Play off's starting 11

niram

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawkins, for me, is our most skilful player who can play that role... The ball sticks to him and he's so strong, he just ghosts past players like they're not there.

That's not what I saw yesterday. I thought Ward was far more effective at beating men either running down the line or cutting inside.

The problem with Dawkins is that he never seems to sprint, he'll dwindle on the ball when he first receives it, limiting his options. Also, yesterday, he seemed to try and cut inside every time, often running straight into trouble and being dispossessed.

Yes he beat players on a couple of occasions yesterday but he also gave the ball away needlessly in attacking areas.

Another point about Dawkins is that he neglects his defensive responsibilities. It's rare to see Dawkins back-track to help Forsyth defensively and when he does, he doesn't seem to want to win the ball back.

Ward has to start over Dawkins for me.

Problem is, at the minute, Dawkins isn't fully fit.

Showed at Doncaster, while he still has his touch, he has not quite got his pace back. Repeat for the game yesterday. Giving him the majority of the game against Leeds will help (something I can only guess that Mac has considered).

Still, the adage holds - don't change a winning team.

That's not what I saw yesterday. I thought Ward was far more effective at beating men either running down the line or cutting inside.

The problem with Dawkins is that he never seems to sprint, he'll dwindle on the ball when he first receives it, limiting his options. Also, yesterday, he seemed to try and cut inside every time, often running straight into trouble and being dispossessed.

Yes he beat players on a couple of occasions yesterday but he also gave the ball away needlessly in attacking areas.

Another point about Dawkins is that he neglects his defensive responsibilities. It's rare to see Dawkins back-track to help Forsyth defensively and when he does, he doesn't seem to want to win the ball back.

Ward barely beat his man yesterday and certainly made Nyatanga look incredible at left back last week. He's lost confidence.

Ward barely beat his man yesterday and certainly made Nyatanga look incredible at left back last week. He's lost confidence.

I agree but I think he's getting it back now. What worries me most about Dawkins is his end product. He can't shoot for toffee and he never tends to cross because he always cuts inside. Ward's end product yesterday was, on the most part good. He should have scored that 1 on 1 but apart from that his crossing and shooting was generally good. Also, his corners were drastically better yesterday than what we've seen in recent weeks.

At the minute.........

----------------------------------Grant

Wisdom------------Keogh-------------Buxton----------Forsyth

---------------------------------Thorne

------------Hendrick----------------------------Bryson

Ward--------------------------Martin----------------------Russell

Lehgo - Whitbread - Eustace - Hughes - Dawkins - Bamford - Sammon

Dawkins, for me, is our most skilful player who can play that role... The ball sticks to him and he's so strong, he just ghosts past players like they're not there.

But for me so often he takes on one or two and then loses it when trying to take on the third. Cannot shoot nor cross a ball, and when he does lose it, it's everyone else's job to track back.

Russell and Ward for me by a long way.

Hendrick has to start. Thorne has played more through balls than Hughes has all season.

But for me so often he takes on one or two and then loses it when trying to take on the third. Cannot shoot nor cross a ball, and when he does lose it, it's everyone else's job to track back.

Russell and Ward for me by a long way.

Hendrick has to start. Thorne has played more through balls than Hughes has all season.

When fully fit I think Dawkins provides an adequate support to the defence, I feel like a lot of people are forgetting just how good he was when he first came here once he settled into the team! He was on our own touchline helping the defence play our way out of trouble rather than hoofing it numerous occasions yesterday too!

If all forwards are fit my three are Dawkins Martin and Ward, opinions though are like ********* and everyone has one so I respect that in your opinion he doesn't have a final product but in my opinion it's only his shooting from outside the area which disappoints but you have to remember Hendrick ballooned/shanked about 4 from outside the area before he scored his great second goal...

Don't think Dawkins is fit yet but if he can prove otherwise in the Leeds game then he should start.

At the moment Bamford and Russell are scoring goals and Ward and Dawkins haven't scored since January.

If you take out Hendrick, Bamford and Russell thats a lot of our recent goals.

When fully fit I think Dawkins provides an adequate support to the defence, I feel like a lot of people are forgetting just how good he was when he first came here once he settled into the team! He was on our own touchline helping the defence play our way out of trouble rather than hoofing it numerous occasions yesterday too!

If all forwards are fit my three are Dawkins Martin and Ward, opinions though are like ********* and everyone has one so I respect that in your opinion he doesn't have a final product but in my opinion it's only his shooting from outside the area which disappoints but you have to remember Hendrick ballooned/shanked about 4 from outside the area before he scored his great second goal...

The amount of times that I have seen him run into the box with the crowd has been screaming to shoot and he has just faffed around with it until a defender puts a challenge in or he attempts to pass it, often unsuccessfully. Ward used to be the opposite, shooting when he should have passed but on recent performances, he doesn't seem to do that anymore.

I can't remember Dawkins putting a good performance in against any top sides (bar QPR away where he scored).

The amount of times that I have seen him run into the box with the crowd has been screaming to shoot and he has just faffed around with it until a defender puts a challenge in or he attempts to pass it, often unsuccessfully. Ward used to be the opposite, shooting when he should have passed but on recent performances, he doesn't seem to do that anymore.

I can't remember Dawkins putting a good performance in against any top sides (bar QPR away where he scored).

We'll agree to disagree then! A player shouldn't shoot because the crowd wants him to, he should shoot because he is confident of beating the keeper...

Certainly the side that started Saturday and played the "beautiful game"  but hopefully Thorne and Wisdom get injured, Eustace and Hughes are worked into the side and we can truly say Nigel's side coasted into the Prem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wigan away. Utterly brilliant that day.

Certainly the side that started Saturday and played the "beautiful game"  but hopefully Thorne and Wisdom get injured, Eustace and Hughes are worked into the side and we can truly say Nigel's side coasted into the Prem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trollolololol

who would you play in the semi's/final? For me...

grant wisdom keogh bucko forsyth

thornehendrick bryson

dawkins ward

martin

spot on. Harsh on russell and Hughes but two great subs

it's ironic that Hughes got in the league team but can't getin our team

Archived