Anyone getting over it yet??

ramtique

Don't think my wife's going to get over it - ever.

Now she's moaning about the whole injustice of playoffs and wants to turn the clocks back 27 years.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched it with the sound off....first time i've seen owt from it tbh - were you 'puffin'?

You look nowt like Rodney....

Don't think my wife's going to get over it - ever.

Now she's moaning about the whole injustice of playoffs and wants to turn the clocks back 27 years.

Nowt wrong with what they did when they 'made' the premiership - bottom three of league one - played top three of league two - or whatever it was....

I'm over it now. I'm not happy we didn't go up but on reflection I believe we are going to sign the same players for next season anyway.

So looking at it with the squad we have would you rather be putting 5-8 players into a prem season where we see more losses than wins or build on what we have and push for automatic promotion and then build a squad early for a sustained prem push next year.

We have a great chance of attracting a better quality of player to this club for next season than I've ever known. Let's see what the next two weeks hold.

No and experience has taught me, never will. How deep it remains depends on what happens now. If we bounce back, brilliant. If we are still in the Championship in 3, 4, 5 years time I suspect the pain will actually increase as the golden opportunity lost gnaws away.

A couple of days on what really frustrates is that we needed the whole team to turn up. Only Thorne really turned up. The rest were average at best. All the possession in the world but the quality of final ball, corners, free kicks, decision making, movement and pace wasn't really there. The catalogue of errors for the goal just compounded it. But hey ho, it happens. It's commonly called bottle or mental strength but on Saturday we didn't have enough players who had it. When McClaren said we weren't ready I suspect that's what he meant.

The way the loanees came on in leaps and bounds, I can see the 'big 4' bending over backwards to lend players to DCFC (Derby County Finishing School)

I watched it with the sound off....first time i've seen owt from it tbh - were you 'puffin'?

You look nowt like Rodney....

Yep that's me.

The Rodney thing is an old joke, probably about time for a change. Wouldn't want it to be my fault Thorne doesn't sign after all...

No. Not over it in the slightest. Just got back to Istanbul and need to turn work self on for early tomorrow morning :(

The day leading up to full time was fantastic, catching up with a load of old mates on the bus going down, hadnt seen some of them for donkeys, real good laugh all the way and in the pubs leading up to the game, top day and then that goal happened, tore me apart, horrible journey back, deflated, numb, speechless, couldn't muster a word and neither could anyone else, at times it was like I wanted to say something but the words couldn't force themselves out.

Agree about much needed perspective, far far worse things going on in the world to let this knock you but the sad thing is, its still got me.

A few more days and I'll be ready to go again.

COYR

I think a lot of the players may be feeling that next season will be a season wasted in their careers.

Theres no doubt they will have all been thinking of the premier league, now they have to come to terms with another long season in the championship.

That will be hard for them to get over.

I think a lot of the players may be feeling that next season will be a season wasted in their careers.

Theres no doubt they will have all been thinking of the premier league, now they have to come to terms with another long season in the championship.

That will be hard for them to get over.

There will also be some who know that the Premier is a level too far for them and their game time never mind future at Derby should we have gone up would have been debateable.

I always thought that your username was somewhat ironic.

There is a difference between ambition and optimism, Ed.

I hope we can keep everything ticking over, the same team pretty much with a few new faces which will come in with the same attitude and hunger for success. Although, I expect a summer of both elation and disappointment.

I have no doubts we're, at present, the most attractive club in the Championship. We're the team that clubs will want to loan players out too and we're the club players will want to join. We've earned an incredibly sought after reputation this season and we need to build on it.

Nevertheless, I don't quite think the investors share the same desire that Fawaz does at Forest, or Fernandes does at QPR.

When all said and done, all the investors can do is put their money where their mouth is. The two above have done that. They've trusted the wrong people, but they've put the money into the club. Which is why, to a point, I wasn't fussed over QPR going up. Tony Fernandes has dug really deep into his pockets for that club, and the amount he has had to spend to get promotion is staggering. So, well done to him.

We need to have loftier ambitions as a football club, no doubt. We have to start rolling the dice a bit more, trusting the management a bit more (something I think we will do) and raise our standards a bit more. 

Ultimately, the only way a team becomes really successful is by spending money. It's the same at any level in the sport. No team on our budget, regardless of how well-coached it is will win the Premier League. It's a money game, unfortunately.

Thought I was over it, then I came back up to Uni. Left my room to go for a shower and my housemate changed my laptop background to Bobby Zamora.

I would normally laugh, but I just bit him.

Your housemate is lucky England doesn't have America's gun laws really.

This is way too funny.

Yes, I saw the obvious error about 20 minutes later, when it was too late to edit it.

Nope - not over it

Was sat with my 1975 Rams Charity Shield shirt in the 5th tier of Wembley - and totally gutted

My last major disappointment was the 1977 semi final at Hilsborough against Man U.

Totally gutted - and now fear that some of our players might leave and McClaren may have his head turned by Saints

Nope - not over it

Was sat with my 1975 Rams Charity Shield shirt in the 5th tier of Wembley - and totally gutted

My last major disappointment was the 1977 semi final at Hilsborough against Man U.

Totally gutted - and now fear that some of our players might leave and McClaren may have his head turned by Saints

I was in the top tier, also in a 75 charity shield shirt and also gutted

Nope - not over it

I was at hillsborough irobinson and what a horrible feeling that was too..and a lot of the older members on

here will remember what happened to the squad the following season..it was almost unrecognisable and correct

me if i'm wrong we got Docherty in maybe a year later and went from bad to worse!

So yes getting over things like this takes time, i wasn't at wembley last saturday but watched it

in the pub and when that goal went in it bought that hillsborough nightmare flooding back, the thing we

didn't have was time to rescue it so it hurt even more..i hope things like this dont repeat itself next season

where the squad suffers after this defeat like in 77-78..times have changed since then though.

Archived