Ownership group to meet management in Chicago

Stuniverse

Big time this! At half time I would have happily stuffed Sam Rush into a suitcase and thrown it in the Derwent, at full time I would have considered leaving the case unlocked.

You big softy - I wouldn't have gone that far. I'd have left it locked but left a paper clip inside, to give him a Harry Houdini's chance of picking the lock.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No drama in this meeting imo. Imagine up to 5m to spend alongside the Wembley money? And Niall can suck my dick.

See, this is more how I'm seeing it (about the budget we need, not about the blow job).

If you think Thorne may cost up to £2m, how can £5m be anywhere near enough? My first thought was that B4 was being a "little" ambitious but, when you think about it, you probably need £8-10m to add the quality we need (given the losses).

Then if you actually want to win promotion and not be relegation fodder, you have to plan a season ahead.

Call B4's number an ambit claim if you want but he is thinking in the right direction; to dismiss it as ridiculous is just stupid.

See, this is more how I'm seeing it (about the budget we need, not about the blow job).

If you think Thorne may cost up to £2m, how can £5m be anywhere near enough? My first thought was that B4 was being a "little" ambitious but, when you think about it, you probably need £8-10m to add the quality we need (given the losses).

Then if you actually want to win promotion and not be relegation fodder, you have to plan a season ahead.

Call B4's number an ambit claim if you want but he is thinking in the right direction; to dismiss it as ridiculous is just stupid.

I'm afraid it is a little ridiculous.  There's no way Schteve will be given that much to spend and I doubt we'd need that much to push us into the top two.  Since the new coaching staff came in only Leicester collected more points and if you expanded our average points per game over the entire season we'd have been comfortably in 2nd.  If we have a budget of around £5m a majority of that will have to go on Thorne.  It's not that broke, and doesn't need that much fixing, four players tops.

RB

CB (loan)

Thorne

Striker (loan)

Apparently the meeting went well.

There's no extra money, and they only came away with their BFH and a bendy bully.

Great.

Super.

Smashing.

Three letters......F......F......P

I think I would feel slightly disappointed now if, after spending so long getting our house in order, we started throwing stupid money at the project at the first sniff of promotion.

If anything, last season should have taught teams that promotion is achievable without mortgaging the family jewels.

I'm afraid it is a little ridiculous.  There's no way Schteve will be given that much to spend and I doubt we'd need that much to push us into the top two.  Since the new coaching staff came in only Leicester collected more points and if you expanded our average points per game over the entire season we'd have been comfortably in 2nd.  If we have a budget of around £5m a majority of that will have to go on Thorne.  It's not that broke, and doesn't need that much fixing, four players tops.

RB

CB (loan)

Thorne

Striker (loan)

So you like going to Wembley do you?

Three letters......F......F......P

I think I would feel slightly disappointed now if, after spending so long getting our house in order, we started throwing stupid money at the project at the first sniff of promotion.

If anything, last season should have taught teams that promotion is achievable without mortgaging the family jewels.

Agree and there's no need to bring the family jewels into it.

I'm suggesting £5m plus playoff money assuming it works under FFP.

RB

CB (loan)

Thorne

Striker (loan)

Think we need a new winger as well

So you like going to Wembley do you?

As stated previously if Schteve had been here the entire season with his group of players we'd have finished second so a trip to Wembley would've been unnecessary...

But yes, I do like going there, it's a nice day out...

As I see it, the play off money goes into the accounts for the year ending 30 June 2014 so if we want to use that money we need to get some signings done in the next 26 days.

Based on the fact that we have been making £7million losses when only making the odd £1million signing per yea, I would suggest that all of a sudden spending £8 to £9million on players looks unlikely.

As stated previously if Schteve had been here the entire season with his group of players we'd have finished second so a trip to Wembley would've been unnecessary...

But yes, I do like going there, it's a nice day out...

Really? I thought we were still 3rd in the form table between when Steve joined and the end of the season?

I can see Coutts playing a big role this season if he stays fit. He likes to run a the opposition the same as Dawkins and has an end product.

Was only thinking this the other day. However, I was wondering if we did not sign Thorne could Coutts have a role to play in CM?

Was only thinking this the other day. However, I was wondering if we did not sign Thorne could Coutts have a role to play in CM?

