Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the delay. Been in a meeting at work.

Got a text to say Bryson's deal is now 5 years.

Sorry for not updating you sooner.

I know you probably wont be bothered.

I was told 3 last night.

Didn't he already have 2 years left? Maybe your source meant a 3-year extension, thus making it a 5 year contract?

To be honest, reading some of the FootyMad Burnley comments, I honestly impressed they can read, let alone write. They seriously have no grasp of logic.

- Player at club for years

- Offered at best a deal of equal pay to stay

- Remains with his current club

Their conclusion: "Mercenary, would not want"

They're throwing terms like "mercenary" around, when really I can only commend Bryson for being honest with the club and just coming right out and telling them something like: "Look, I love the club, but with the kind of money they are offering me I may have to think of leaving". A five year deal is always a risk, but if anyone on the team now has earned it you've got to say it was Bryson. Plays his heart out, and has managed 126 appearances in a mere 3 years.

Never had any doubt what so ever.  We heard nothing from the club regarding the rumours, because that was all they where.

If I was a forest fan, I would be thinking thats 6 points we've dropped before a ball has been kicked!!

To be honest, reading some of the FootyMad Burnley comments, I honestly impressed they can read, let alone write. They seriously have no grasp of logic.

They're throwing terms like "mercenary" around, when really I can only commend Bryson for being honest with the club and just coming right out and telling them something like: "Look, I love the club, but with the kind of money they are offering me I may have to think of leaving". A five year deal is always a risk, but if anyone on the team now has earned it you've got to say it was Bryson. Plays his heart out, and has managed 126 appearances in a mere 3 years.

This gem made me laugh...

"Kind of sums up why Derby didn't go up - players too interested in money rather than the Premier League. Hasn't Hughes resigned too? If they get this much cash in the lower league, what incentive is there to go up? Are they really the types who will recruit personal trainers over the summer like some of our guys?

As for Bryson in particular, looks like we have already turned our attention to a player who has played virtually the last decade at Premier League level - something he looks destined never to do."

I mean, that first part... WHAT?

We have no household names, no superstars and our wages are very middle of the road in the grand scheme of the Championship. Absolute craziness.

And we were playing QPR in the final for god's sake... talk about irony! If that result was anything to go by, we didn't bring in enough "mercenaries".

I am so confused reading this, please help me.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110999897&page=4

They're calling him a mercenary because he chose to stay at his club?????

They're saying he chose the money even though it's the same money????

They're saying he's not determined for them since he didn't go to the prem even though he clearly believes Derby can get to the prem given his form this season was his ticket in if he wanted to??????

I shouldn't have read it :(

Kind of sums up why Derby didn't go up - players too interested in money rather than the Premier League. Hasn't Hughes resigned too? If they get this much cash in the lower league, what incentive is there to go up? Are they really the types who will recruit personal trainers over the summer like some of our guys?

As for Bryson in particular, looks like we have already turned our attention to a player who has played virtually the last decade at Premier League level - something he looks destined never to do.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

@willburton3: Bye bye Craig Bryson have fun coming down with burnley next season whilst we dominate the championship and go up!! @bryso7 Scottish *****

Also favourited that... Lol

I bet the moron known as Will Burton 3 feels like a massive douche bag now.  :lol:

Bryson turned out to be the OPPOSITE of mercenary. It's been refreshing to see this kind of commitment between club and players. 

Has any team scored a million goals in one season? I think we might just pull it off  :lol:

Archived