Anyone getting over it yet??

ramtique

Was over it before it started. 

First goal sealed it. a minute in and a dreadful pass by our player of the season. Goes one on one with captain ****, I couldn't scream "Staaaaaaaaaand up!!!!!!!" quick enough before he flew across the turf, sunday league style, and made the strikers job easier than a post man in Chernobyl. 

Same old same old. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was over it before it started. 

First goal sealed it. a minute in and a dreadful pass by our player of the season. Goes one on one with captain ****, I couldn't scream "Staaaaaaaaaand up!!!!!!!" quick enough before he flew across the turf, sunday league style, and made the strikers job easier than a post man in Chernobyl. 

Same old same old. 

It was quite funny though.....he shot past like  a dog wiping its @rse

It was quite funny though.....he shot past like  a dog wiping its @rse

​I watched it again to make sure I wasn't doing him a disservice (As if), and he is in the frame for about 0.4 seconds. Maybe he was going for Sol's record?

Today, I'm still disgusted at the performance. The players should donate their wages to the Colin Bloomfield appeal.

After so many recent capitulations, recoveries, 'brave draws' against 'nothing' teams, this Reading fiasco really took the biscuit. Battered, bruised, depleted or not - Derby failed to give their best, in a golden opportunity to resurrect their chances.

Pathetic defending from our typically-horizontal captain for the first goal wasn't even a last-ditch effort; all so predictable and burned into the memory, as it set the tone for a woeful display. Leadership, discipline, application, rationality - all gone.

Pulled out of shape, no intelligence or care taken to feed Ince, Bent or Russell with any of the play that they thrive on, Chris Martin struggling to help at about 40% fitness as others showed no guts, no heart, no passion - they looked like Paul Jewell's Prem side, and I'd say *that's* a real condemnation!

Obviously, the McClaren speculation needs resolving ASAP and the club must point itself forward with the squad cull and positive recruitment ASAP. Let's hope the club is still looking up and we don't stall for another five years.

And to top it all, our illustrious opponents now include MK Dons, a 'stolen' club that I cannot respect or accept. At least I can hope they will become the next Championship 'chopping block!'

Why do you need an apology? Do you think they didn't want promotion? You think they weren't interested in having successful careers? 

Why do you deserve an apology? 

We don't "all know Newcastle will be his next destination"

As far as I know he said he's here until he's not wanted. He said its all speculation and Sam Rush said he's had no contact with Newcastle. 

If you choose to believe what you read in "news" papers then that's up to you. I don't live in their fantasy world where Nigel left us to Forest and we signed Michael Owen. Or maybe you believe that a Moor Farm plumber's mate on twitter is in the know. 

Please don't include me in "we all know he's going to Newcastle". I don't know that. I'm interested to know how people do know. Because it seems like it's just you lot and newspapers feeding each other. Which is hilarious.

It seems you were happier 2 years ago and before?

I & all Derby supporters need an apology for the lack of effort given by the management & players.

I have been supporting The Rams for 40yrs, I really dont mind if we win or lose as long as we do it playing football with spirit.

what we have had to watch over the past 3 months has been embarassing, its been painful.

I dont expect us to win every game, just to show some fight.

did you here the interview with Keogh on radio derby after the Reading match, he said he had spoken with the lads about the McClaren position & it has not helped.

Mc should have simply said IF DERBY WANT ME IM HERE TO STAY.

Its history now, all im saying is show some fight.

They take the praise when things are good so why not the stick when things are bad.

Sam Rush proves my point, end of last season on sky sports & bbc east midlands every day taking the pludits, how many times have we seen him end of this season?

All in the history books now, wait for June 17th when fixtures come out.

hope to god we sign atleast 3 top players before then 

As everyone is saying, it was over a long time ago, for me the rot set in with the Reading cup game....playing a reserve team against them instead of going out and beating them, keep the momentum rolling on... 

