Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless do what division we are in next term I'll suggest Adam le Fondre and Danny Guthrie from Reading - neither of whom have yet been offered new contracts. Even having had by his standards a poor season, ALF has still bagged 16 goals. If we have had a weakness this year it has been not converting enough chances - I know that's open to debate as we are top scorers In the division but that's how I see it

DG has always looked good when we have played against him. An alternative to Thorne?

Of the relegated teams it is not long ago that Hangeland was touted as the best CB in the division. What could Steve Mac do with him?

If we got promoted, Hangeland would be ideal - always rated him

Having looked through, I thought I may analyse some of the names involved with just a few words for each..

Steve Sidwell - good player, very high-earner - unlikely.

Bryan Ruiz - Played under Steve, was probably the best performer in his time at Twente too - will be a high-earner. I think there would be interest in a reunion, but wages will be an issue.

Joel Campbell - Hit the headlines for his Champions League goal and early form was brilliant, since then he hasn't done too much in all honesty. Worth a gamble, but I think he is some way off the media painted image.

Gary Hooper - good player, a goalscorer but not what I'd look for if we're promoted.

Robert Snodgrass - hugely under-rated winger and a player which, if I was manager, would look at signing.

Nathan Redmond - talented boy, would like to see him sign. I doubt he'll move, not for a promoted club anyway.

Mackay-Stevens - Isn't up to much, I get the feeling he is 'yesterdays' news in Dundee too. I would doubt his impact, especially in the Premier League.

Frazer Campbell - A steady striker, one that would be a realistic target if promoted - don't think he would suit our style though.

Ryan Gould - Unlikely, nicknamed the Scottish Messi, he has some big suitors knocking at his door.

Victor Moses - A player who, in my opinion, isn't good enough for the top four. However, he'd make a cracking signing for a team in our position.

Matt Smith - I have no doubts he would have his 'uses' but technical ability isn't to standard.

Ross McCormack - In form, He'd be expensive - more expensive than players who've proven themselves in the Premier League. Not worth the gamble.

Danny Gutherie - I really liked the look of him earlier in the season, I don't quite know where he'd fit in with our system. A similar style to Bryson.

Adam Le Fondre - I think he'd be good as an impact player, although, I have no doubts he is someone the fans could turn on if the team isn't doing well.

Johnny Williams - Definitely should look to sign him. I imagine Palace have plans for him though.

Lewis Grabban - the type of player I'd be wary of signing. I believe if he was to move on, he would struggle to have the same impact. He wouldn't fit our system either.

Leroy Fer - I don't know too much about him to be honest, Dutch international. Good record in Holland - I haven't seen him play.

Matty Etherington - Too old now. We should have signed him when we was in the Premier League - we was linked, I believe.

Brede Hangelaand - Very good player, consistent over the years. I'd love him at Derby, could be too expensive though. I'd take a look at his little protege, however, Dan Burn. He was excellent at Birmingham and followed on his good form into the Premier League. A domineering centre-defender.

I know quite a bit of the 'big Prem teams' reserves, I follow their progress quite a lot.

John Swift is an excellent player, better than Lewis Baker for me (the player who made his Chelsea debut vs us) - both are very good players with good futures though. Swift is a really exciting prospect.

Isaiah Brown, at Chelsea, is another top prospect. He made his Premier League debut whilst at West Brom - tipped for the very top. A player that was effecitvely stole due to legislation in place, I believe.

Kenneth Omerou, at MIddlesbrough, another Chelsea prospect. He has been HUGE to Middlesbrough in this latter part of the season. I believe he could be one of the best defenders in the league.

Thorgan Hazard, at Waregem, he did really well in the Europa League where I watched him. I don't know too much about him other than that. Other than he is a very highly-rated player.

In the Chelsea first-team, you have Piazon, Marin, Kalas and Ake - all of which, I would imagine, could become available.

I'd have Lingard from United. Zelalaem, Bellerin and Crowley from Arsenal. Ibe, Suso and Borini from Liverpool.

In fact, there is a lot of good young players that could become available to us if we went up. I honestly couldn't tell you who I'd sign from an experienced player point of view, if we are to get promoted. 

I'd love to sign three really good Premier League experienced players, such as Leon Osman, Michael Dawson, Robert Snodgrass and Brede Hangelaand - just to have that experience in the team.

