Keogh

DerbyRam!

Not willing to read this full thread. Keogh gives it his all and what happened was just a huge F**k up. Kompany did similar in the Liverpool game, it just happens sometimes.

God knows how the poor guy feels.

He's a brilliant player and perfectly capable of being in a back 4 which gets us promoted in my eyes.

People haven't realised how good our defence has been this season considering how attacking our team is.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen quite a few people suggesting that our CB pairing is our weak link, even someone suggesting he panics everytime Keogh gets the ball. Personally I feel almost the exact opposite, I think they're vital to how we play. I won't go so far to say as I get excited when either Keogh or Buxton get on the ball, but I know that they are both capable of starting an attacking move and that's fantastic. Whether it's by charging out 20-30 yards to commit a midfielder or pinging a 40 yard ball out to the opposite wing, the one thing you can be almost sure they won't do is hoof it into the channels for Martin to 'chase'.

The way we play, both our CBs must be willing and capable of playing the ball out of defence like this. Unfortunately the downside of this is it makes us liable to, occasionally, give the ball away high up the pitch. Sure we could go out and sign a clogger like Dunne who's going to stick it in row Z or punt it downfield at the merest hint of pressure but not only would that harm us going forward, it would force us to do more defending in the long run as well.

Personally I can't think of any (realistically attainable) CBs who would improve us enough to make it worth even considering replacing Keogh or Buxton. Not to say that they're not out there, I just don't know who they are...

Does Gstar Ram attend any matches? if so is he one of the ones that gets plastered beforhand and remembers nothing!...... no italics!

Interesting that you joined the forum on Saturday - when you were at Wembley, presumably?

Anyone else notice Jeff Hendrick go straight up to Richard Keogh after the goal and tell him to get his head up? Great maturity from such a young player.

Hendrick is a future captain whatever club he would be with, mentioned this the moment he broke into the first team

Interesting that you joined the forum on Saturday - when you were at Wembley, presumably?

KIds and sister there, i cried when they got tickets, Ive just had major back surgery.As I keep saying its not one game.

Not willing to read this full thread. Keogh gives it his all and what happened was just a huge F**k up. Kompany did similar in the Liverpool game, it just happens sometimes.

God knows how the poor guy feels.

He's a brilliant player and perfectly capable of being in a back 4 which gets us promoted in my eyes.

People haven't realised how good our defence has been this season considering how attacking our team is.

Couldn't agree more. He's a good CB at this level & has had a good season irrespective of what happened on Saturday.

On the way out, some bolshie sod started asking everyone who had "made that f*ck up" - I told him it didn't matter. We're a team - we win together, we lose together.

Chin up Richard - you'll be stronger for this experience.

Goodness me, all of you who are having a go at Keogh need to have a quite word with yrsen.

Since McClaren came in Bucko and Keogh have been the two who have improved the most. If Keogh were at the end of his contract any number of clubs would be queuing to sign him.

Ive seen his error a few times and yes it should have been stopped before it got to him. If you look at his position he was already falling back, smashing the ball out from that angle would have been tough. Yes other players may have cleared it but thats the difference in a quality player and world class.

the problem with us losing one nil wasn't the one we conceded it was our failure to score a goal that cost us.

Agree - commented to my brother at HT that we needed to score at least one if only to safeguard against the one that we'd likely give them at some point. 

The price we pay for our cavalier approach to football. We'll concede more than we would if we played a more conservative game. Personally, I hope we carry on playing the way that we do. Saturday was just one of those games. 9 times out of 10 we'd have won that, and probably comfortably. Bucko's, Fozzy's and Keogh's errors for the goal wouldn't have made the blindest bit of different if we'd been 3-0 up at the time.

There's a number of new posters and that doesn't necessarily mean they're glory hunters jumping on the bandwagon - maybe they've just found us.

No, but a new poster who questions another poster as to whether or not they go to games deserves to be asked the question themselves - especially when the date of joining coincides with the biggest match the club has been involved in for 7 years.

I see Forest fans have been on Twitter abusing Richard Keogh's wife. just because she commented on his behalf

Stay classy, Forest fans.

If I remember right, it was stick Keough was getting off our own fans which made him scrap his own Twitter account.

Just sayin.

Glad to see them days have gone. Hope he does well on International duty which is where he is now according to his mrs.

Does Gstar Ram attend any matches? if so is he one of the ones that gets plastered beforhand and remembers nothing!...... no italics!

Yes, had a season ticket for 26 years and go to my fair share of away matches.

I take it from your response that you can't actually think of any costly mistakes other than Saturday?

Keogh is a good championship player, in a good championship side. If he never made mistakes he'd be playing in Brazil this summer for England (I know he plays for Ireland but that's because he would never get anywhere near the England side). When we're playing champions league finals every year then is the time to murder someone for one mistake, however costly, in 90 minutes of football

Yes, had a season ticket for 26 years and go to my fair share of away matches.

I take it from your response that you can't actually think of any costly mistakes other than Saturday Check out reruns of goals against; positional play; giving ball away,its all there too see for yourself,you like Keogh, I like a lot of Keoghs attributes, but!                                        

Archived