol Rovers supporting mate (he only goes every now and then) to ask his opinion, hoping to gloat that we'd snatched their promising talent and he has said he's very surprised by this as he doesn't see him making it at a higher level... "was hopeful he'd be decent in league 2 but didn't expect any higher" was the summary. My mate is a stone mason not a football scout.

The way I see it, you would expect him to progress under world class coaching but if he doesn't he could be sold for profit and even he is released it's not much loss. I'm glad to see us building up the development squad again.

My mates aren't the best judges, I am originally from Northampton and all of my Cobblers supporting mates were gutted to lose Michael Jacobs 'the Rothwell Ronaldo' and were convinced we'd be selling for millions to a Premier league team in no time. 

This is from a Rovers season ticket holder.

"97adde3533656e5765cf807aea684ad4" alt="97adde3533656e5765cf807aea684ad4">

He's 19.

Compensation will be less than Steve Davies. Hull wanted him, as did Celtic. I can only imagine he chose us because it suited his footballing career rather than his lifestyle. 

I text my Bristol Rovers supporting mate (he only goes every now and then) to ask his opinion, hoping to gloat that we'd snatched their promising talent and he has said he's very surprised by this as he doesn't see him making it at a higher level... "was hopeful he'd be decent in league 2 but didn't expect any higher" was the summary. My mate is a stone mason not a football scout.

The way I see it, you would expect him to progress under world class coaching but if he doesn't he could be sold for profit and even he is released it's not much loss. I'm glad to see us building up the development squad again.

My mates aren't the best judges, I am originally from Northampton and all of my Cobblers supporting mates were gutted to lose Michael Jacobs 'the Rothwell Ronaldo' and were convinced we'd be selling for millions to a Premier league team in no time. 

He won't turn into Ronaldo, but if he continues to develop in the Championship, Jacobs could still turn out to be a good player. He's on a goal per three games in his short spell with Wolves so far. 

That said, I hope your friends are dead wrong about Santos and HE turns out to be the next Ronaldo (without the body waxing!)

I don't believe in lightweight. You either learn to play with tough players, or you don't.

Look at Tom Carroll and Will Hughes. Wouldn't know who to bet on in an arm wrestle. But does Hughes ever look "lightweight"? No, he's just a much better footballer.

So I wouldn't dismiss him on those grounds, he has time to learn.

I don't believe in lightweight. You either learn to play with tough players, or you don't.

Look at Tom Carroll and Will Hughes. Wouldn't know who to bet on in an arm wrestle. But does Hughes ever look "lightweight"? No, he's just a much better footballer.

Absolutely!

This country has an obsession with players being big and strong and the smaller, "lightweight" players who rely more on the technical aspect of their game seem to get dismissed at a younger age. A few of my mates who played for Derby's academy until the mid-noughties used to tell me how, unless you were big for your age, fast and strong in the challenge, you'd stand little chance of progressing to senior level. English players are repeatedly shown up on the world stage because of this and the emphasis on physicality that our coaching set-up seems to have.

I don't personally think that you need the same kind of strength if you're intelligent and read the game well. Xabi Alonso once said that he didn't understand why the English treat tackling as a skill, in other countries around the world it's seen more as a last resort and instead they'd rather win the ball via interception or forcing the opposition to lose it because of the tactics used.

Plus he's going to be working with better coaches.

Jake Buxton was signed for the 'Development Squad' (backup player).

I rest my case, and blow your garbage out of the water.

I just noticed on his twitter page at the end of season when they got relegated to conference he says something like "feeling hurt but we will be back next season" Hmm sounds familiar. Maybe a player saying "we will be back" is the new "the manager has our vote of confidence"

It was my point. Is this Benik Alofe better than Mason Bennett? Is Mitchell drastically better than Morch, Etheridge or Behrens? Is that Bunjaku miles better than Max Lowe or Callum Guy.....

I don't know, and , I suspect, neither do you.

Could turn out to be dross we never hear of again. Or they might impress in pre-season, go straight into the first team, and go on to become international super stars.

Archived