Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

I think Burnley staying in the Premier League is on a par with Rotherham winning promotion next season.

Is that cruel? I don't know.

But it's not going to be any great mystery if they're bottom for long periods of the season, their ambition is really low.

15k wage-cap? Chelsea pay their Under-21s more than that.

Piazon (15k) Bamford (15k) Kalas (15k) van Aanholt (15k) Perica (17k) Wallace (20k) Ake (20k) Traore (25k) Kakuta (25k) Chalobah (30k) McEachran (30k) van Ginkel (35k)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm - I'm starting to think the haggling over the clause was just stalling tactics to get him to start preseason. Getting back in amongst the squad, having the banter and seeing what he would be walking out on, as SM said in his interview, could have been a major deciding factor.

Or maybe so they could lock him in a broom cupboard with Bucko for half an hour.

Looks like I was right (apart from the Bucko bit)

There were one or two little things over a clause in his contract but we are delighted it never actually came to that.

Any chance we can stop the Burnley bashing?

Can anyone blame them for trying to get Bryson for 750k? I'd like to think we'd be all over him if roles were reversed.

They're a good club and most their fans are good people - they have a population not much more than Burton and are in the top flight. Fair play.

Next time we go there get in the Burnley league club and have a sensible conversation with them. Both founder members of the football league and we've won a similar amount of trophys. Both good clubs.

good shout, they had some good posters on here when we played them at their place. They wanted us to go up too.

I spent a couple of hours in the Burnley cricket club before and after our encounter last season. To a man they were a decent bunch. They probably now think of us the way we think of Baggie fans.

In short, a tunch of bossers.

I bet it didn't take the full couple of hours to come to this conclusion :-D

I think Burnley staying in the Premier League is on a par with Rotherham winning promotion next season.

But it's not going to be any great mystery if they're bottom for long periods of the season, their ambition is really low.

Piazon (15k) Bamford (15k) Kalas (15k) van Aanholt (15k) Perica (17k) Wallace (20k) Ake (20k) Traore (25k) Kakuta (25k) Chalobah (30k) McEachran (30k) van Ginkel (35k)

Well, most of them would walk to Burnley's first team so maybe their salary is earned?

Hmmm - I'm starting to think the haggling over the clause was just stalling tactics to get him to start preseason. Getting back in amongst the squad, having the banter and seeing what he would be walking out on, as SM said in his interview, could have been a major deciding factor.

I have a feeling that's spot on

Kakuta on loan would be nice.... if Chelsea paid half his wages      :p

I bet it didn't take the full couple of hours to come to this conclusion :-D

No, I had to go back up to the bar again to make sure.

Do Chelsea publish their employees salaries, or is this taken off a game?

Do Chelsea publish their employees salaries, or is this taken off a game?

It's from their main blog, they have an excel spreadsheet with all the fee's wages, contract dates...etc 

I have no idea how they got it though, but it's a fairly credible fan site. It pointed to the fact that in the FA CUP our annual wagebill was five times less than their bench for that game.. staggering really. 

Just found out that I'm related to Bryso now, (he's my Aunts cousin she just got a call saying "our Craig's been made a millionaire" she called me from Leeds to ask if I had heard of him, (she's not a footy fan clearly) meeting up with him next week no bull I may even be truly #ITK haha

Just found out that I'm related to Bryso now, (he's my Aunts cousin she just got a call saying "our Craig's been made a millionaire" she called me from Leeds to ask if I had heard of him, (she's not a footy fan clearly) meeting up with him next week no bull I may even be truly #ITK haha

Tell him we want to send him a massive hug from all the fans at Derby... then when you go in for the hug whisper in his ear "If you ever leave us we'll find you..."

Tell him we want to send him a massive hug from all the fans at Derby... then when you go in for the hug whisper in his ear "If you ever leave us we'll find you..."

Already thought of what to whisper in his ear apparently he's a big whisky fan like me and we are gonna go on the ale so perfect time to show the love/threaten him from us lot.

Also I'll let him know Batman is watching...

Already thought of what to whisper in his ear apparently he's a big whisky fan like me and we are gonna go on the ale so perfect time to show the love/threaten him from us lot.

Also I'll let him know Batman is watching...

He will want the high end stuff mate.... Single malts only.... He best not dilute the fcuker either! ;)

He will want the high end stuff mate.... Single malts only.... He best not dilute the fcuker either! ;)

Haha that's ok he can fooking pay, apparently derby made him a millionaire the second he signed, so I'm sure he can me back for some of my tickets/pies/pints haha

You do realise you have committed the cardinal sin of giving away your source? And you haven't even extracted any info yet.  ;)

Archived