Do we want the Red dogs to make the play off's?

twinkletoes

We wouldn't want to meet them because simply put, it's an unneeded distraction on what is going to be a hard 2 games to start with. Regardless of who it is, you never know what the playoffs will do to a side, and losing the semis to Forest would be worse than anything else. Whilst I'm confident we'd win, you just never know, and having the mind set of "we've beaten them" in the case we do win mightn't be beneficial when the truly big game is coming after those two.

Basically, no.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We wouldn't want to meet them because simply put, it's an unneeded distraction on what is going to be a hard 2 games to start with. Regardless of who it is, you never know what the playoffs will do to a side, and losing the semis to Forest would be worse than anything else. Whilst I'm confident we'd win, you just never know, and having the mind set of "we've beaten them" in the case we do win mightn't be beneficial when the truly big game is coming after those two.

Basically, no.

They would also go out of their way to 'do a number' on a few of our players - assuming they could get near them, of course.

Make no mistake they are just as scared of losing to us .Having said that the pleasure [or pain] whatever the outcome might be I don't think I could stand it .But we should not fear anybody we ARE the best team in the play off positions [currently ] the table doesn't lie.

Personally I'd get more satisfaction out of them missing the play offs on goal difference, a close but no cigar situation.

After all their bragging and pundits predicting them to walk this league, not even making the play offs would please me no end.  :)

Where they end up is outside our control so…

If it happens I’d love it. Then again, it would be two hard fought games in close succession with lots of extra edge, aggro and mindless stupidity that could cripple us going into the final. So I hope for that reason it doesn't happen. But if it happens I’d love it.

#conflicted

PistoldPete2

My head says yes, but my heart says no. I mean the play offs are stressful enough without the added stress of it being against Forest. My heart would pack up I think.

No way! The most satisfying conclusion would be for Forest to miss out on the playoffs by a point or better still, goal difference. For them to then realise that if in their long winless streak they had turned just one of those defeats into a draw would have grabbed them 6th place just worsens the pain.

No way! The most satisfying conclusion would be for Forest to miss out on the playoffs by a point or better still, goal difference. For them to then realise that if in their long winless streak they had turned just one of those defeats into a draw would have grabbed them 6th place just worsens the pain.

Goal difference would be fantastic - then they can look back upon Billy's final hours, the pathetic way they capitulated, count to five - and wonder 'what if….'

Or if they'd have just lost by only 4 instead of 5. Mwahahahahaha. That would be hilarious if the y missed out by goal difference.

Archived