the road to wembley

B4ev6is

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wembley is a home turf for Wigan now so not them. First Brighton then Reading in the final.

Perfect scenario - but if it's Wigan in the semi-finals then bring it on. I just don't care who our opponents are - in fact, regarding this Derby team, I don't have a care in the world and I'm certainly not worried about opponents who think that they are better than us, think they are better than this division and think they have a divine right to be in the Premier League.

If we go up via the playoffs, fantastic. If it goes wrong - well, this has been a fantastic season, and next season we get to do it all over again.

Ideal scenario: 

Bring any of them on. I am confident we can score more goals than any of them. Over 2 legs or 1.

We have Chris Martin and Craig Bryson. We have Jeff Hendrick and George Thorne. We haver Lee Grant. We have Will Hughes. We have Bruce Forsyth and Franz Buckenbauer.

Nobody wants to play us. Believe me.

Perfect scenario - but if it's Wigan in the semi-finals then bring it on. I just don't care who our opponents are - in fact, regarding this Derby team, I don't have a care in the world and I'm certainly not worried about opponents who think that they are better than us, think they are better than this division and think they have a divine right to be in the Premier League.

If we go up via the playoffs, fantastic. If it goes wrong - well, this has been a fantastic season, and next season we get to do it all over again.

Amen brother. We share the same faith

We shouldn't fear anyone! We've been the most consistent team in the play offs that's why we are third and about 15 points ahead of 7th or whatever! Even that **** Steve claridge said we have been!!!

Wigan have a good cup record this last 2 years, FA cup winners last year, semi-finalists this year (including an away win at Man City), plus some European ties, not to mention recent Premier league experience.

Given that the play-off final is essentially a one-match knockout, I'd prefer to avoid Wigan at Wembley (assuming that we get there).

I didn't realise until just now that Blackpool did the double over Wigan. Now there's a stat.

would much much rather have wigan in the playoff semis than in the actual final, the fact is wigan will be playing near enough their 60th game this season, and they should be shattered, we take the semis just straight after the last game so there will be no time to recover, whereas there is about 2 weeks or so between the semis and the final, plenty of time for the wigan players to rest and get back to the fitness peak, take em out while their tired, plus they will be used to that wembley pitch more than any other team

I get the feeling Wigan may have peaked too soon. Remember they've played a lot of games too with their FA cup run and Europa league games. An extra few play off games too might be too much?

I personally don't like the fact we've not beaten Reading this season so on that basis don't fancy playing them.

Play offs should be sponsored by the National Lottery.

Could we have a poll regarding being pro or anti play-offs?[/quote

It's simple finish 4th-6th playoffs are great, finish 3rd and they're a travesty!

Archived