McClaren to Saints

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Stevie Mac to Southampton is currently one of the top 10 bets on oddschecker, odds slashing all over the place. Low as 3/1 now.

I blame Sam Rush, should have kept shtum.

Stevie Mac to Southampton is currently one of the top 10 bets on oddschecker, odds slashing all over the place. Low as 3/1 now.

Must have missed the plane to America.

Good morning Eddie, I posted something on the quotes thread and I think it gave someone the impression you might be on my ignore list, I'd just like to point out you are not and never have been. 

Mind you, if  I'm on yours, this'll be a bit of a waste of time.  :D

Good morning Eddie, I posted something on the quotes thread and I think it gave someone the impression you might be on my ignore list, I'd just like to point out you are not and never have been. 

Mind you, if  I'm on yours, this'll be a bit of a waste of time.  :D

Did somebody say something?

:lol:

Only got one person on my ignore list - a troll who joined last week.

Does it bug you that should both men retire from their profession tomorrow then Paul Simpson would have had the higher achievement?

Did you know in one season at this level Paul Simpson won more Championship games than he lost, whereas in the five that Nigel Clough spent here he failed on each occasion?

And Simmo did it at little Preston with no budget, whereas Clough had far bigger backing here.

Does that bug you?

To be fair, Nigel achieved more at Sheffield United this season than Paul Simpson ever has.

Or have you just completely ignored what Simmo has helped us achieve in the past 8 months?!

Or the fact he took a Conference team to League One in back to back seasons that were in complete turmoil when he took over and he nearly did a great escape the season previous.

Took Rochdale to a FA Cup third round.

Had a higher finish in one season at Preston than NC ever did at DCFC.

Had his best players sold at Shrewsbury and didn't get to reinvest in the team.

Yes, I might not want him as Derby manager if Steve left, but he isn't a complete no hoper like you have suggested and I can think of much worse options.

Not read thread but all pony and would be mental to go. Might be rose tinted glasses but how many clubs have as much affinity for their manager after only 2/3rds of a season?

It's not just 2/3rds of a season though he was was our assistant in our most successful period in the last 30 years the best period many rams fans have ever known.

I have had my excitement rekindled by Mac and his team after 5 dull years under Clough.

Archived