McClaren to Saints

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby are BIGGER than Southampton.

Just goes to show that you have to take your chances in this game cuz you never know whats around the corner. i think if offered it, he will prob take it, but i think Southampton are making a mistake as he failed with England and at the end of the day, in spite of the fantastic job Mac and his team of coaches have done at Derby, he failed woefully at the last hurdle. we had 60 minutes left (with extra time) to patiently carve QPR open with an extra man, and he chose to rush things ... that was a tactical choice that backfired. Mac has something to prove, and that is to win something at Derby, if he gets Derby up, then Southampton would have been a bad choice because Derby is bigger and better, and it would be the likes of bigger clubs than Southampton offering him a job at that point anyway. by choosing Southampton he appears insincere in his mission, and he misses out on padding his resume and ultimately getting himself an even better job at a top club. 

Derby are BIGGER than Southampton.

Just goes to show that you have to take your chances in this game cuz you never know whats around the corner. i think if offered it, he will prob take it, but i think Southampton are making a mistake as he failed with England and at the end of the day, in spite of the fantastic job Mac and his team of coaches have done at Derby, he failed woefully at the last hurdle. we had 60 minutes left (with extra time) to patiently carve QPR open with an extra man, and he chose to rush things ... that was a tactical choice that backfired. Mac has something to prove, and that is to win something at Derby, if he gets Derby up, then Southampton would have been a bad choice because Derby is bigger and better, and it would be the likes of bigger clubs than Southampton offering him a job at that point anyway. by choosing Southampton he appears insincere in his mission, and he misses out on padding his resume and ultimately getting himself an even better job at a top club. 

That was subtle, took me a while to spot that.

Archived