South Stand

TomBustler1884

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing a photo of the south stand v forest and was surprised to see the amount of people not wearing black or white. Since then I've decided to only wear black or white to games (not replica shirts though!), whilst not a massive fan of the type of organised displays seen abroad and at (palace) I don't think it would be too difficult for everyone to make an effort to wear team colours, put down their iPads and support the team. I also hope that as the name suggests the entire "south stand" for the play offs and beyond as I think that really helps the atmosphere. I'd love to see the south stand full of people an hour or so before the game creating an atmosphere not having one manufactured by goal music etc. I love the flags and drum etc but think we need to create our own identity unique to dcfc and not blatantly copied from elsewhere. Contradicting myself slightly now but I love the ticker tape that is seen in South America (Argentina 1978). I think that would look amazing at pride park but we'd probably be all on banning orders for littering.

I once went to watch Bayern Munich at home and the standing area behind the goal made a hell of a lot of noise. It appeared to be very well orchestrated and was maintained throughout the whole game.

It probably took them years to get it right but I have to say they really pulled it off and it was mightily impressive.

To do it properly would require a concerted, organised effort by everyone in the stand - something that is natural to the Germans.

Obviously the team needs to inspire the fans and vice versa. Anything is worth trying to improve the atmosphere further - I'm all for that.

BBG Stand

The Asylum

Baseball End

Our End

The Beautiful South Stand

Super Ram Stand

The D.C.F.C Wall Stand

1884 Stand

1884 End

1884 Section

Our Stand

Hector End

Derbyshire Stand

East Midland South Stand

The Flag End

How about section 1884?

I sing and just around with my DCFC scarf as much as i can at my age as im right at the back next to the Drummer lad 

You're next to me you plank and keep shouting down my ear, How was the chilli sauce by the way?

Yeah I think my earlier comment may have come across abit ott, you don't have to be part of the clique to start a chant etc, I mean more that there seems to be a few different groups (the ones near the south east corner, ones with the drum and the bald ones up in the corner to name a few) and they seem deliberately reluctant to join in with each other's chants and so it breaks down abit as people get shouted down fairly often.

I agree that a number of the chants such as taxi for .... are abit stupid, but who cares, we're all there to have fun so it does annoy me when everyone starts shouting at them to shut up. If they want to sing that and start on away fans etc, let them, it doesn't hurt me or anyone else, just creates abit of a stale atmosphere when a slagging match between different groups kicks off.

I've got a funny feeling that you are on about me and my mates here if you mean the top corner by the segregation netting.

We do join in with other chants and try to get songs going. But we also tend to have a bit of fun with the away fans and try to wind them up.

We also have a bit of fun with some of our fans at the back that moan when people get the words to songs wrong and we do wind them up a bit.

Who's the guy who always shouts at the players and away fans, by himself? He's right in the middle of SS. Some of the things he says are funny. Some are a bit cringey.

No offence....but some are, like he's shouting stuff almost for the sake of it.

Looking at it from the traditional way of naming stands, either after roads that run close by, Gwladys Street, Osmaston Road for example or areas of a city or town immediately behind that end like, Stretford End, Boothen End, West Bridgeford, etc then the only one that really fits would be The Alvaston End.

You'll never take the Alvo!

We could give it a full name, say, The Alvaston Rams Supporters End.......The Arse End has a nice ring to it..... :lol:

Archived