Derby hoping to keep loan stars

davenportram

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9326429/transfer-news-derby-hoping-to-keep-loan-stars

McClaren said after seeing his side fall at the final promotion hurdle: "The next stage is keeping the players we have under contract together.

"I'd like to sort out the likes of Wisdom and Thorne and Bamford. Maybe we have a chance of getting them back because I think they've enjoyed their time here.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne is obviously priority number one. Without question.

Wisdom, yeah I'd like to sign him, I do think it will be tricky. He won't be a part of Liverpool's first-team next season, no question. So, I don't know what will become of him. He will most likely move to a lower mid-table Premier League club.

Bamford, I think we'll get on loan again, he is far away from being a regular Premier League player and Chelsea's number three striker. He needs to establish himself as a regular in our team before he can think of the next step. That being said, I think his over-hyped reputation means he will get Premier League interest. I just hope he realises where he is as a player, why he didn't start for us and what a move to a side better than us is likely to do for him. 

Bennett tweeting saying next season is our season. Feel that he could play a big part next year

I'd be quite happy, if Bamford were to leave, to just advance Bennett a bit.

Saves money and we still have quality cover for Russell and Ward in Dawkins and Bennett coming off the bench.

Think people are reading too much into these goodbyes....loan contracts are up and will be off to bang the wags on some beach whilst the agents start the calls.

Yes probably right.....but would I be reading to much into the fact that George Thorne hasn't tweeted his goodbye yet?

Wisdom, yeah I'd like to sign him, I do think it will be tricky. He won't be a part of Liverpool's first-team next season, no question. So, I don't know what will become of him. He will most likely move to a lower mid-table Premier League club.

They do have 2 domestic cups, the league and champions league next year, so I assume they will need plenty of backups, with Glen possibly on his way out and Enrique only just coming back from injury I would imagine he will be staying at Anfield next season. I do hope I'm wrong though, would love to see him back.

Flanagan and (if fit) Kelly are ahead of Wisdom. As with all players, if the price is right...

Not to mention Glen Johnson, Jose Enrique who can fill in at RB if needs be and the fact Liverpool's summer priority is a new fullback.

Andre Wisdom will be out on loan next season, either to us or a fellow PL club.

Why not us again? Brendan Rodgers will have been so impressed by the way we play football it's surely good for Wisdom's development rather than being a part player at someone scrapping like Hull City.

I think promotion was needed to get Thorne back - if he doesn't start for WBA there is sure to be other Premier League interest from the likes of QPR etc...

Hull have two better wing-backs than Wisdom in Elmohaday and Rosenior (they play 3-5-1-1).

Had never heard of George Thorne before we signed him, would love to see him sign up, but if not I'm sure we'll get someone else we won't have heard of, hopefully they'll be great too.

We will be struggling if we are relying on Bennett and Sammon next year as the subs to come of the bench....

i would love to see bennet play a serious role in the first team next season, i think most of us were bemoaning us playing a 17 year old regularly when hughes was first introduced into the first team, look at how good that turned out, bennet has pace and power, i would like to think he would be our 'bamford' option next year, although hell probably have a better work rate

Archived