Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Duracell. Experience is overrated. You want players who have experienced big, tense occasions when you're playing in a big, tense occasion. Less nerves, less panic. We had 5 of those games. 5 in over 50

But even so we turned up at Wembley with a lack of experience and it was what people would call two experienced players that made errors leading to the goal. That after we outperformed a hugely experienced QPR and a play off experienced Brighton.

Experience = done something a lot of times.

Doesn't mean they're good. If a player is experienced in relegation battles then doesn't that tell you he's struggling to play in that league?

hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard :rolleyes:

Not heard that before.

Is it a common phrase? I like it anyway. Should stick it on the walls at Moor Farm with all the other phrases. There's a Brian Clough one about possession. I'm guessing they stopped using the treadmills in that room around about January time under Nigel

Agree with Duracell. Experience is overrated. You want players who have experienced big, tense occasions when you're playing in a big, tense occasion. Less nerves, less panic. We had 5 of those games. 5 in over 50

But even so we turned up at Wembley with a lack of experience and it was what people would call two experienced players that made errors leading to the goal. That after we outperformed a hugely experienced QPR and a play off experienced Brighton.

Experience = done something a lot of times.

Doesn't mean they're good. If a player is experienced in relegation battles then doesn't that tell you he's struggling to play in that league?

Experience and know how will go a long way to aiding our young squad. I would hardly say Taylor and Reid struggle in the Prem, both are fantastic additions to a newly promoted team. Anyway as has been said already.. These 2 along with the other 2 have been signed as squad players, so I don't understand the piss taking out of us or saying we're preparing for Championship football by signing 4 squad players, seems strange.

Experience and know how will go a long way to aiding our young squad. I would hardly say Taylor and Reid struggle in the Prem, both are fantastic additions to a newly promoted team. Anyway as has been said already.. These 2 along with the other 2 have been signed as squad players, so I don't understand the piss taking out of us or saying we're preparing for Championship football by signing 4 squad players, seems strange.

It's all well and good signing squad players if your 1st 11 is good enough for premiership. Is it? Really?

Not heard that before.

Is it a common phrase? I like it anyway. Should stick it on the walls at Moor Farm with all the other phrases. There's a Brian Clough one about possession. I'm guessing they stopped using the treadmills in that room around about January time under Nigel

"If God had wanted us to play football in the sky, He'd have put grass up there"? - That used to be on the wall of the home changing room at PP, not sure about anymore. 

Archived