Ownership group to meet management in Chicago

Stuniverse

I can see when they come back it will be all guns blazing in the transfer market. Let's not get too carried away though 5 million is more than enough to improve this side, more would be nice but unrealistic.

That's all I'm worried about. I've said before this transfer window has the potential of being the most exciting of many a year. There will be more players wanting to play for Derby next season that ever before, we tick all the boxes.

Signing George will have a huge impact on this club....if only if!!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is all the talk of McClaren being rescued from obscurity by Derby? If he had stayed where he was he would now be a Premier League coach!

Exactly, Coach not manager. Someone had to take a punt on him and appoint him as a manager again and it was us. So while he wasn't quite ''rescued from obscurity'', we did quite possibly revive his managerial career.

20 million? Bloody hell fire.

Be happy with five

I think B4 is right about 15-20m. As some well-known Derby kid said "What do you expect a manager to do with no money?"

"http://s018.radikal.ru/i514/1405/8f/410bbf2c5d29" alt="410bbf2c5d29">

Just found an article from DET after clough's sacking.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Nigel-Clough-sacking-met-storm-protest-Derby/story-19864040-detail/story.html

Oh dear, this wonderful club has so many ****** aka fans.

My favourite:

Reginald1978 said: "Got to say I'm really disappointed with this decision. It is not clear to me how any other manager will instill any extra drive or quality in the squad we have."

surprise surprise it turns into another clough thread,

can we have a clough jar for a bit if people are so bothered about living in the past and bringing the bloke down or back up again on here they could at least make a donation to running the forum

why cant people just have there opinion on him and leave it at that

haha

surprise surprise it turns into another clough thread,

can we have a clough jar for a bit if people are so bothered about living in the past and bringing the bloke down or back up again on here they could at least make a donation to running the forum

why cant people just have there opinion on him and leave it at that

haha

Nothing to do with Nigel Clough. It's all about fans who thought that we can not to do better without him.  

I think B4 is right about 15-20m. As some well-known Derby kid said "What do you expect a manager to do with no money?"

"http://s018.radikal.ru/i514/1405/8f/410bbf2c5d29" alt="410bbf2c5d29">

Just found an article from DET after clough's sacking.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Nigel-Clough-sacking-met-storm-protest-Derby/story-19864040-detail/story.html

Oh dear, this wonderful club has so many ****** aka fans.

My favourite:

Reginald1978 said: "Got to say I'm really disappointed with this decision. It is not clear to me how any other manager will instill any extra drive or quality in the squad we have."

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Anyway, Clough could have gotten us to the playoffs. But, this isn't a Clough thread so let's move on

I wish give him a war chest of bewteen 15 to 20m to spend on the team who can take us that extra mile put us the frame a cup.

Why stop at £20m? If we are completely disregarding FFP we might as well make it £200m and try and challenge Man City.

I that happen in time but for now we need to get out the champership.

He was being sarcastic.

We need to spend money, but 20m would go against FFP and would be a waste of money anyway. If we spend more than 5m-6m then I really don't think our board have the best interests of the club in mind.

I was speaking to a Baggies fan this morning who didn't seem bothered if Thorne left or not. I really want that deal to happen as a starting point of developing the squad. Hopefully this is a top item on the agenda at the management group meeting.

Guessing in Chicago they will finalise the budget.

Then Chris Evans will give a massive list of potential signings within the budget and they will rank the players in order of preference and then Evans and Rush will begin negotiating with clubs about buying the players. 

Thorne will be numero uno on that list surely. 

Could we see signings as soon as next week after this meeting? i hope so.

I was speaking to a Baggies fan this morning who didn't seem bothered if Thorne left or not. I really want that deal to happen as a starting point of developing the squad. Hopefully this is a top item on the agenda at the management group meeting.

So do I. Sign Thorne and add a bit of quality to the squad at certain positions (RB, CB, LW) and I expect us to achieve big things next season.

This guy got sent a free shirt by the club at the start of the season and gets invited so sit in hospitality etc, then has the audacity to slag off the board.

What an overindulged and fickle little ****.

Would rather we didn't have "celebrity" fans anyway. It's embarrassing and it looks desperate when the club tries to use them as a marketing tool.

Archived