Keogh

DerbyRam!

I do like Keogh but I would sign a new CB next season to play alongside Bucko. Keogh is sometimes prone to mistakes.

Feel sorry for him today though.

This must be some sort of joke right? I mean I've read your comment about a thousand times now to see if there's a hint of sarcasm or something...

...But no, I think you actually believe that dropping Keogh would be for the best... I can't even understand how anyone can say that...?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This must be some sort of joke right? I mean I've read your comment about a thousand times now to see if there's a hint of sarcasm or something...

...But no, I think you actually believe that dropping Keogh would be for the best... I can't even understand how anyone can say that...?

I can, I think another centre half and genuine captain is vital for automatic promotion push next season

I can, I think another centre half and genuine captain is vital for automatic promotion push next season

Game of his life yesterday for everything but the error. 2nd only to Thorne for Rams MOTM

It's merely a case of finding someone better. That's what football is about, constantly changing and improving. There are better Centre halves our there than Keogh, if we can find one then I would drop Keogh. Simple as that.

If you've earned the right to make mistakes then there's nothing to be ashamed of or blame. Mistakes happen. It's what you do for the majority of the game that counts.

Keogh has been very good for most the season. Excellent under McClaren. That's how we even got to Wembley

Keogh is an easy target, made the obvious mistake. What about Bucko failing to clear, forwards failing to take chances?  Yesterday wasn't our day, Keogh worked his socks off, Bucko toward the end looked knackered but he kept going...For me we had a team who gave everything yesterday, we've had a season to be proud of, and with a couple of tweaks, if we can keep the nucleus of this team we've got a bloody good chance next year - including Keogh for me. 

Well I wouldn't say Keogh is not at fault.

It was his fault

It was also Bucko's fault

And Forsyth's

But they will be class next season.

We're all missing the point (except Shabash).

Keogh made a mistake as did others. But we live as a team, we die as a team. So the team made a mistake. Full stop!

And the way in which the boys fought together all day - all season - was wonderful. The way they all tried to console Keogh was wonderful.

Now, as a team, there is only one way to redeem ourselves. To turn this hurt into something positive....

All players make mistakes. The great Colin Todd seemed to drop a b0llock every other match. Keogh/Fozzy/Bucko were just unlucky that their collective errors happened when they did and that a last minute goal resulted.

Nicely said, Grimmers! That was what I was trying to say. But you said it better.

Keogh's wife put on twitter earlier: “@_charliekeogh_: From Rich; "Your support means a lot, thanks for the messages, it still hurts this morning but we will come back stronger for it."”

Obviously we're all gutted with the result but I take immense pride in seeing how much this club really does mean to our players. I think this will spur them on and really drive them to achieve the goal of promotion next season.

+ 1

If I knew how to bold your second paragraph, I would. Not normally one for collective displays of action, may I suggest we all '+ 1' the Boss's words to show Rich and the boys we're more behind them than ever!

Its NOT a 1 match issue im afraid, Bucko and Forsyth have improved beyond recognition throughout the season,as have the team as a whole under the boss, but the fact remains Keogh makes costly mistakes constantly; An outstanding die for the cause,run through a wall captain,but erratic,panics under pressure all season.Mclaren will stick with him though because hes thinking his good points outweigh the bad;they dont! Reminds me of a few more weve had in the past e.g- Jay Mceveley-Darryl Powell etc, all heart,but you hold your breath every time they got the ball.

Its NOT a 1 match issue im afraid, Bucko and Forsyth have improved beyond recognition throughout the season,as have the team as a whole under the boss, but the fact remains Keogh makes costly mistakes constantly; An outstanding die for the cause,run through a wall captain,but erratic,panics under pressure all season.Mclaren will stick with him though because hes thinking his good points outweigh the bad;they dont! Reminds me of a few more weve had in the past e.g- Jay Mceveley-Darryl Powell etc, all heart,but you hold your breath every time they got the ball.

in some instances i agree with you. Like it or not keogh can be a bit bambi on ice. But if he wasnt he wouldnt be at derby he'd be a league higher.

Its NOT a 1 match issue im afraid, Bucko and Forsyth have improved beyond recognition throughout the season,as have the team as a whole under the boss, but the fact remains Keogh makes costly mistakes constantly; An outstanding die for the cause,run through a wall captain,but erratic,panics under pressure all season.Mclaren will stick with him though because hes thinking his good points outweigh the bad;they dont! Reminds me of a few more weve had in the past e.g- Jay Mceveley-Darryl Powell etc, all heart,but you hold your breath every time they got the ball.

Just out of interest can you refer us back to some of these costly mistakes?

He was awesome up until that point, which is a massive shame.

Wasn't entirely his fault though. Buxton gave the ball to them, Forsyth should have stopped the cross and Keogh should have smashed it into row Z.

But its hould have been our throw in not there's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived