Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

We need someone who can take set pieces. Someone like Peter whittingham. Thats the reason we lost the final

We may need someone who can deliver from a set piece, but it was not the only reason we lost the final.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic comments from every single bloody transfer thread

"I still think we need a natural goalscorer"

"We need a 20 goal a season man"

"We could do with someone who's willing to take their man on and beat him"

"We need an old head at the back"

"He played in the PL 6 years ago, so he's got Premier League quality, definitely have him here"

*8 minute highlights reel that should really be 2 minutes long but there's 5 replays of each goal from multiple angles* 

"I like the look of this guy. Oh no, I've never seen him play, but I've used him on FIFA."

"We need a CB with real quality"

"He's not proven, I'd prefer someone like *insert 31 year old who's got relegated with Norwich*"

"Not good enough for Derby County"

"We still need another striker"

-Young RB to start

-Utility full-back that can cover both positions (wouldn't mind Freeman coming back for this)

-Cover CB that can push Buxton and Keogh

-George Thorne

-A striker in the same mold as Martin

-Bring Bennett back into the fold to replace Bamford

And, of course, sell the deadwood.

Anyone under the age of 20 from Dundee tbh. Surprised no ones snapped up any of their stars.

John Soutarr (CB), 17

I've seen Dundee's academy play myself and some of their young players are gold dust.

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/enews/site.asp?ID=743&view=1

Souttar is nowhere near good enough for the Championship yet. Stuart Armstrong, Ryan Gauld, Gary Mackay-Steven and Andrew Robertson are the ones who should be looked at. GMS is probably the only realistic one as he's the oldest of them all with a year left on his curren contract, although he's quite injury-prone. The rest will be PL bound.

Sign Thorne

Sign a RB

Sign a back up striker to replace Sammon

Sign full back cover

Extend Ward's contract

Keep Bryson + Hendrick

Hope Martin keeps his fitness over the summer break

If we can do all of the above and also keep hold of Hughes that would be a a lovely bonus  :wub:

Players Released from Premiership

Chu Young Park - St - Korean Striker, failed at Arsenal, didn't set world alight on loan at Watford 3/10

Nathan Delfouenso -  St - Released by Villa, looked ok at Blackpool, may Develop 3/10

Sam Hutchinson - Rb - On loan at Forest, did well, wages are high, probably better options 5/10

Milan Lalkovic - St/Am - Slovakian released by Chelsea, rated highly, 6/10

Daniel Gabbidon - Cb - Dependable and experience in the league 7/10

Dean Moxey - Lb - Ex-ram, matured at Palace, worth a chance? 6/10

Jonathan Parr - Lb - Good all rounder, versatile as well, best so far, 8/10

Kagish Dikgacoi - Cm - may bring something different to midfield, 6.5/10

Matthew Briggs - Lb - If Forsyth starts as LB, he is an able back up 6/10 

Matthew Etherington - Lw - A wildcard but has ability, and can change games 7/10

Scott Allan - Cm - Hasn't progressed at WBA, but has talent 5/10

Zoltan Gera - Cm/Am - aging but talented could bring experience 6/10

Steven Reid - Rb - Solid, dependable player, experience and talent 8/10

Liam Ridgewell - Lb/Cb - Experienced and good player, add something at the back 7.5/10

Jordan Spence - Rb/Cb - highly rated, surprised was released, good signing 8/10

Out of that lot i would take Reid and Etherington

Out of that lot i would take Reid and Etherington

Agreed. Still feel we are desperate to have an option to inject pace through the middle in games. As proved for about the 10th time on Saturday. Where would we of been with ings or vokes. Or even break the bank for macormack. If not then who? Jamie Vardy or Nugent? Surely Leicester will shift some players?

Agreed. Still feel we are desperate to have an option to inject pace through the middle in games. As proved for about the 10th time on Saturday. Where would we of been with ings or vokes. Or even break the bank for macormack. If not then who? Jamie Vardy or Nugent? Surely Leicester will shift some players?

theeeeeeeeo

Archived