Play-off SF Leg 2: Derby County v Brighton & Hove Albion

CumbrianRam

That was just absolutely......ruthless. 

Absolutely loved our attitude throughout the game. Would we try to defend the lead? Would we at some point decide to shut up shop? Fook that, went after them from first minute to last and absolutely murdered them. In terms of total domination I can't really remember a game like it. What a great game to do it in!

The last time we were in a playoff SF it was nerves all round, but none of that tonight. Not from the players, not really from the fans, it just looked like they always knew that they were going through. Certainly a lot more stress-free watching it than I expected.

What a game - fantastic atmosphere, glorious football, and a stunning result. 

Although it was the glut of goals that took us through, I thought the defence were largely superb too, and Grant was flawless. Great save at the end of the first half, and a couple of really tricky long-rangers that he did well to keep a hold of. Not really much he could do with the goal.

Very proud of the team tonight.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought this might happen today.

Cant believe Garcia thought his usual away tactics would work, thought he might have something up his sleeve. Would have definitely started Lua Lua and got far more bodies forward.

Really do rate that Rohan Ince, think he could be a very good player.

Any team with Keith Andrews in should feel fortunate to just finish 6th. 

Really enjoyed being at the game today - such an incredible atmosphere and purposeful footy too. Incredible day all round apart from the unexpected deluge before the game which meant a short trip over the road to Intersport to get some new (dry) socks! Brighton came with a rigid plan to contain and try and nick one and that clearly wasn't going to work more or less from kick off. They were poor as much as Derby were superb. Nothing more to say really. An annihilation. Just such an enjoyable day out and I'm so very pleased for everyone.

Archived