Johnny Russell

Albert

I never missed the appearances. I calculated 11-12 (it was ~11.5 actually) from his performance this season only, and that was using his goals per game this season.

That prediction wasn't too far off actually. Especially consider that scaling it for him playing 39 matches instead of 46, the figure comes out at 9-10. The Scotland rate strikes again!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That prediction wasn't too far off actually. Especially consider that scaling it for him playing 39 matches instead of 46, the figure comes out at 9-10. The Scotland rate strikes again!

Add to that with around 6 of those games as recovery process from his broken leg, I'd definitely consider his first season a big success here.

Add to that with around 6 of those games as recovery process from his broken leg, I'd definitely consider his first season a big success here.

He has been a big success, I'm just a tad surprised by how successful the "SPL conversion" was again. It got Sammon's goals pretty much bang on, and now Russell's. The conversion factor of "2 SPL goals is roughly a Championship one" seems to be holding true.

• 3 weeks later...

So, now that the season is over...

How was our Scottish Lionel Messi? Did he match your expectations?

Afterall, his transfer certainly built up the biggest hype we've ever seen on here.

I thought he looked good in the second half of the season, and next season he should improve more. He seems to have pretty good dribbling skills and he's ridiculously fast.

Afterall, his transfer certainly built up the biggest hype we've ever seen on here.

I thought he looked good in the second half of the season, and next season he should improve more. He seems to have pretty good dribbling skills and he's ridiculously fast.

Makes great runs and should have never been taken off in the final

Got 9 in all comps this season, could have easily been 15 without that injury 

PistoldPete2

I think the excitement was all about the difference having a decent striker could make, I mean we could get promotion. If hed been fully fit for the whole season we probably would have been, but I guess him and Ward will be bound to get injuries. 

He did very well considering he broke his leg and cheekbone

This. I would love to see him get a good pre-season under his belt and hopefully an injury free run next term. There are things he can improve on and hopefully we will see him grow as a player. He bring a lot to the team in both defensive and attacking areas.

I first saw him at Port Vale as well and my thoughts on him were along the lines of "we've got a good'un here", I was really impressed with his apparent instinct in front of goal. The only criticism I could level at him from this season is that he often seems to be on his heels and can miss that instant response to a ball breaking free - I am really scraping the barrel for this critique.

Good player, glad he's ours 

Archived