And to be fair, the players looked over it a long time ago too.!! 

Why do you need an apology? Do you think they didn't want promotion? You think they weren't interested in having successful careers? 

As far as I know he said he's here until he's not wanted. He said its all speculation and Sam Rush said he's had no contact with Newcastle. 

If you choose to believe what you read in "news" papers then that's up to you. I don't live in their fantasy world where Nigel left us to Forest and we signed Michael Owen. Or maybe you believe that a Moor Farm plumber's mate on twitter is in the know. 

Please don't include me in "we all know he's going to Newcastle". I don't know that. I'm interested to know how people do know. Because it seems like it's just you lot and newspapers feeding each other. Which is hilarious.

​Don't need any apologies. But to hear what the players thought would help rebuild bridges and renew optimism

They're human, they have frailties, we all get that. What were the players hoping for, how are they feeling relative to earlier this season? Are they angry/dismayed/embarrassed by how things have turned out?

I saw back some TV footage of them all trooping off at the end of reading - their expressions looked more quizzical than distraught. Did that look like a team "wanting" promotion?

Saturday at 4:45 - everything seemed to happen in slow motion as that goal went in; came over all giddy and felt sick to the pit of my stomach. Last time I felt that bad after a football match was coming back up the M1 after defeat (another undeserved one!) to Leicester in the play off final in the 90s!

Sunday morning - wandered round Tesco, still in a daze, feeling like I was nursing the most almighty hangover. Yet I swear, despite the obvious temptation, I hadn't touched a drop!

Sunday evening - the numbness had started to subside and allowed myself some therapy by looking around the DCFC fans forums for solace. Turned up many amusing tales which made me cry with laughter (and also pride, when reading tributes to our wonderful football from many fans of other clubs who shared our feelings of injustice at it all).

Monday - yep, just about over it .. but keep getting flashback reminders such as the 'look back at play off weekend' at the end of the Brewers game on Sky this afternoon.

For me, Saturday showed we just weren't good enough and not yet ready for the step-up. Hard to say that, as we were definitely better than QPR on the day; however, for all of our wonderful, flowing football - and the fact we scored 85 goals - quite often when we have come up against a truly experienced and solid defence (Wigan?), we have been found wanting. For all our dominance on Saturday, how often did we REALLY look like scoring? I also felt that at some point Lady Luck would run out on us ... we had our fair share of it against Brighton and before that in a number of the league games. For sure, the cruel blow she dealt us at the end on Saturday more than made up for all the rest, but I did fear it was coming!

As for the future, I fear it may be a while yet before I get the 'buzz' back for next season. But back it will come, of that I'm sure. We will lose players we would rather not over the summer and some we will be glad to see leave. But I am confident that Schteve will replace them with players who are at least their equal and hopefully their betters.

There is no doubt that, for all the heartache this weekend has brought us, Derby County is now many fans around the country's favourite other team. Even more significantly, other top mangers will not hesitate to let their best young talent come to us now they have seen the kind of football our management team has fostered. As much as I'd love to see George Thorne back in a Rams shirt, I fear it won't happen: too many premier managers (even Dyche was at Wembley singing his praises on Saturday) have seen what he is capable of; George himself has said he wants to play in the PL asap. However, I also have no doubt that Schteve and his team will attract players of similar ability to the club over the summer.

Maybe that 'buzz' is returning sooner than I thought wink

OK I've slept couple nights its still raw but getting better it feels worse than Wembley defeat and I still got go back to work in stoke on Trent but I'll get there and let's get ready next season which will be even harder with the 3 from prem down and likes of Bristol c, mkdons look brilliant and they got money to spend but I sit down and think right bring on forest again they will be loving this so let's all group together and go again bring on forest bring on QPR  we are super derby 

I'm over it now. We clearly weren't good enough and if we'd made the play offs it could have been embarrassing.

