South Stand

TomBustler1884

So the club have said there's only 400 seats left in the whole stand for next year, which will guarantee a sellout for every home game.

I know the South Stand has been billed as a vocal noisy area for those fans wanting to make some noise and that the lads with the drum tend to lead all fo the singing, but what do people think of trying to make this a bit of an "Ultras" area?

I know we're English and it doesn't tend to be too organised at games but scenes like those in Poland/Italy/Germany are amazing.

How easy would it be to make sure people only wore black or white/brought a scarf/learned the chants? I'd love to see the iPro looking like these (but for the Rams obviously)

hqdefault

antlers

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in the south stand this year and it has been very good, wouldn't mind a big show for game vs forest (in the cup obviously). But I'm not up for being told what to do/wear on a regular basis.

For me the only thing I dislike about it is that it seems only certain people are allowed to start chants and whatever, and having someone organising it will just perpetuate this issue. It's supposed to be abit of fun and has been a great way of stirring up an atmosphere but it does all seem slightly clique based.

I don't like this Ultra's fad too much to be honest, It looks good but It'd look like a bad episode of glee if we did it. 

I'm all for more flags and black and white colours. Much like the Kop at Anfield, although obviously theirs is red. 

I just hope it's full of 'like-minded' people and not some grabbing the cheap seats. It's been good this season, but only 500 or so regularly sing. 

I'm one of the lot that help arrange for the south stand to be ours, chatting to sr and jv at various times with ideas and thoughts,

Someone early put u have to be in a clique to start a song... Not at all, if you start a song and us at the back hear it 9 times out of 10 we join in...

I don't personally join in if a song is being sang at 100mph why do we rush singing???

The ultras theme imo isn't for us, we have a few flags on poles that we bought but people moaned about them... (Though I may dig out the white south stand rams flag and take it along with the black one for the semi at home... ) and the fans we have in the ss aren't really ultra type of folk.. Yes I think a lot went over for cheaper seats with a little atmosphere, IMO we aren't brutal enough in our songs, we are to nicey nice, if that makes sense.. Dale cavese and since I was young are ok, but we need to sing older n more daunting songs also... The f**k off Gunter does my head in as he's not there, and tbh the shaved headed lads singing to the opposition .. In the shadow of.. *insert team* really need to do geography lessons... I mean.. Stick your Watford gap up your arris... To the Watford fans... Hmmm...

But there isn't a click, but a lot of young fools in there.

And call me sexist, but in the block where the drum is, there are a lot of women/girls that would rather take selfies on the mobiles during the game than get up and sing!

South stands the best. And if you want to start a song or chant, you just shout up and everybody that hears joins in, which is heard by more and they join in...

And the mobile thing, there's a lad who sits next to me whos on his phone most of the match. He minds his own business looking at footie feeds on Sky sports but he does my head in. Ya've paid to watch the game haven't you love?.

Anyway. The 400 ticket thing in OP - I thought that was how many are left in SS, not the whole stadium?

Is that 500 season ticket spots or 500 completely from being sold out, i'd have thought they need a certain quota for match by match sales, anybody know ?

Also, if it's going to be packed do we really need the drum, it's a bit tinpot at the best of times. 

I'm one of the lot that help arrange for the south stand to be ours, chatting to sr and jv at various times with ideas and thoughts,

Someone early put u have to be in a clique to start a song... Not at all, if you start a song and us at the back hear it 9 times out of 10 we join in...

I don't personally join in if a song is being sang at 100mph why do we rush singing???

The ultras theme imo isn't for us, we have a few flags on poles that we bought but people moaned about them... (Though I may dig out the white south stand rams flag and take it along with the black one for the semi at home... ) and the fans we have in the ss aren't really ultra type of folk.. Yes I think a lot went over for cheaper seats with a little atmosphere, IMO we aren't brutal enough in our songs, we are to nicey nice, if that makes sense.. Dale cavese and since I was young are ok, but we need to sing older n more daunting songs also... The f**k off Gunter does my head in as he's not there, and tbh the shaved headed lads singing to the opposition .. In the shadow of.. *insert team* really need to do geography lessons... I mean.. Stick your Watford gap up your arris... To the Watford fans... Hmmm...

And call me sexist, but in the block where the drum is, there are a lot of women/girls that would rather take selfies on the mobiles during the game than get up and sing!

Good post mate... Some of the songs do make me gringe.. My personal favs are when the opposition start a song we join in.. Why not start our own.

Dale Cavese sung at double time... No chance of changing that now by the way..

Small town in ********. wtf.

Yep 'shadow of the *****'' does sound naff.

Other teams anthems and NOT changing the words.. I'm forever blowing bubbles followed by United, United!!! Grrrr. Slaps should be dished out for that one.

Nick does a good job and I really hope the South Stand works.. We still need some singers in the east stand though, especially by the away supporters to create a more hostile environment.

Bring back some of the old songs.... 

I think it'd be great to have a wall of sound, unfortunately there'll be too many families and miserable sods in there grasping the lower prices and moaning if people stand up, dunno why they don't sit in the north stand, jeez

Feck off. Don't send us your crap.  :p

Is that 500 season ticket spots or 500 completely from being sold out, i'd have thought they need a certain quota for match by match sales, anybody know ?

Also, if it's going to be packed do we really need the drum, it's a bit tinpot at the best of times. 

I don't think you need to reserve any tickets of a certain type for match-by-match sales except for disabled tickets. There may be an overall limit as far as season tickets are concerned (say 75% of capacity) but I don't think that needs to be adhered to on a stand-by-stand basis.

I could be wrong though, and often am. 

Bris tells me so all the time.

Totally agree with this!

I don't think I made my exclamation marks around Ultras big enough! I agree that a manufactured ultras group would be awful, however I do really like the banners and jumping that make the whole stand look like waves.

The club have been very clear about the South Stand is intended to be a stand for creating atmosphere so I will be gutted if it is half full of people who have gone for cheaper seats and don't make a noise. I get the impression that the whole stand will be sold out so there is no excuse for not making noise and getting behind the team.

If we can get the atmosphere in there like it was against Forest then my season ticket will be the best investment I've made in ages. Can't wait for playoffs.

Here's one for us to discuss....

IF WE WERE TO RENAME THE SOUTH STAND

Like the "kop" stretford end, trent end and so forth what would we prefer..

I quite like "the wall" to be honest..

The wall of noise, maybe we could round it down to 5 and I could see if we can get the club to send a vote around on twitter and fb and poss change it..

Southstand is a boring name

Here's one for us to discuss....

IF WE WERE TO RENAME THE SOUTH STAND

Like the "kop" stretford end, trent end and so forth what would we prefer..

I quite like "the wall" to be honest..

The wall of noise, maybe we could round it down to 5 and I could see if we can get the club to send a vote around on twitter and fb and poss change it..

Southstand is a boring name

The Problem is its officially called the 'Total Crane Hire' or something similar stand. The people paying to advertise it as that wont let it be renamed something else. Rubbish I know but I dont think the club will allow it. Obviously if the fans name it themselves and start to call it that it will catch on and theres nothing the club can do about it

Archived