Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think I'd cry if we signed that useless *****.

haha i actually for a strange reason saw wba twice last season he was pretty steady and that was once v citeh. Better days are prob behind him though!

I say we break the bank a little, if we really want a promotion push. We'll need some options other than loans, and from this season and our areas that need strengthening I think these options would be best:-

RB - Jordan Spence - Now a Free Agent, from West Ham

CB - Gavin Gunning - Contract expiring

CM - George Thorne - Sign him, he seems a Ram at heart!

or Jesse Lingard

LW - Kazenga LuaLua - Proved this season he can finish - not a high priority though!

ST - Leonardo Ulloa - I'd reply Ulloa over Martin, he's a proven goalscorer and doesn't hit the floor every minute!

Attacking is not the problem we score goals. We need a back up to Martin for when he gets injured and to keep him on his toes.

The main problem is right back and cover for centre back and left back. Don't need major changes unless we sell a major player.  

I say we break the bank a little, if we really want a promotion push. We'll need some options other than loans, and from this season and our areas that need strengthening I think these options would be best:-

RB - Jordan Spence - Now a Free Agent, from West Ham

CB - Gavin Gunning - Contract expiring

CM - George Thorne - Sign him, he seems a Ram at heart!

or Jesse Lingard

LW - Kazenga LuaLua - Proved this season he can finish - not a high priority though!

ST - Leonardo Ulloa - I'd reply Ulloa over Martin, he's a proven goalscorer and doesn't hit the floor every minute!

Did you watch our play off games against Brighton? He bloody does!!!!

Attacking is not the problem we score goals. We need a back up to Martin for when he gets injured and to keep him on his toes.

The main problem is right back and cover for centre back and left back. Don't need major changes unless we sell a major player.  

We could have had far more goals if we had a more clinical striker, the only reason Martin has hit twenties is because he's had 4 quality midfielders feeding him the ball. This time next season we'll be asking for a better striker, and Ulloa is the man. Granted Deeney maybe not. We aren't a poor club though and Spence and Gunning could potentially be free signings!

Ahhaa, true, but if you watch Martin game in game out, he's always going to ground when he shouldn't for a lad of that size!

He sets up as many as he scores. Yes another striker could have had 30, but you wouldn't have had Bryson in double figures.

He sets up as many as he scores. Yes another striker could have had 30, but you wouldn't have had Bryson in double figures.

Martin has created the 2nd most chances for other players behind McCormack! And has more assits than Ulloa, not to mention more goals and is younger. Ulloa is decent but Martin is better

We could have had far more goals if we had a more clinical striker, the only reason Martin has hit twenties is because he's had 4 quality midfielders feeding him the ball. This time next season we'll be asking for a better striker, and Ulloa is the man. Granted Deeney maybe not. We aren't a poor club though and Spence and Gunning could potentially be free signings!

Martin is one of two players in the league with a goal to shot ratio of 50% (read it somewhere) His a lone striker, we dont need him to just score goals, we need him to hold it up flick it on cause problems. He is just as important as Thorne is

i would take martin over ulloa anyday, from what i saw of ulloa, i cant really remember him having that much of an impact, the only thing was when he got behind us at home which grant saved just before half time, but i cant remember him being an effective lone striker that was able to hold up play and bring in their wingers into the game... plus, i dont think hes worth 6mil...

Shane Lowry anyone?

Linked with him a while back and out of contract now. Haven't seen much of him to be honest but think he takes a decent free kick. Still pretty young and with Naylor presumably leaving could challenge Forsyth.

Archived