I'm already worrying about which game(s) I'll miss due to being away in August and lining up my "definite" away games (Rotherham and MK Dons for a start off as I've not been to either before). 

im kinda struggling to get over it to be honest, more so because most of the players didn't seem to care. The fact we played better with 10 men against  a more inform reading at the time spoke volumes of how much effort and desire the players put in on Saturday. How can a team that went to bournemouth and dominate for large parts look so damn poor in most games in a matter of months. if It wasn't for ince and bents goals  i have no idea how much we would of collapsed.  keogh and forsyth would be the first players I would put on the transfer list. I have zero confidence in them to perform consistently for even a couple of games never mind a season. we probably would have to spend about quite abit of money to get four consistent championship defenders though and that's what we need badly.

I am wondering why Sam Rush is so quiet, last season he was all over any press he could get, taking all the praise, where is he now, where is the apology for such a weak willed shower, where his he now taking some of the blame like he took the praise, where is he now, saying sorry to the faithful 30000, where is he now telling us what we get for our season ticket money next season,

All the players should front up & say sorry for the inexcusable failings, they should play for the fans, not use McClarens dream of being something he will never be as an excuse.

We all know Newcastle will be his next England, so let him have it & watch him fail.

All we need is for the lot of them to own up to the fact they let us down big time

then move on to next season with Big Sam from West Ham.

he is out of contract! The 2mil compo from Ginger will pay half Sam's wages

​Congratulations for entering the running for the stupidest post of the year.

Why is Rush so quiet? What do you want him to say? Where is he telling us what we will get for next seasons ticket money? I will tell you what you will get, a seat for 23 matches.

The faithful 30,000? Where were the faithful 30,000 before Rush arrived? Are you one of the faithful who just turn up when we are winning?

Do you really think the players need to come out and apologise to you? Why exactly? Do you think the fans should apologise for not getting behind their team when they needed it most?

If you really want Big Sam from West Ham well...I won't even bother actually.

You think Sam Rush is on £4m per year? I would suggest you do the sensible thing and look at the accounts which spell out what Rush is taking out of the club before you make such idiotic suggestions.

I & all Derby supporters need an apology for the lack of effort given by the management & players.

I have been supporting The Rams for 40yrs, I really dont mind if we win or lose as long as we do it playing football with spirit.

what we have had to watch over the past 3 months has been embarassing, its been painful.

I dont expect us to win every game, just to show some fight.

did you here the interview with Keogh on radio derby after the Reading match, he said he had spoken with the lads about the McClaren position & it has not helped.

Mc should have simply said IF DERBY WANT ME IM HERE TO STAY.

Its history now, all im saying is show some fight.

They take the praise when things are good so why not the stick when things are bad.

Sam Rush proves my point, end of last season on sky sports & bbc east midlands every day taking the pludits, how many times have we seen him end of this season?

All in the history books now, wait for June 17th when fixtures come out.

hope to

​Congratulations for entering the running for the stupidest post of the year.

Why is Rush so quiet? What do you want him to say? Where is he telling us what we will get for next seasons ticket money? I will tell you what you will get, a seat for 23 matches.

The faithful 30,000? Where were the faithful 30,000 before Rush arrived? Are you one of the faithful who just turn up when we are winning?

Do you really think the players need to come out and apologise to you? Why exactly? Do you think the fans should apologise for not getting behind their team when they needed it most?

If you really want Big Sam from West Ham well...I won't even bother actually.

You think Sam Rush is on £4m per year? I would suggest you do the sensible thing and look at the accounts which spell out what Rush is taking out of the club bef 

Sith Happens

Am i getting over it yet? No....was the worst KFC ive ever had.....damn you KFC for ruining my final home game of the season!!!

On a positive note, we have a really talented squad, yes we missed out by a point but its exciting being a rams fan for the first time in god know how long!! Next season GT will be fit, CM back to his best, some nice little signings to compliment and improve the squad.

COYR!!

Archived