Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were to go up, I doubt we'd invest any money in young talent from other clubs. You need players who are going to make their mark straight away and then once you've stabilised yourself as a premiership team, then you can go out and invest £10 million a year in young talent.

Having reflected on today and what we would need if......if we go up then Caulker and Snodgrass would be the immediate signings I'd make. The only trouble you would have is the big wages.

The first and most important signing would be good ole George.

There needs to be care taken in who we must get in. I do believe though that we will sign a few players nobody has ever heard of. This team that we have at the moment need to be given a chance in the Prem though, that is the team we have including all the loans.

We stay down, Peterborough stay down... worth a look at Assombalonga?

33 goals this season, can't imagine him staying there next season if they're still in League One.

Might be another Bamford situation, he scored for fun in that league too, but has shown certain limitations. If we go up, that's 2 steps up, rather than 1.

Don't know much about Assombalonga, other than his goal-scoring record, which is impressive. Must be worth a look, surely?

If we get promoted we have the basis of a good squad, certainly better then 2007/08. However, there are significant areas which will need improvement. We need to sign Wisdom and Thorne on permanent deals, still unsure about Bamford. At the start of the season I had my doubts about Grant but he has been superb, and his season summed up in his performance over the two legs of the play off semis. Wisdom to start at RB next season if possible. Keogh and Buxton have been brilliant this year but I have my doubts whether they would be good enough in the prem. At least one new CB needed. Forsyth has been okay, but I'd want a new LB if we get promoted - Jon Parr has been linked with us before and he's out of contract in the summer. If we get Thorne we have 4 class central midfielders in him, Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick. I would keep Eustace if we are playing champ footy again next season but if we go up, try and replace him with a new CDM who has plenty of prem experience. Maybe one more CM aswell incase of injuries. I like Ward, Russell and Dawkins on the wings and would take Bamford, but if that didnt happen we could do with another Winger, preferably right footed. Finally we need a new striker to compete with Martin up top, sell Sammon as soon as possible.

There are afew decent players who are out of contract this summer: Gary Gardner, Jon Parr, Alex Tettey, Jack Colback, Crhis Brunt, Billy Jones etc. and some of these are probably unrealistic but it would be good to see afew of these sorts of players coming in! Looking at who has been mentioned already on here, Grabban would be a good addition, Caulker and Snoddy particularly unrealistic, almost 100% Snoddy will be off to Celtic and Caulker to a top Prem side.

Mac seems to have been quite thoughtful in the transfer market so far so hopefully over the summer this will continue

If promoted would look at

Snodgrass

Hangeland

Troy denney and a few players from abroad tbh most of our team deserve a chance in the prem and I think a few would do a very good job

Dan Burn is another i'd look at, did very well at Birmingham in the first of the season and a big talent for the future. Redmond would be a very good signing if possible, also Fraizer Campbell, been reading he has an 800,000 release clause, if so makes him good value compared to say Grabban, Deeney or McCormack

Looking at Australia before the World Cup, Mark Milligan might be the kind of player to look at. A very capable defensive midfielder, has been keeping Jedinak out of the Australia line up in the past.

Luke Brattan at Brisbane is a very tidy player as well, a defensive midfield with outstanding passing range, about 24 if I recall. Brisbane play a short passing game based around possession and he's the key to that set up. He's another who's likely to be in Brazil with Australia, as is their right back, Ivan Franjic, who is both solid defensively and very good going forward.

Archived