Derby hoping to keep loan stars

davenportram

Think a lot of prem clubs will see thorne as a gamble a lot of pressure to stay up. Think well get him back on another season long loan at least we might even sign him. I think we could sign all if we. Can but if we dont we can get other.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would love to see bennet play a serious role in the first team next season, i think most of us were bemoaning us playing a 17 year old regularly when hughes was first introduced into the first team, look at how good that turned out, bennet has pace and power, i would like to think he would be our 'bamford' option next year, although hell probably have a better work rate

I would love to be wrong but I see an attitude problem in him whereby he already thinks he is bigger than he is. I know he's basically a kid and that does for make him more immune to criticism but when he was given opportunities, he didn't take them this last season. In a free flowing team, he got some game time at the start and failed to make an impact. Without seeing his games at Chesterfield, again failure to score doesn't give me the confidence he will score regularly.

I am not upset if Bamford doesn't come back (no way will he be the third striker at Chelsea) as I think that gives us an opportunity to go out and get a really good attacking winger. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ward not offered a contract either, so technically that frees up two spots with Bennett being fifth choice.

i know what your saying, a lot of people are crying out for someone with sammons work rate but with a bit of skill, and judging on the 10-15mins that bennet played for us off the bench at leeds, i thought he was explosive, i would much rather we play/have bennet bench warming next season than sammon, it will do him the world of good to start making cameo appearances, and i would not be upset if bamford came back either, im saying, i would prefer us utilise our own acadamy product and player that will benefit us for the future rather than to bring in a prem loanee that see's us as a stepping stone for bigger things

Agree with your points there. I don't think McClaren rates Sammon at all but his job is probably more difficult to get rid of him now we haven't gone up. Extra money would have allowed three strikers on the books, but staying down means it's probably only two. (On the assumption the formation doesn't change) so he needs to somehow move Sammon out, to free up a spot along with wages.

I won't be surprised to see 1 or 2 from overseas at 500k come in, probably players we have never heard off. However, key is keeping Thorne or in essence replacing that position, and getting us playing how we can with three or four new faces in there.

Agree with your points there. I don't think McClaren rates Sammon at all but his job is probably more difficult to get rid of him now we haven't gone up. Extra money would have allowed three strikers on the books, but staying down means it's probably only two. (On the assumption the formation doesn't change) so he needs to somehow move Sammon out, to free up a spot along with wages.

I won't be surprised to see 1 or 2 from overseas at 500k come in, probably players we have never heard off. However, key is keeping Thorne or in essence replacing that position, and getting us playing how we can with three or four new faces in there.

I don't think anyone does haha

Thorne is obviously priority number one. Without question.

Wisdom, yeah I'd like to sign him, I do think it will be tricky. He won't be a part of Liverpool's first-team next season, no question. So, I don't know what will become of him. He will most likely move to a lower mid-table Premier League

Wherever Wisdom ends up next season he'll play centre back I reckon. He was quoted as saying that's his favoured position and played there for U21s.

Wherever Wisdom ends up next season he'll play centre back I reckon. He was quoted as saying that's his favoured position and played there for U21s.

I could see that happening. Wisdom is a funny one, I have no doubts he is a cracking player at this level and he does have it in him to be a Premier League player. But, under the wrong coaching in the wrong team, I feel he could go back a couple of years in his development.

I'd say Forsyth, at current, is a better player. So, he needs to take stock of what he get relatively expect to achieve. Same with Hughes and Bamford.

Nothing wrong with ambition, but sometimes you have to be sensible.

Archived