This is all if we go up though, if we're down. I'd take 3/4 on loan - try and keep the ones we have here. And try and keep our players out of the hands of others. 

Having looked through, I thought I may analyse some of the names involved with just a few words for each..

Steve Sidwell - good player, very high-earner - unlikely. [/size]

Bryan Ruiz - Played under Steve, was probably the best performer in his time at Twente too - will be a high-earner. I think there would be interest in a reunion, but wages will be an issue.[/size]

Joel Campbell - Hit the headlines for his Champions League goal and early form was brilliant, since then he hasn't done too much in all honesty. Worth a gamble, but I think he is some way off the media painted image.[/size]

Gary Hooper - good player, a goalscorer but not what I'd look for if we're promoted. [/size]

Robert Snodgrass - hugely under-rated winger and a player which, if I was manager, would look at signing. [/size]

Nathan Redmond - talented boy, would like to see him sign. I doubt he'll move, not for a promoted club anyway.[/size]

Mackay-Stevens - Isn't up to much, I get the feeling he is 'yesterdays' news in Dundee too. I would doubt his impact, especially in the Premier League.[/size]

Frazer Campbell - A steady striker, one that would be a realistic target if promoted - don't think he would suit our style though. [/size]

Ryan Gould - Unlikely, nicknamed the Scottish Messi, he has some big suitors knocking at his door.[/size]

Victor Moses - A player who, in my opinion, isn't good enough for the top four. However, he'd make a cracking signing for a team in our position. [/size]

Matt Smith - I have no doubts he would have his 'uses' but technical ability isn't to standard. [/size]

Ross McCormack - In form, He'd be expensive - more expensive than players who've proven themselves in the Premier League. Not worth the gamble.[/size]

Danny Gutherie - I really liked the look of him earlier in the season, I don't quite know where he'd fit in with our system. A similar style to Bryson. [/size]

Adam Le Fondre - I think he'd be good as an impact player, although, I have no doubts he is someone the fans could turn on if the team isn't doing well.[/size]

Johnny Williams - Definitely should look to sign him. I imagine Palace have plans for him though.[/size]

Lewis Grabban - the type of player I'd be wary of signing. I believe if he was to move on, he would struggle to have the same impact. He wouldn't fit our system either.[/size]

Leroy Fer - I don't know too much about him to be honest, Dutch international. Good record in Holland - I haven't seen him play. [/size]

Matty Etherington - Too old now. We should have signed him when we was in the Premier League - we was linked, I believe.[/size]

Brede Hangelaand - Very good player, consistent over the years. I'd love him at Derby, could be too expensive though. I'd take a look at his little protege, however, Dan Burn. He was excellent at Birmingham and followed on his good form into the Premier League. A domineering centre-defender. [/size]

I know quite a bit of the 'big Prem teams' reserves, I follow their progress quite a lot. [/size]

John Swift is an excellent player, better than Lewis Baker for me (the player who made his Chelsea debut vs us) - both are very good players with good futures though. Swift is a really exciting prospect.

Isaiah Brown, at Chelsea, is another top prospect. He made his Premier League debut whilst at West Brom - tipped for the very top. A player that was effecitvely stole due to legislation in place, I believe.

Kenneth Omerou, at MIddlesbrough, another Chelsea prospect. He has been HUGE to Middlesbrough in this latter part of the season. I believe he could be one of the best defenders in the league.

Thorgan Hazard, at Waregem, he did really well in the Europa League where I watched him. I don't know too much about him other than that. Other than he is a very highly-rated player.

In the Chelsea first-team, you have Piazon, Marin, Kalas and Ake - all of which, I would imagine, could become available.

I'd have Lingard from United. Zelalaem, Bellerin and Crowley from Arsenal. Ibe, Suso and Borini from Liverpool.

In fact, there is a lot of good young players that could become available to us if we went up. I honestly couldn't tell you who I'd sign from an experienced player point of view, if we are to get promoted. 

I'd love to sign three really good Premier League experienced players, such as Leon Osman, Michael Dawson, Robert Snodgrass and Brede Hangelaand - just to have that experience in the team.

This is all if we go up though, if we're down. I'd take 3/4 on loan - try and keep the ones we have here. And try and keep our players out of the hands of others.

Are we having a major clear out then?

Archived