I doubt he could do a job as the holding midfielder but he could certainly do a job in the other two central positions if needs be...

You cannot take a one dimensional view of spending i.e. we need to pay £x in transfers, you need to look at what bringing in those players would do to the wage bill.  Spending £5+ million would probably push the wage bill up by £2-3 million a year, over three year contracts that costs you over £10million in total (fees and wages).  OK if we are promoted but that remains a gamble.  Loan players are often not only better quality then we can afford to buy but also have a smaller impact on the wage bill as they are not on 3-year contracts and we tend to only pay a proportion of the total wage.

I'm sure the discussion in Chicago is as much, if not more, about what we can afford in wages rather than how much to spend on transfer fees.

I would like to see two quality perm signings, Thorne being one if we can afford both the fee WBA want and the wages he will demand, and 2-3 season long loans.  The positions we need to replace are the ones we have lost :

- Right back (Wisdom)
- Fullback cover (Naylor)
- Centre back (Whitbread)
- Defensive midfield (Thorne)
- Striker/winger (Bamford)

I would take any of those players, other than Whitbread, back in those position.  At centre back we need someone who can challenge Buxton and Keogh.

If we can move-on Sammon then we would need to replace him too, but that would be a straight one out one in.

In addition 2-3 good youngsters similar to the Roos signing would be a positive move.

I'd be very surprised,bordering on amazed,if that would work under FFP as it stands.

As I see it, the play off money goes into the accounts for the year ending 30 June 2014 so if we want to use that money we need to get some signings done in the next 26 days.

That would only use up any spare FFP allowances to the extent of any wages that might be paid.You'd hardly raise an amortisation charge for the sake of a couple of weeks,particularly when the value of the asset wouldn't have diminished during the period.The only other thing that would impact would be any signing on fee/s actually paid out.

Additional Revenue

In theory the gate receipts were circa £6.5m at Wembley with the deal being done between the two teams to allow the losing team to keep the full share of gate receipts, Wembley get half so we should receive £3.25m.

Extra FA Cup money was received based on actually getting slightly further than anticipated and the lucrative home tie and TV money from playing Chelsea. £500K

Extra revenue from the increase in season ticket sales - circa 4'500 extra at say £300 average -- £1.35m 

No interest on the loans made to the club under the writedown deal agreeed -- estimate £300k - £400k per year

New member of the ownership group (maybe he will buy a directors box pass at an extortionate ammount of money..!!) --- pure guess but lets £250k per season

League position prize money (cant find the placement payout but it must be extra over what was anticipated) 

The little lot above generates approx £5.5m, granted that the Wembley money is a windfall payment.

Any signings would be written off over their contract term, so if Thorne signed for £3m on a 3 year deal then it would be written off at £1m per year.

FFP exact details should be finalised in the next couple of weeks at the League Chairmans annual golf tournament (sorry, I meant meeting ;) ) 

Hopefully there should be some additional monies made available this year, or let's hope so, otherwise Southampton may beckon for SMc.

Additional Revenue

In theory the gate receipts were circa £6.5m at Wembley with the deal being done between the two teams to allow the losing team to keep the full share of gate receipts, Wembley get half so we should receive £3.25m.

Extra FA Cup money was received based on actually getting slightly further than anticipated and the lucrative home tie and TV money from playing Chelsea. £500K

Extra revenue from the increase in season ticket sales - circa 4'500 extra at say £300 average -- £1.35m 

No interest on the loans made to the club under the writedown deal agreeed -- estimate £300k - £400k per year

New member of the ownership group (maybe he will buy a directors box pass at an extortionate ammount of money..!!) --- pure guess but lets £250k per season

League position prize money (cant find the placement payout but it must be extra over what was anticipated) 

The little lot above generates approx £5.5m, granted that the Wembley money is a windfall payment.

Any signings would be written off over their contract term, so if Thorne signed for £3m on a 3 year deal then it would be written off at £1m per year.

FFP exact details should be finalised in the next couple of weeks at the League Chairmans annual golf tournament (sorry, I meant meeting ;) ) 

Hopefully there should be some additional monies made available this year, or let's hope so, otherwise Southampton may beckon for SMc.

Sponsorship of the ground...£700kish?

New kit sponsor £250k?

Archived