Bryson or Thorne?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson soon to be 28 who relies heavily on his fitness vs a player that is 21 with the world at his feet...Depends on the length of time. Simply for next season...still Bryson. But over the course of 3/4 seasons...without a doubt Thorne. But I want both and I want us to keep Hendrick and Hughes too. Perfect Midfield. 

Yup, Thorne, agree with Bris, plus bring in Aberto Bueno on a free with Thorne, job done (with Bunjacku as protege) :rolleyes:

Altho if its correct and the fee for Bryson is around 750,000 :o

Then who knows re FFP

Thorne.

He's so important for our style, Bryson's goals are but his style isn't.

I agree that Thorne wins by a short head, but Bryson's style is crucial as he is the only one of the midfield who currently, consistently makes runs beyond Martin looking for the one-twos and thus pressuring the defence and accelerating the speed of the attack in the final third, Hendrick is getting there in that respect.

Bryson. If he isn't playing for us next season then it likely means we'll have lost him for 750k which is just ridiculous  :(

No likely about it, someone would have activated the hypothetical 750k release clause in January if it existed... I highly doubt it is in his contract, who wouldn't want a goal-scoring midfielder for less than a million?

Who got us to third in the league? Bryson.

Goals are more valuable in football and take away Bryson I can't see Hughes and Hendrick combined getting anywhere near his total.

Not to mention his assists, a lot providing Martin too.

Sorry buddy but they're not, otherwise Barcelona would have gotten rid of Iniesta - who averages around 5 goals per season - years ago.

I'd agree if we were talking about on the three front positions, but as a midfielder, goals are merely a bonus.

No likely about it, someone would have activated the hypothetical 750k release clause in January if it existed... I highly doubt it is in his contract, who wouldn't want a goal-scoring midfielder for less than a million?

Maybe a couple of clubs had activated the clause but he chose to stay? I really hope no one at the club was foolish enough to agree to such a clause but Nixon seems so certain of it and he's usually spot on when it comes to Championship stuff  :huh:

Sorry buddy but they're not, otherwise Barcelona would have gotten rid of Iniesta - who averages around 5 goals per season - years ago.

Goals are important and valuable in football, surely that is out of the question.

Iniesta may not get goals but he does provide goals.

Goals come from assists and secondary assists, iniesta is key at that for Barcelona as he contributes through that. 

Also we don't have someone else in the team scoring 46 league goals a season (messi) to make up for the fact others don't score as much. 

I think, without Bryson's goals and assists last season we would not have got 3rd place. With Hughes and Hendrick for the whole season instead, fair enough we may have got a playoff spot but Bryson was key. Thorne was not. 

I think the way we play Bryson bombing forward to support the lone striker in Martin who likes to drop deep, is more valuable than Thorne covering the back four and picking passes going forward. 

Maybe a couple of clubs had activated the clause but he chose to stay? I really hope no one at the club was foolish enough to agree to such a clause but Nixon seems so certain of it and he's usually spot on when it comes to Championship stuff  :huh:

I think it would have emerged from someone similar to Nixon if a club had activated his release clause.

Archived