Shaun Hutchinson

Stuniverse

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I though Chris Martin qualified for Scotland cos he shook Brysons hand once.

He was made an honourary Scot due to his fantastic service in holding up play for Craig Bryson this season. It's been invaluable to Bryson's goals this past year.

I thought Martin was eligible for Scotland because he has only ever watched the group stages of the World Cup.

Well, there isn't anyone alive who have watched them beyond the group stages.

• 2 weeks later...

In all fairness, this whole thing came from Alan Nixon.

Along with a whole host of other ***** that has never materialized.

I doubt we ever even looked at him.

What hasn't materialised? I'm not having ago, but he has been reliable in the past. 

I do feel that IF Bryson is sold for 750k then a few people will eat their words. 

I'm not saying he is correct, but he has more going for him than he has against him. Hutchinson obviously spoke to a host of clubs, which we could have been one, and he has decided to go Fulham.

Doubt its the end of the world, he's probably more likely to get a game at Fulham, and West London is a more popular place to live than Derby...etc

What hasn't materialised? I'm not having ago, but he has been reliable in the past. 

I do feel that IF Bryson is sold for 750k then a few people will eat their words. 

I'm not saying he is correct, but he has more going for him than he has against him. Hutchinson obviously spoke to a host of clubs, which we could have been one, and he has decided to go Fulham.

Doubt its the end of the world, he's probably more likely to get a game at Fulham, and West London is a more popular place to live than Derby...etc

He wasn't aware that we needed a RB, dude. Not to mention all of these cryptic tweets that (most of them) don't materialise.

A lot of what he says is just paper talk, designed to fill up a few inches with very little truth.

He wasn't aware that we needed a RB, dude. Not to mention all of these cryptic tweets that (most of them) don't materialise.

A lot of what he says is just paper talk, designed to fill up a few inches with very little truth.

Exactly.

If you have a look back over some of the things he has said in the past, most of it never happened.

Id bet my house on Derby not selling Bryson and Keogh for 2.5 million.

He is a journalist who takes to twitter to get his followers to buy the paper he writes for 

"Big surprise about bids for your players, check tomorrows paper"

Obviously it's all up for debate, but to say he didn't know we needed a right-back makes him wrong is odd.

He doesn't watch Derby, nor does he follow us. He has an idea, like I have an idea about Celtic, Blackburn...etc but he doesn't know the ins and outs.

What he does seem to have is good connections to agents and other journalist closer to potential moves. He isn't the all-knowing, all-seeing man that can tell us everything: but everything he relays, I listen.

I hope to christ he is wrong, because it's in our interest he is wrong. We'll see. I'm prepared to be disappointed, however.

Although losing Keogh for £2million+ along with the deal would kill the blow a little bit. 

A sign of Nixon's accuracy - he was still touting us as likely to sign Nixon 18 hours ago

1. @reluctantnicko Hi Alan? Any Derby County related news? Would be nice to counter leaving rumours with promising players coming in? Thanks

2. @Nuwtfly Waiting on Thorne ... poss a striker [don't know why] ... and cover centre half in big Hutchinson at Motherwell.

The next morning he signs for Fulham. Nice one ReluctantNicko!

I don't know who this Hutchinson is, but we may well have been in for him then got gazumped by Fulham and their parachute money. Doesn't mean he was wrong.

Archived