Play off's starting 11

niram

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a nice problem this is. We don't seem to have any weak link in the team and we have players who are going to be gutted that they are not in the team because they have all been brilliant. 

nice to see no embarrassing footballers ^_^ not pointing any fingers  

Team picks itself there is no debate.

Back 5 the same

St George in front

Bryson is Bryson so first name in midfield.

Hendrick has been quality recently he has to play

Jamie Ward is a big game player and it's a big game.

Chris Martin or Sammon hmmmm not sure

Since his injury Russell is in good scoring form don't change it.

Also won 4 in a row the old adage don't chnage a winning formula.

Pretty pleasing that we aren't beomoaning  the board for lack of funds to buy proper players, when you look at what we've done with so little, Forsyth, grant, bucko and Martin all for free, Hendricks and Hughes and Bennett (snapping in the first team heels) all for free from out own acadamy, Bryson, Russell and Dawkins cost pennies and only one 1million pound player in our team (if you exclude the fish). And what a bench we have! Less is more :) take a hint forest

Same team as long as no-one flops against Leeds.

I don't rate Dawkins tbh, very predictable when on the ball and often loses the ball too easily. He's only been effective against weaker teams i.e. Yeovil.

Ward on the other hand has impressed me as of late, seems to put in a really good shift now i.e. looks to challenge to win the ball back instead of moaning to the referee. His corners were miles better today as well.

Combined with Russell, two great, hard working wingers with a bit of flair as well, perfect for the play-offs in my opinion.

Same team as long as no-one flops against Leeds.

I don't rate Dawkins tbh, very predictable when on the ball and often loses the ball too easily. He's only been effective against weaker teams i.e. Yeovil.

Ward on the other hand has impressed me as of late, seems to put in a really good shift now i.e. looks to challenge to win the ball back instead of moaning to the referee. His corners were miles better today as well.

Combined with Russell, two great, hard working wingers with a bit of flair as well, perfect for the play-offs in my opinion.

Dawkins, for me, is our most skilful player who can play that role... The ball sticks to him and he's so strong, he just ghosts past players like they're not there.

Don't know how this many people don't rate Dawkins. He needs investigating for using glue on his boots. Never miscontrols anything. It's remarkable.

I dont not rate him, its just that i would rather play Russell as he has a real goal threat, which is the most important thing in a one off game.

For me, it was a toss up between Ward and Dawkins, I feel that ward would definitiely be fired up for the playoffs and will cause alot of problems. On his day Ward is a really dangerous player and assuming that he would be up for it, he just has that extra gear and passion which i am yet to see from Dawkins (although Dawkins is probably better on a week in week out basis). Also, i think possibly Dawkins provides abit more impact off the bench than Ward would.

But it is a close call.

Dawkins was the one who saw that Hendrick was in space and passed him the ball.Thought he played Martin in as well.

If anyone but Hendrick gets major credit for his second goal it will just highlight the irrelevance of the term 'assist' for me.

As for Martins goal Bryson and Dawkins are easily confused One of us is off to the opticians on Monday!!!

As long as we have our former England manager with his proven track record and brilliant judgement in charge of our team I am happy to leave these choices to him. If summat ent bost dunna yo mess wiyit! :cool:

Stevie Mac will be buzzing to get back on that Wembley turf on a nice rainy day!

Archived