Rapist to sign new deal at Sheffield United

davenportram

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, Gary Linekar speaks a whole lot of rubbish.

Footballers aren't role models, they are just people who are quite good at a certain sport that is it.

Does anyone actually think that on the back of this that a Sheffield United fan will go out and rape someone because "Ched did it so it must be ok"...?

How would you feel if it was our club in question? Would you object to him returning?

Would I want Derby to sign him? No, because I don't rate him and it would risk harming our team spirit.

Would I want him if I was a Sheffield United fan? Probably. He could easily get them promoted and that's all a football fan really cares about

It doesn't matter whether she can remember or not. As I said above, Evans was convicted because HE couldn't have had sufficient reason to believe she consented. It is his motive which matters, not her memory, and his motive is clear from the actions he took. Her lack of memory just speaks to the fact that she was unconscious when he forced himself on her.

I am afraid your posts show neither accuracy or logic.

If I am wrong that she had passed out when Evans started having sex with her , then I take it all back , hes a rapist.

But there no evidence for this, leave alone that it was proven. She says she cant remember anything, meeting either of the footballers , agreeing or not to have sex, nor the acts themselves.

If her lack of memory  speaks of her lack of "consciousness" then she was not conscious when she met Macdonald,  not conscious when she consented to sex with him etc. And why would she be less conscious when Evans turned up 10 minutes later?  

You assume , despite no evidence at all to contradict the two footballers,that nothing was said about the prospects of having sex.Somehow she ended up in bed with Macdonald without any words being spoken.   The only reason you think he was acquitted is the extra time he spent with her meant she seemed more complicit, and not the fact that she said she wanted sex. And the fact that the reasons Evans was found guilty was because she was  passed out: (as I say there is no evidence of that) or that  he had less time to establish whether she was complicit.How long does it take to ask the question?

The prosecution would not have a hope in hell of proving that she didnt say yes to sex, when there are 2 men who say she did and she says she cant remember. There is no evidenec of force such as brusiing etc which might, in the absence of the lady's memory of events,  have helped prove that she said no or resisted. 

So the only hope they would have is for the prosecution to prove that she was too drunk for that consent to be meaningful. If so, the extra time that Macdonald spent with her would if anything give him more time to establish she was drunk.

Like I say , the verdicts make no sense  whatsoever.  

Of course a lady receiving abuse on twitter or other social media is unacceptable, as are abuse to Judy Finnegan and her daughter , and threats of rape against her. Evans is no more responsible for that than the lady complainant  is for the abuse and threats to the Madeley family, ie not at all in either case.    

Would I want Derby to sign him? No, because I don't rate him and it would risk harming our team spirit.

Would I want him if I was a Sheffield United fan? Probably. He could easily get them promoted and that's all a football fan really cares about

I'm sorry but there are still football fans who care about a lot more than promotion.

I'm sorry but there are still football fans who care about a lot more than promotion.

Sure, they'll say that now. But wait until he's banging them in for whatever club will take him, then they won't care.

Especially when this case isn't as open and shut as others might be.

Touching on the subject of role models made by a poster earlier.... Think we are harsh on footballers, think it's a poor generalisation of them and we lump them in with all the bad lot.... Lots more footballers who go about there lives quietly than others....

I am afraid your posts show neither accuracy or logic.

They are accurate insofar as they coincide with the facts that we know, a correct definition of rape, and the verdict of the court. Logic has nothing to do with it, cases aren't decided by logic. It seems to me you show a total lack of understanding or insight, but I'm not going over it again.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but you are inevitability basing it on ignorance because you have no access to the evidence or to the jury's deliberations. You are also entitled to speculate, but it is this kind of speculation and rumour mongering which has ultimately fueled the defamation of the victim's character.

You also speak in a pompous and portentous way as if you somehow know more than judges, legal team and jurors involved in the case... which is a complete nonsense, you do not.

They are accurate insofar as they coincide with the facts that we know, a correct definition of rape, and the verdict of the court. Logic has nothing to do with it, cases aren't decided by logic. It seems to me you show a total lack of understanding or insight, but I'm not going over it again.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but you are inevitability basing it on ignorance because you have no access to the evidence or to the jury's deliberations. You are also entitled to speculate, but it is this kind of speculation and rumour mongering which has ultimately fueled the defamation of the victim's character.

You also speak in a pompous and portentous way as if you somehow know more than judges, legal team and jurors involved in the case... which is a complete nonsense, you do not.

No thats not true. I have access to evidence, transcripts , the Judges sentencing comments etc.  

You have no evidence that this lady passed out prior to sex so you are the one spreading rumours. That is just the kind of inccuracy which leads to the complete idiots spreading threats to Miss Madelely etc, fuelled by inaccurate information. And the same ignorance that just because someone does not agree with you they can be abused with random insults.

I am sorry you find it pompous that I dont agree with a Jury. Were the Hillsborough families pompous?  Or Andy of Liverpool who doesnt agree with the sentence? Or all those that say rape victims get rough justice? People are entitled to their opinions and if you gave anything which showed  anything I say is based on inaccuracy as I say I will take it back. You have given nothing but your own personal prejudice and abuse. 

I certainly think with all the press crap about footballers, it is hard for them not to be role models in some sense. But someone like Rooney, captain of England, he is hardly good role model material is he?

Now I do not know the specifics of the case, it is messy but I find his antics deplorable. Essentially it is his word against hers, we can go round and round in circles all day long, does this constitute rape..blah blah blah. He could have saved himself a lot of bother by engaging his brain instead of his cock.

The best solution in this situation would be for Evans to turn to another profession, I find it somewhat arrogant that he believes he can walk straight back into a privileged job. It is a tricky moment for football, I don't think there is a solution where he can play football at a high level, there is too much media and now political involvement.

I certainly think with all the press crap about footballers, it is hard for them not to be role models in some sense. But someone like Rooney, captain of England, he is hardly good role model material is he?

Now I do not know the specifics of the case, it is messy but I find his antics deplorable. Essentially it is his word against hers, we can go round and round in circles all day long, does this constitute rape..blah blah blah. He could have saved himself a lot of bother by engaging his brain instead of his cock.

The best solution in this situation would be for Evans to turn to another profession, I find it somewhat arrogant that he believes he can walk straight back into a privileged job. It is a tricky moment for football, I don't think there is a solution where he can play football at a high level, there is too much media and now political involvement.

I agree there is too much media and political involvement . And of course hes an idiot for getting himself into trouble. But its not really his fault hes at the centre of such a sh1tstorm. And I would worry that  Derby could alienate their female fans by hiring him. 

Three young people have done things they have good reason to regret. It happens. On both sides I think the reactions have been deplorable. Its a very very messy situation, I just dont think our legal system is fit to handle it.

His girlfriend will be very proud of her millionaire footballer boyfriend when he makes his return, doubt she'd have stuck around if he worked at McDonalds though

Bit harsh don't you think? Character assassination of someone that you know very little about

Bit harsh don't you think? Character assassination of someone that you know very little about

Harsh? Whether she was awake or conscience or whatever, he still boned someone else and his missus is happy with that and will stand by him, ahhhhh. What you on about character assassination for? Facts are facts. Jeez Louise lighten up!

Archived