Anyone getting over it yet??

ramtique

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was over it after Bent missed the penalty. Now I look forward to all the transfer speculation and potential signings. Plus i didnt get to go to many games this season even though I have a season ticket due to travelling, family issues and changing jobs. But i'll be back in my seat for all 23 games next season and I can't wait. 

I am wondering why Sam Rush is so quiet, last season he was all over any press he could get, taking all the praise, where is he now, where is the apology for such a weak willed shower, where his he now taking some of the blame like he took the praise, where is he now, saying sorry to the faithful 30000, where is he now telling us what we get for our season ticket money next season,

All the players should front up & say sorry for the inexcusable failings, they should play for the fans, not use McClarens dream of being something he will never be as an excuse.

We all know Newcastle will be his next England, so let him have it & watch him fail.

All we need is for the lot of them to own up to the fact they let us down big time

then move on to next season with Big Sam from West Ham.

he is out of contract! The 2mil compo from Ginger will pay half Sam's wages

Knew the end back in Feb, too many things going on off the field, Mc leaving, rumoured bust ups, injuries, losing the defence and attack.

Seasons over everyone needs to take a long good luck at themselves and get ready for next season.  If Mc is to go, please go now, if not start preseason now.

I think i posted after Huddersfield that it suddenly dawned on me that we wouldn't even make the play-offs. Prior to that i'd given up on automatic promotion ages ago because the team was so error-prone but i still thought we would scrape into the play-offs. However i was also annoyed with the ref at millwall because the keogh penalty decision did ultimately cost us in the end, despite all the other many and various failings. 

however....what does it matter?

we are not ready for the Prem therefore just accept it, and decide how to move forward.

i was over it after the Wolves ( A )  debacle  ....   that game  told me it wasnt going to be our season ..   2 gifted goals  ,   Wolves  still having 11 men on feild  when they shouldnt have ......      cant wait for next season to start  ,  possible new manager ,  hopefully  keep hold  of the better players , rid the dead wood  ,  and see how it goes

I was over it before I got home.

It's another year in the Championship. Not the end of the world. No gutting last minute blow. I'd rather be drawing with West Brom and getting thrashed by Chelsea. But I'm not that bothered who we play.

I've still not got over the Birmingham game. That's the unforgivable performance for me. My housemate laughed at me because he thought I was being dramatic when I said that equaliser was more devastating than Zamora's goal at Wembley. I still stand by that - honestly, that's the single worst goal I've ever seen scored against us.

I've never seen a more 2-0 win in my life. We were so in control. Cruising. Comfortably better than them. It was so 2-0. So so so so so ridiculously 2-0. If that game was a colour, it would be 2-0. It was just 2-0. Such a 2-0 game.

I just don't understand how we contrived to concede two injury time goals. The referee was an absolute disgrace and you need things to fall your way if you want to get promoted, but that doesn't excuse letting the most 2-0 of 2-0 wins in the history of football slip through your fingers in 5 minutes of madness. That's when I knew something was seriously wrong. Up until that game I still thought we were going up automatically, but to drop 2 points in that style was absolutely disgusting. It felt like the journey we started in that 4-4 draw with Ipswich was over, because Birmingham game was the polar opposite.

Yesterday was nothing really. That Brum game though. FFS.

I am wondering why Sam Rush is so quiet, last season he was all over any press he could get, taking all the praise, where is he now, where is the apology for such a weak willed shower, where his he now taking some of the blame like he took the praise, where is he now, saying sorry to the faithful 30000, where is he now telling us what we get for our season ticket money next season,

All the players should front up & say sorry for the inexcusable failings, they should play for the fans, not use McClarens dream of being something he will never be as an excuse.

We all know Newcastle will be his next England, so let him have it & watch him fail.

All we need is for the lot of them to own up to the fact they let us down big time

then move on to next season with Big Sam from West Ham.

he is out of contract! The 2mil compo from Ginger will pay half Sam's wages

Why do you need an apology? Do you think they didn't want promotion? You think they weren't interested in having successful careers? 

Why do you deserve an apology? 

