McClaren to Saints

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you count the fact that we offered Steve the chance to rebuild his Managerial reputation when no other English club would touch him in that role ??

I know loyalty is a word that isn't used when describing 21st century football , but I believe that SM knows that he owes the club a rather large debt.

I can't see him going . He's at his spiritual home .. It's where he belongs ( call me niaive, but i believe it's very true !)

Just been on saints forum, quite a few of them would welcome McClaren, which surprised me. They don't really like us though, still bitter from the play off game. There's a thread taking the piss out of us about Saturday.

Southampton - another club that cheated its way out of the mess it got itself into.

They really don't have much to shout about - along with never winning the league title, they've never even won the second tier title either.

If it weren't for a solitary FA Cup win back in the time of flares, they'd literally have never won anything of genuine merit.

P1sspot club who will re-find their level soon enough. :)

I don't think the board are going to let this momentum go to be honest, after coming so close surely they realise we need to gun for autos now. Especially with the points return after we hired Mac.

Yeah.

In Sam Rush we trust.

From Mr Vicars...

"The press specualtion in connection with Steve is news to me and Sam perhaps best not to rely on every media report your read - enough said."

https://twitter.com/johnrvicars/status/471309104469012481

Thank goodness...

We just cant be doing with the Mac leaving us so early. He is integral to us, he is an absolute 'MUST' to have on board next year.

I'll be very upset if he did go, as i'm sure most DCFC fans would.

He is the best thing to happen to this club in 6 years, and i stand by that.

Archived