Anyone getting over it yet??

ramtique

We'll see what happens with Southampton though. My biggest fear is that should McClaren jump ship you chaps have the sense to recognize how good Davies is now and re-employ him. With him at the helm you'll walk the league.

Good on you. With that ridiculous comment, I'm smiling more than I have since the defeat.

Davros is a pile of *****. Why do you continue to support him, is it because you've always felt closer to dwarfs because of shortcomings down below?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will ultimately see what this close season brings but I for one am getting very excited already about our prospects. With the experience they have gained through the heartache of Wembley I think the players will be fired up for a tilt at the top spot. If we land Thorne, keep the rest of the squad together and add the two/three quality loans/permanents we need we are going to take some stopping.

Basically I am saying both the team and the fans now believe without any doubt we are very very good.

Billy signed some great players, Hobbs, Paterson, Lichaj, Henderson & De Vries all signed for less than 2m last year, overall he had a superb transfer window.

What have been his Derby signings so far exactly?

Yep, Macaroni who labelled McClaren as "two-faced", cost 8m and who's only just broke 100 league goals after 250 or so appearances aged 34.

And Miller's up there in the worst 5 signings we've ever made. A terrible player who hit a purple patch at a team which is at his level.

That's my whole point with McClaren - he can get players having purple patches and is OK for cup runs or seasons like last one where no-one expected anything. Is that someone who you're happy to see spend a massive amount of cash? Surely you'd be better of spending a modest amount of around 3-5m and seeing how he does first? You can always back further in Jan.

We'll see what happens with Southampton though. My biggest fear is that should McClaren jump ship you chaps have the sense to recognize how good Davies is now and re-employ him. With him at the helm you'll walk the league.

What a patently ridiculous statement.

Surely a player such as Miller would score MORE goals in a BETTER team than Yeovil where he would be on the end of more chances - unless, that is, that you are suggesting that Yeovil are, or were, a better team than Nottingham Forest?

In which case - no change there then.

Davies is the destroyer of dressing-rooms, and the destroyer of club morale. He did it at Preston, he did it at Derby and he did it TWICE at Nottingham - yet even now, one or two arselickers sing his praises. You are the last of a dying breed, Alf. It takes years to undo the damage his style of mismanagement causes - Forest haven't even begun to plumb the depths yet. You are no longer in a position to spend-spend-spend your way out of trouble - enjoy the next transfer window, because it will be the last for your lot without an embargo for a few years.

Shame we lost,but nothing to be disappointed with.It was a great day,the clap & standing ovation for Colin Bloomfield was brilliant,I hope this gives him the motivation to fight the fight. Also we are the highest scores in championship, great fan base. And we beat the red dogs 5-0 Come on you rams

i was 11 years old when we lost to Leicester at wembley. I cried then like a little girl - at the ground, on the tube and all the way back home. And this time round, I cried again as a grown up in a bar in Bahrain, however, I have a new friend and its called red wine. 

Can you drink in Bahrain,

Part way through yesterday it suddenly dawned on me that it was only a week since the final. It just didn't make sense, it seemed like a month at least!

My first thoughts (and I posted such) was that we'd need to replace loan players and keep existing key players just to stand still and that was going to be difficult.

Now the mist has started to lift. If we can sign Thorne (now more likely than ever but still tricky), keep the likes of Bryson, Hendricks, Martin and Hughes (last named probably not as vital as the others providing we get a proper fee) and use SM's contacts in the loan market then all is not lost.

No, I'm not over it and never properly will be, but things don't look quite as bad as they did.............

Archived