Leicester fans walking out last night.

needles

Just seen the goals from last night on EMT, at 3-0 there were no end streaming out of the ground.

They've just won promotion - just don't understand it. Wouldn't happen at Derby, or to be fair at florist I suspect. Poor show from the lestah fans.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they are a tinpot nothing club?

Should have seen them on twitter after they won promotion. 'Are you watching Nottingham', 'mind the gap NFFC'.

Might aswell have Burnley or Ipswich rubbing it while we're at it? Mean nothing to us. Even more painful given most of the Forest fans were saying congratulations and well done..

I live in Leicestershire, but I'd never say congratulations or well done, except perhaps to my Leicester born wife, and then only through gritted teeth.

Not that I'm jealous or anything.....

They've always been fickle at Leicester.

In general I dislike fans who walk out early no matter what the score is. There seems a sizable contingent who do it every week at the City Ground.

I know traffic is a pain and some people do not like walking in crowds but surely staying to the end to applaud the team off the pitch is more important as well as the possibility of missing goals.

Plenty of people had left before we scored our late equaliser on Tuesday and plenty were streaming out when we were pushing hard for a winner in stoppage time. Do the same people walk out early when going to the cinema or theatre? Probably not so why do it at a football match.

PistoldPete2

In general I dislike fans who walk out early no matter what the score is. There seems a sizable contingent who do it every week at the City Ground.

I know traffic is a pain and some people do not like walking in crowds but surely staying to the end to applaud the team off the pitch is more important as well as the possibility of missing goals.

Plenty of people had left before we scored our late equaliser on Tuesday and plenty were streaming out when we were pushing hard for a winner in stoppage time. Do the same people walk out early when going to the cinema or theatre? Probably not so why do it at a football match.

Well I did it many times during our 11 point wonder season. There are times when its just too painful to watch. As a general rule tho, I stay to the end, you never know what might happen.

It can be a recipe for didaster. Ibrox 1971, from Wikipedia

"The disaster occurred on Saturday, 2 January 1971, when 66 people were killed in a crush, as supporters tried to leave the stadium. The match was an Old Firm game (Rangers v Celtic) and was attended by over 80,000 fans. In the 90th minute, Celtic took a 1–0 lead and some Rangers supporters started to leave the stadium. However, in the final moments of the match, Colin Stein scored an equaliser for Rangers.[5]

As thousands of spectators were leaving the ground by stairway 13, it appears that someone, possibly a child being carried on his father's shoulders, fell, causing a massive chain-reaction pile-up of people.[6]

The tragic loss included many children – five of them schoolmates from the town of Markinch in Fife. Most of the deaths were caused by compressive asphyxia, with bodies being stacked up to six feet deep in the area. Over 200 other fans were injured.

Initially there was speculation that some fans left the ground slightly early when Celtic scored, but then turned back when they heard the crowd cheering when Stein scored the equaliser, colliding with fans leaving the ground when the match ended.[7] The official inquiry into the disaster indicated that there was no truth in this hypothesis, however, as all the spectators were heading in the same direction at the time of the collapse.[7] In his autobiography, Alex Ferguson wrote that his brother, Martin, had attended the game against his parents' wishes and – since he returned home late – he was initially feared, by his family, to have been caught up in the disaster."

I was working with a couple of Scots at the time. One of them bragged 'we're hard in Scotland, we can bend metal' refering to the twisted barriers as a result of the crush. Total cvnt.

ID

I know what you mean about leaving early but having just worked on some stats I would say;

STAY TIL THE END @; 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1,1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 2-3, 3-3, 4-3, 3-4, 4-4, 5-4, 4-5, 5-5 home or away.

However, I have just worked out;

LEAVE EARLY @ (85 mins); 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6.... for home games.

STAY TIL THE END @; Any score for away games.

Hope this helps guys.

Archived