Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

If this happens they are making some odd signings. I know Dyche is a very good manager at this level but he's not giving himself much of a chance in the Prem. Very reminiscent of us in 2009

Looks like they're making signings for the 2015/16 Championship season....

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He got promoted with a team full of players who everyone thought were going to struggle towards mid-table... No reason he can't turn some decent championship players into a team capable of surviving the Prem...

Except the team of motivated championship players will be up against international defenders/strikers.

Ask Wee Billy what that's like :-(

To be honest I'd rate Burnley as a better chance of surviving the Premiership than QPR, and a better chance than Leeds surviving the Championship.

I bet you anything that QPR will finish above Burnley, and more than likely stay up. 

Set to sign for Burnley.

They really are in the sh*tter aren't they.

Marvin Sordell, Steven Reid, Matt Taylor.. 

Never underestimate the effect a good manager can have on an average squad of players. I reckon Dyche will work miracles this coming season and Burnley will upset the odds and finish in a lofty 19th.

Set to sign for Burnley.

They really are in the sh*tter aren't they.

Marvin Sordell, Steven Reid, Matt Taylor..

To survive in the Prem you need Prem Experience, squad depth so you have good players to fill in for injuries.

Taylor and Reid both have experience in abundance, they both played quite a lot of games last year and both can fill a number of positions. Ideal as back up (which they are)

The same applies to Gilks, played in the Prem before, good keeper too, very solid number 2 (which is what he was bought for)

Dyche transformed Sordell from a youth team player to a

To survive in the Prem you need Prem Experience, squad depth so you have good players to fill in for injuries.

Taylor and Reid both have experience in abundance, they both played quite a lot of games last year and both can fill a number of positions. Ideal as back up (which they are)

This experience obsession is a rut that all of the bottom half Prem sides/newly promoted sides seem to get into every season. The bottom half of the Prem is losing quality every season and you have to ask what experience do Taylor and Reid have...it's mostly in the bottom half.

Teams like Southampton and Swansea have done better by being a little more savvy with their signings, rather than going for the lower Prem staples which seem to be at the height of fashion if you want to struggle to mid table in the Premier League. Eventually those sorts of sides get sucked into a relegation battle, like Bolton, Fulham, Newcastle...

Deeney and Dawson are good signings but I think you're going to be relegated with a fabulous squad for the Championship, and providing you keep Dyche, you'll be better off for having had a season in the top flight. But still. You don't have to be that good to have three teams worse than you in that league anymore, so it's not unrealistic to hope to survive in my opinion.

You won't get Deeney if you're getting Juke, surely? 

Unless one of your current strikers are leaving.

You won't get Deeney if you're getting Juke, surely? 

Unless one of your current strikers are leaving.

Our local paper suggest Dyche wants both but Deeney is his main target. Other sources suggests we don't even want Juke and its just agents talk to start a bidding war. Btw Vokes is out until probably January, unlikely to be the same player until around Feb.

This experience obsession is a rut that all of the bottom half Prem sides/newly promoted sides seem to get into every season. The bottom half of the Prem is losing quality every season and you have to ask what experience do Taylor and Reid have...it's mostly in the bottom half.

Teams like Southampton and Swansea have done better by being a little more savvy with their signings, rather than going for the lower Prem staples which seem to be at the height of fashion if you want to struggle to mid table in the Premier League. Eventually those sorts of sides get sucked into a relegation battle, like Bolton, Fulham, Newcastle...

Deeney and Dawson are good signings but I think you're going to be relegated with a fabulous squad for the Championship, and providing you keep Dyche, you'll be better off for having had a season in the top flight. But still. You don't have to be that good to have three teams worse than you in that league anymore, so it's not unrealistic to hope to survive in my opinion.

As you said Taylor and Reid have experience in a dog fight which is where we expect to be, they won't play much anyway but the know how they bring is vital for the firsts season. Yes if we get relegated then we will have a side capable of walking promotion again, we have to be realistic in our aims and if I was Dyche I would raid the Championship for tr best players and build a side with the aim of winning the Championship.

As you said Taylor and Reid have experience in a dog fight which is where we expect to be, they won't play much anyway but the know how they bring is vital for the firsts season. Yes if we get relegated then we will have a side capable of walking promotion again, we have to be realistic in our aims and if I was Dyche I would raid the Championship for tr best players and build a side with the aim of winning the Championship.

Best of luck for Premier Burnley boy you deserve to be there you were outstanding and what you did last season, always like to see any promoted team survive in Prem, even QPR I like Harry's honesty, hope you get the players Dyche is after, very underated manager.

Archived