Bryson or Thorne?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable. Definitely Bryson. How can people even say George Thorne...?

Bryson is at his peak at the moment, I doubt he'll improve much more, Thorne is 21 and I'd rate him as good as Bryson and in 3 or 4 years time he'll be a class above Bryson ever was.

Unbelievable. Definitely Bryson. How can people even say George Thorne...?

Bryson is an energetic attacking midfielder with decent but not spectacular ball ability. His best asset is his energy. To be able to make a midfield 3 and an attacking 4 very quickly for 90 minutes. To be backing play in all areas. He's sound on the ball but not spectacular.

I think those players are easier to find than Thorne. An extremely strong, quick thinking player. Great composure, very good range of passing. Got that ability to find time on the ball. Good range of passing. I just think it's brilliant how he can take the sting out of situations by being composed, strong and mobile.

He's like Hughes in his decision making. Not just any pass but the right pass. He knows when to force and when to kill the game. Even more so than Eustace with all his experience. He's a unit too.

That's my thinking anyway. It's close.

I'd settle for Bryson and Ince if Brighton are open to low offers...

Thorne is a West Brom player and they don't want to sell him - why build up false hopes?

I am sure SM is planning for life without George. If West Brom change their minds, which is very doubtful, getting GT would be a bonus.

Thorne at £2/3.5 million vs Bryson at £0 + contract renewal/ slight wage increase = no brainer.

It's a testament to McClaren that with our new style of play that the defensive midfielder role is key to our system. Certainly Thorne is hugely superior in that role to Eustace, but if West Brom play hard ball and ask silly money then there must be other, cheaper, or other loanee alternatives for that position. We could never replace Bryson for £750K ( if the clause is to be believed ). 

Also I'd only give us a 40/50% chance of us signing Thorne, no matter how keen we are getting him full time. The system is spot on, don't be held to ransom for the person to fulfill that role.

No choice to make as we only own one of them.

Can't help thinking of pretty woman when I think of George, we've fell in love with a prossie, but she's gone back to her pimp.

Will we be Richard Gere, and save George? Or will the evil baggies pimp him out to the next customer?

Bryson. By a country mile.

Everyone's getting way too doey eyed about Thorne after 9 frigging games in a side that was already flying. (THAT's JUST NINE GAMES, in case you missed it)

Then, even if he comes back he expects to be a guaranteed starter or he'll be off.

Can't believe some are ok with the thought of Bryson going. Can't believe how many under estimate what he brings us.

Archived