Anyone getting over it yet??

ramtique

Saturday at 4:45 - everything seemed to happen in slow motion as that goal went in; came over all giddy and felt sick to the pit of my stomach. Last time I felt that bad after a football match was coming back up the M1 after defeat (another undeserved one!) to Leicester in the play off final in the 90s!

Sunday morning - wandered round Tesco, still in a daze, feeling like I was nursing the most almighty hangover. Yet I swear, despite the obvious temptation, I hadn't touched a drop!

Sunday evening - the numbness had started to subside and allowed myself some therapy by looking around the DCFC fans forums for solace. Turned up many amusing tales which made me cry with laughter (and also pride, when reading tributes to our wonderful football from many fans of other clubs who shared our feelings of injustice at it all).

Monday - yep, just about over it .. but keep getting flashback reminders such as the 'look back at play off weekend' at the end of the Brewers game on Sky this afternoon.

For me, Saturday showed we just weren't good enough and not yet ready for the step-up. Hard to say that, as we were definitely better than QPR on the day; however, for all of our wonderful, flowing football - and the fact we scored 85 goals - quite often when we have come up against a truly experienced and solid defence (Wigan?), we have been found wanting. For all our dominance on Saturday, how often did we REALLY look like scoring? I also felt that at some point Lady Luck would run out on us ... we had our fair share of it against Brighton and before that in a number of the league games. For sure, the cruel blow she dealt us at the end on Saturday more than made up for all the rest, but I did fear it was coming!

As for the future, I fear it may be a while yet before I get the 'buzz' back for next season. But back it will come, of that I'm sure. We will lose players we would rather not over the summer and some we will be glad to see leave. But I am confident that Schteve will replace them with players who are at least their equal and hopefully their betters.

There is no doubt that, for all the heartache this weekend has brought us, Derby County is now many fans around the country's favourite other team. Even more significantly, other top mangers will not hesitate to let their best young talent come to us now they have seen the kind of football our management team has fostered. As much as I'd love to see George Thorne back in a Rams shirt, I fear it won't happen: too many premier managers (even Dyche was at Wembley singing his praises on Saturday) have seen what he is capable of; George himself has said he wants to play in the PL asap. However, I also have no doubt that Schteve and his team will attract players of similar ability to the club over the summer.

Maybe that 'buzz' is returning sooner than I thought wink

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my buzz is already back, tbf, i think if we manage to sign thorne then im probably gonna celebrate more than if we beat qpr in the final, and im sure that just about everyone will get the buzz back in the transfer window one way or anothr ;)

i was 11 years old when we lost to Leicester at wembley. I cried then like a little girl - at the ground, on the tube and all the way back home. And this time round, I cried again as a grown up in a bar in Bahrain, however, I have a new friend and its called red wine. 

Yep. Gutted on Saturday and hardly spoke a word on the coach home.

Sunday snapped out of it and i'm looking forward to next season already.

You win some you lose some and the players gave it their all did everything but the one thing that mattered,score.

We've had a really good season and seen some wonderful football and i am looking forward to more of the same next season.

I just hope people don't get too excited and go over the top with their expectations, Go into the season hoping for a great season but don't think it is our right based on this season. 

I'm not over it yet - I know that it will get better - it always does and I know that we've got so much to look forward to but it's going to take time for me. We're starting to talk about it a bit now - starting to get it straight in our heads - an improvement on Saturday night. MrRam didn't even buy a paper today.  

My daughter left school on Friday and looked lovely and grown up on Friday night at her prom yet I found myself holding her up in the concourse on Saturday as she sobbed in my arms - my baby again.  She said, I didn't want to cry out there - I kept it together.  :(  

Well hopefully the board have had an insight in to what this club is all about - and how far we can go and what it means to the fans and the county and make the step up financially. Judging by the tweets from the lads leaving - it's a good place to be.

Well hopefully the board have had an insight in to what this club is all about - and how far we can go and what it means to the fans and the county and make the step up financially. Judging by the tweets from the lads leaving - it's a good place to be.

The whole friging country was backing us. 

As sad I was for not winning, I was also nearly as sad that it may have been Thornes last game. Was listening to Talksport today driving back from a long weekend and they had the pitch side commentator on saying he walked past Thorne on the ground who was crying. If you're not even a Derby player by contract, to show that level of emotion is huge.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow. There's going to be four gumps ready to have their ten pence worth. Mind you i didn't rub it in when we won 5 - 0 i didn't need to. I just feel numb and keep getting the song 'when the ball hits your head, when your sat in row z that's zamora'. I just keep thinking why didn't he ******* hit row z on saturday. I just hope we can keep the team together. I have really enjoyed this season some of the football has been great. It has just left me numb. I'm not even looking forward to the world cup. May be August 9 i'll be happy again. It's going to be a long summer.

As sad I was for not winning, I was also nearly as sad that it may have been Thornes last game. Was listening to Talksport today driving back from a long weekend and they had the pitch side commentator on saying he walked past Thorne on the ground who was crying. If you're not even a Derby player by contract, to show that level of emotion is huge.

Hi all game recorded, not watched, no Sunday paper didn't want to read about it, not watched sky news, totally distanced myself from what happened, so not over it  :(

hes a ram, hes a ram, i reckon he seriously wants to join us, i know he said he would seriously consider a permanent move here, george thorne, is a ram.

Thank god i was only 8 in 1994 when i last went to a p.off final! People have already said once we learn more about the squad over summer will all be raring to go for next season. The manner of zamoras goal has knocked everyone off their feet, but thats the game we love. Just got to back mac and the boys, 13-14 was one hell of a ride. Their will be millwall at home games and then there will be forest/brighton feelings. Strap yourselves in! For now watch the world cup and it will leave the system.

Archived