Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard a few whispers about Twente striker Luc Castaignos, 21 years old, former Inter Milan and current Dutch U-21 international. Heard good things about him and he's exactly the sort of player Derby need, 27 goals in 65 isn't bad either. Also surely Derby could look into the possibility of Leroy Fer, looked pretty good in a poor Norwich side and player under McClaren at Twente. However wages and fee could be stumbling block. Also wouldn't mind having a look at Luuk De Jong, being loaned to Newcastle last season suggests that he isn't in the first team plans at Monchengladbach. Always thought he was impressive but after seeing him at Newcastle my opinion of him has gone down slightly - still no doubt a talent and would be a fantastic signing. However fee and wages would quite possibly be the stumbling block also.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned him yet but, providing his wages aren't too high, Jordan Mutch from Cardiff. Young lad originally from Derby, only 22 and got 7 goals in his first season in the prem. From what I've seen, he looks like he could grow into a class act. 

Cole was an important member of McClaren's England team. Whether that's a good thing or not, remains to be seen.

Cole has come out and said he wants to play under a manager he can trust and knows how to utilise him. So who knows. 

I heard him in talk sport, and he said money wasn't a problem, he wanted to play central midfield, with a team who played the passing game he liked, plus who had young players he could help bring on with his experience. Also needs the club to be ambitious.

I think we fit the bill.

Expect him to be at Wembley as a guest of the club.

We don't need washed up Premiership has beens, no thanks, stay away from Wembley Joe, go find another club.

He produced the best live performance I have ever seen in football, I'm bound to rate him. Dependant on wages, I'd definitely take a chance on hi, 

Our Premier League season. At Stamford Bridge. I think he scored once and set four up - I could be wrong, he was incredible though.

Right then, 6 seasons ago, you and Boycie give him a contract and keep him as a pet, just don't let him anywhere near a Derby shirt

Archived