Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed that Scott Sinclair is likely to leave the club before September 1st.

I know its probably a long shot but I would be very happy with signing him. 

He is just what we need.

winger, quick, beats a man, puts a good ball in, scores goals.

His career has stalled completely in the last 2 years and he needs to sort his life out a bit.

Man City would have to pay a massive chunk of his wages (which they will have to no matter where he goes you would think)

Chances of it happening are probably very small. But if there was any chance of it happening, id do it in a heartbeat.

Would he drop to the championship? Playing for a coach like McClaren could be a big draw. He could come here do well, we could go up and then maybe a permanent deal.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed that Scott Sinclair is likely to leave the club before September 1st.

I know its probably a long shot but I would be very happy with signing him. 

He is just what we need.

winger, quick, beats a man, puts a good ball in, scores goals.

His career has stalled completely in the last 2 years and he needs to sort his life out a bit.

Man City would have to pay a massive chunk of his wages (which they will have to no matter where he goes you would think)

Chances of it happening are probably very small. But if there was any chance of it happening, id do it in a heartbeat.

Would he drop to the championship? Playing for a coach like McClaren could be a big draw. He could come here do well, we could go up and then maybe a permanent deal.

I think he's got too much baggage. Helen Flanagan for a start.

We were linked with Sinclair before. And I agree, he'd be perfect. His wages would be huuuge - but if City pay a cut or he's willing to take a wage chop, it could work?

We need someone like Ward who can and is willing to beat their man but then follow it up with a good end product (Goal or Cross)

She [Helen Flanagan] can come to. No problem with that at all.

My understanding is that she'll only come for someone who Is very wealthy, prepared to buy her gifts (bags, jewellery, cars, etc.) and has some celebrity or athletic status. I can tell you now even your ITK status is not going to make that girl groan " more MackworthRam, more".

My understanding is that she'll only come for someone who Is very wealthy, prepared to buy her gifts (bags, jewellery, cars, etc.) and has some celebrity or athletic status. I can tell you now even your ITK status is not going to make that girl groan " more MackworthRam, more".

I cant have a response to this.

What I would like to say belongs on a whole different forum.

This is what I don't understand.

We are 3 games into the season. (4, if you include the Carlisle game.)

As a team, we haven't been scoring as consistently as we know we can. Including Carlisle... It's 2 for Hendrick, 1 for Martin and 2 for Ward.

Yet us Derby fans and the club have our eyes on a new winger. Dawkins... Yes inconsistent but he is a very tidy player on his day whatever anyone says. ( People have turned against him after 3 league games and no one considers the great performance from Dawkins vs Rangers ). Ward... Last season wasn't the best from him and he didn't score as many as we would have liked but... He is direct, relatively quick and is a clever player when he wants to be. The 2 goals he scored against Charlton ( although the 2nd was very lucky ) shows he does know where the net is and maybe this season he will chip in with a few more goals. Russell... He scored 20 goals for Dundee United and 9 goals in his first season for Derby after being plagued with horrible injuries and being played at Right Wing, not his real position ( Russell is a centre forward ). He hasn't got off to a great start this season but is believe last season was just a glimpse of his goal scoring ability. ( it was only a glimpse because of his bad luck ). Calero... I haven't seen him play yet ( I'm going tonight to watch him for the U21s vs Arsenal though ). From what I have heard, he's scored bags of goals for the U21s and has shone to be the best player on the field... Yet, he hasn't even got himself in the squad yet to prove to us what he can do! I think we are also forgetting that Martin hasn't got off to a good start either so why are we blaming the wingers?

My point is, I think we are wasting our time searching for another winger ( we also have loaned out Bennett by the way ) whilst we are looking more fragile at the back than ever before. In my opinion, we need another centre back to fight for a first team place and another back up left back to replace Lee Naylor, who I don't think is good enough to be a back up for us.

This is what I don't understand.

We are 3 games into the season. (4, if you include the Carlisle game.)

As a team, we haven't been scoring as consistently as we know we can. Including Carlisle... It's 2 for Hendrick, 1 for Martin and 2 for Ward.

Yet us Derby fans and the club have our eyes on a new winger. Dawkins... Yes inconsistent but he is a very tidy player on his day whatever anyone says. ( People have turned against him after 3 league games and no one considers the great performance from Dawkins vs Rangers ). Ward... Last season wasn't the best from him and he didn't score as many as we would have liked but... He is direct, relatively quick and is a clever player when he wants to be. The 2 goals he scored against Charlton ( although the 2nd was very lucky ) shows he does know where the net is and maybe this season he will chip in with a few more goals. Russell... He scored 20 goals for Dundee United and 9 goals in his first season for Derby after being plagued with horrible injuries and being played at Right Wing, not his real position ( Russell is a centre forward ). He hasn't got off to a great start this season but I believe last season we just saw a glimpse of his goal scoring ability. ( it was only a glimpse because of his bad luck ). Calero... I haven't seen him play yet ( I'm going tonight to watch him for the U21s vs Arsenal though ). From what I have heard, he's scored bags of goals for the U21s and has shone to be the best player on the field... Yet, he hasn't even got himself in the squad yet to prove to us what he can do! I think we are also forgetting that Martin hasn't got off to a good start either so why are we blaming the wingers?

My point is, I think we are wasting our time searching for another winger ( we also have loaned out Bennett by the way ) whilst we are looking more fragile at the back than ever before. In my opinion, we need another centre back to fight for a first team place and another back up left back to replace Lee Naylor, who I don't think is good enough to be a back up for us.

Archived