Shaun Hutchinson

Stuniverse

Oh, this would be a very, very good signing. Seen him play quite a bit.

To put it into Derby-centric terms, he's like a mix between Keogh and Buxton. Very athletic, good in the air and aggressive (probably too much, to be fair). Shows poor judgment at times, which means he can be error-prone, and he dives in a lot. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen him play in a game where he hasn't at least been booked :lol: He is young though (22/23?) so that can probably be coached out of him.

Either way, I've always touted him and Gavin Gunning (of Dundee United) as two of the best young CBs in the SPL. As such, I'd be very happy if we signed him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To put it into Derby-centric terms, he's like a mix between Keogh and Buxton. Very athletic, good in the air and aggressive (probably too much, to be fair). Shows poor judgment at times, which means he can be error-prone, and he dives in a lot. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen him play in a game where he hasn't at least been booked :lol: He is young though (22/23?) so that can probably be coached out of him.

Either way, I've always touted him and Gavin Gunning (of Dundee United) as two of the best young CBs in the SPL. As such, I'd be very happy if we signed him.

Everyone used to think Bucko jumped in too much a few seasons back. Right coaching this lad could be a good signing

The question is: Is he better than Keogh right now so he could jump straight into our starting XI?

Yeah, and he did not really do anything significant this season at all, I agree with you, NOT.

I was guessing the answer from valleyram, that is something that was said to me in the Bryson transfer thread from valleyram.

The question is: Is he better than Keogh right now so he could jump straight into our starting XI?

Probably not. Keogh's been fantastic since Mac has come in and you always have the issue of how well SPL players can adjust to a better level of competition.

He's still young though so I'd guess that, if we were to sign him, he could take over the starting job at some point in the future.

Would sooner have Harry Maguire ,but he would cost a few million.

I've never seen him play, but a league one friend assures me that he is average. Certainly not worth a few million. Hutchinson appears to be a better option. 

I've never seen him play, but a league one friend assures me that he is average. Certainly not worth a few million. Hutchinson appears to be a better option. 

So you or your  friend did not watch Sheff Utd's great F A Cup run ?, Maguire looked distinctly above average to me .

Archived