How are you getting to Wembley (it's a poll)

rezner

How are you getting to Wembley  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Gritstone. Ive only been to two games this season, both away - does that make me a plastic fan?!!

Like hell does it, I used to go home and away pretty much every game before leaving the UK..

Cheers Gritstone. Ive only been to two games this season, both away - does that make me a plastic fan?!!

Like hell does it, I used to go home and away pretty much every game before leaving the UK..

can be a real pain being a derby fan abroad surrounded by chelski. manure and liverpoo plastics.

Not in my book.

There are those who never went to a game at all last season, never bought a season ticket for next season until we had actually made it through the playoffs and now decide to buy a season ticket for next season so they can buy a ticket for Wembley.

I bet you that some of them, the day after Wembley, win or lose, will suddenly discover that they can't go next season after all and will cancel their season ticket.

Now THAT's super-brittle old-fashioned radio bakelite plastic.

Not in my book.

There are those who never went to a game at all last season, never bought a season ticket for next season until we had actually made it through the playoffs and now decide to buy a season ticket for next season so they can buy a ticket for Wembley.

I bet you that some of them, the day after Wembley, win or lose, will suddenly discover that they can't go next season after all and will cancel their season ticket.

Now THAT's super-brittle old-fashioned radio bakelite plastic.

Ive been disappointed with myself this season, usually get back for at least 6/7/8 games a year but work has taken over over the last 12mnths. I am a season ticket holder via ramsplayer on match days though and pretty much listen to every kick - if I can't I feel as though I'm letting both myself and the boys down which for me is unbearable - sad I know but can't seem to let it go.

You're right about the plastics though, Sunday evening I looked on fb and saw people who I didnt even know were real Derby fans wanting tickets - I'm sure most of them couldn't even name 5 of our current players.

can be a real pain being a derby fan abroad surrounded by chelski. manure and liverpoo plastics.

I think I've been quite lucky, the English who are my mates over here are West Brom, Birmingham and Preston. I used to know a lad, he went back home a year or two back who was a mad, and I mean bonkers mad Matlock Town fan!

I've booked hotel down there, and was planning to go home sometime Sunday afternoon. But it seems the trains are only going as far as Bedford and then it is 'replacement bus'  :(  

edit to add.........that's from St Pancras back to Kettering, which I think is also the train which carries on up to Derby.

Archived