South Stand

TomBustler1884

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Problem is its officially called the 'Total Crane Hire' or something similar stand. The people paying to advertise it as that wont let it be renamed something else. Rubbish I know but I dont think the club will allow it. Obviously if the fans name it themselves and start to call it that it will catch on and theres nothing the club can do about it

The Gordon Guthrie stand (SW corner) is sponsored by 3AAA. I'm sure they won't mind too much...

The Gordon Guthrie stand (SW corner) is sponsored by 3AAA. I'm sure they won't mind too much...

I think they had to agree to it though, shows it doesnt work as I had no idea it was sponsored by 3AAA (is that a type of batterey?!?). Seeing as though they've sold off the whole stadium name they should give us back a stand.

How about 'The Jake Buxton Wall'??

I'm one of the lot that help arrange for the south stand to be ours, chatting to sr and jv at various times with ideas and thoughts,

Someone early put u have to be in a clique to start a song... Not at all, if you start a song and us at the back hear it 9 times out of 10 we join in...

I don't personally join in if a song is being sang at 100mph why do we rush singing???

The ultras theme imo isn't for us, we have a few flags on poles that we bought but people moaned about them... (Though I may dig out the white south stand rams flag and take it along with the black one for the semi at home... ) and the fans we have in the ss aren't really ultra type of folk.. Yes I think a lot went over for cheaper seats with a little atmosphere, IMO we aren't brutal enough in our songs, we are to nicey nice, if that makes sense.. Dale cavese and since I was young are ok, but we need to sing older n more daunting songs also... The f**k off Gunter does my head in as he's not there, and tbh the shaved headed lads singing to the opposition .. In the shadow of.. *insert team* really need to do geography lessons... I mean.. Stick your Watford gap up your arris... To the Watford fans... Hmmm...

But there isn't a click, but a lot of young fools in there.

And call me sexist, but in the block where the drum is, there are a lot of women/girls that would rather take selfies on the mobiles during the game than get up and sing!

Yeah I think my earlier comment may have come across abit ott, you don't have to be part of the clique to start a chant etc, I mean more that there seems to be a few different groups (the ones near the south east corner, ones with the drum and the bald ones up in the corner to name a few) and they seem deliberately reluctant to join in with each other's chants and so it breaks down abit as people get shouted down fairly often.

I agree that a number of the chants such as taxi for .... are abit stupid, but who cares, we're all there to have fun so it does annoy me when everyone starts shouting at them to shut up. If they want to sing that and start on away fans etc, let them, it doesn't hurt me or anyone else, just creates abit of a stale atmosphere when a slagging match between different groups kicks off.

Here's one for us to discuss....

IF WE WERE TO RENAME THE SOUTH STAND

Like the "kop" stretford end, trent end and so forth what would we prefer..

I quite like "the wall" to be honest..

The wall of noise, maybe we could round it down to 5 and I could see if we can get the club to send a vote around on twitter and fb and poss change it..

Southstand is a boring name

'The Wall' - or just 'Buxton'

Archived