We don't "all know Newcastle will be his next destination"

As far as I know he said he's here until he's not wanted. He said its all speculation and Sam Rush said he's had no contact with Newcastle. 

If you choose to believe what you read in "news" papers then that's up to you. I don't live in their fantasy world where Nigel left us to Forest and we signed Michael Owen. Or maybe you believe that a Moor Farm plumber's mate on twitter is in the know. 

Please don't include me in "we all know he's going to Newcastle". I don't know that. I'm interested to know how people do know. Because it seems like it's just you lot and newspapers feeding each other. Which is hilarious.

It seems you were happier 2 years ago and before?

I've still not got over the Birmingham game. That's the unforgivable performance for me. My housemate laughed at me because he thought I was being dramatic when I said that equaliser was more devastating than Zamora's goal at Wembley. I still stand by that - honestly, that's the single worst goal I've ever seen scored against us.

I've never seen a more 2-0 win in my life. We were so in control. Cruising. Comfortably better than them. It was so 2-0. So so so so so ridiculously 2-0. If that game was a colour, it would be 2-0. It was just 2-0. Such a 2-0 game.

I just don't understand how we contrived to concede two injury time goals. The referee was an absolute disgrace and you need things to fall your way if you want to get promoted, but that doesn't excuse letting the most 2-0 of 2-0 wins in the history of football slip through your fingers in 5 minutes of madness. That's when I knew something was seriously wrong. Up until that game I still thought we were going up automatically, but to drop 2 points in that style was absolutely disgusting. It felt like the journey we started in that 4-4 draw with Ipswich was over, because Birmingham game was the polar opposite.

​I agree 100%. Thats the turning point. If we win that all the other games would have been different, and even if they weren't we would be in the playoffs right now. Oh well, move on.

Won't be over it for a long time living so close to Ipswich and having so many Tractor boy friends taking the p!$$. Oh well looking forward to the six finger derby in the play offs.

Hopefully Brentford go up though as they play decent football and I still get to see the Rams at Portman (and Carrot) Rd.

Totally with you on this, that injury time performance from all parties shocked me more than Wembley

We'd never really got going properly this season for me even though we were getting good results it never felt quite on track.

Leeds away was a warning.

The middlesboro away performance and the tactical / substitution errors was the first real alarm call.

forest at home confirmed that this team just wasn't turning up when it mattered.

the f.a. Cup non-event v reading was schteve at his tinkering worst, and lowered the standards we had set. Now it was okay to be duff. We were trying to pick and choose when we needed to turn up.

This was immediately followed by one of the worst goalkeeping horror shows at rotherham. Rotherham ffs.

By the time we played fulham, brighton , and birmingham - despite all of the above - we still had to chance to absolutely smash it. The result 1 point from 3 matches. Losing and conceding to three of the strugglers probably was when it was absolutely confirmed that this was not a team of champions.

The last 10 games was relegation form. Howlers followed by yet more howlers. The goals of bent and ince were ultimately irrelevant. The fact that we played with three loanees up front wasn't really cricket either. 

Why we blew £600k to get Albentosa in when he was available on a free at the end of the season remains one of the many mysteries.

in the end i was actually expecting what happened v reading. When asked for a prediction at the match i said 2-1 to us, but i was secretly expecting 2-1 to them.

3-0 and the shambolic performance was worse than I imagined but it wasn't exactly a surprise.

I’m not close to getting over it yet.

The slide in the past couple of months has been rough - but in the end we only needed a draw at home against an out of form team to get into the play offs. Despite that we looked completely and utterly clueless.

It’ll probably take me longer this year than last year to get over it. After watching us get beat in the final game last season I was very optimistic about the future. After watching us get stuffed in the final game this season I’m not feeling very optimistic at all.

Won't be over it for a long time living so close to Ipswich and having so many Tractor boy friends taking the p!$$. Oh well looking forward to the six finger derby in the play offs.

Hopefully Brentford go up though as they play decent football and I still get to see the Rams at Portman (and Carrot) Rd.

Same here, live in Ipswich, won't be over this till Norwich knock them out

Archived