2nd is back on !!!!!???

jimbobram

Yeah I'm just disappointed we cocked up against Brum, Boro, Bournemouth & Millwall.

It pisses me off that having our best 4 players out at the same time too, pretty miffed about Vokes and Ings both being injured at the same time which cost us the title and 3 points against Leicester, 2 points against Watford too and Vokes being out today cost us all 3 points.

Huh? What has that got to do with us? You've had no injuries all season, you were always going to get a few. As for the title, that would have never materialised, Leicester by far the best team in this league.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is different mate, I think we all think it's a matter of time deep down, but we're not counting our chickens just yet.

Although having looked at your run in I don't think you will win them all, I doubt you will win 3 never mind 4 so we should be okay with 1 win, also we have the better goal difference which accumulates to an extra point.

Like I said above I'd be a bit more concerned had we of played poorly today, we were unreal 71% of the ball, 14 corners and 27 shots at goal is some going.. if we play like that for the remaining games, we will win them all.. if you look at our record against the better teams in the league, you will see why we're up there, so Wigan, Ipswich and Reading won't concern us at all... easily 1 win there, plus we should beat Blackpool.

It's obviously highly unlikely we'll finish 2nd. However...

We have 4 less goal difference than you. If we win all 4 and you manage 4 points, we'll probably have the better goal difference. You need 5 points to be certain.

You've played well and lost today. It could be a good thing as you are going about things in the right way. But maybe things are going against you. And if you can't win when playing well, what chance if you play poorly. These are the demons at play.

After Doncaster, our three final matches are against teams with nowt much to play for as Barnsley could well be doomed. We've only struggled at home this seaon vs teams working hard defensively and hitting us on the break. Hard to see Barnsley or Watford giving enough of a toss to stop us. And did you know we beat Leeds everytime we play them, even when they are not in total disarray.

Your fixtures are very different. After Blackpool, 3 hard games vs playoff challengers. All 3 could be crucial games for the opposition.

This makes Friday's fixtures all important. Surely you are gonna beat Blackpool right? You'll almost be there if you do, home and dry. Just don't think about what happens if you lose. A win and 1 or 2 draws against 3 playoff chasing sides suddenly sounds tricky. Just try not to think about that. Blackpool are running out of games and know they need to win a game now.

It's good for you that we play after you on Friday. If you were playing after we got the 3 points, that would really crank up the pressure. I don't think it will affect us too much as we'll be well up for it if you do drop points, still with a lack of pressure of being the underdog.

It's all in your hands, on a plate for you. Just sometimes as you get really close, you suddenly end up miles away.

Huh? What has that got to do with us? You've had no injuries all season, you were always going to get a few. As for the title, that would have never materialised, Leicester by far the best team in this league.

We have had injuries? Marney has missed around 9 games. 

Vokes out for the season so will miss 8 games all together.

Ings had a spell out around Christmas and has missed 5 of the past 7 games.

Trippier missed 5 of the past 6 games.

So yes we have had injuries..... (btw that is our 4 most influential players, including our main 2 strikers who have nearly 50 goals between them, and also Trippier who has the most assists in the league)

Btw, when we played Leicester at home we were 3 points behind, and unbeaten at home in over a year... we missed all 4 of the players above, and struggled and ended up getting beat, Leicester were poor created nothing and it would of been a different game had all our players been fit (Nigel Pearson said the same)

Anyway enough of the excuses, it's all shoulda coulda woulda and means nothing.

So yes we have had injuries..... (btw that is our 4 most influential players, including our main 2 strikers who have nearly 50 goals between them, and also Trippier who has the most assists in the league)

Btw, when we played Leicester at home we were 3 points behind, and unbeaten at home in over a year... we missed all 4 of the players above, and struggled and ended up getting beat, Leicester were poor created nothing and it would of been a different game had all our players been fit (Nigel Pearson said the same)

At some point we were around ten points behind. We were always relying on you having some sort if wobble, be that bottling it, or luck catching up with you, whatever. And, lo and behold you did. But we were also relying on ourselves to not have a wobble. What's frustrating is, had we not let points slip away thatcher really shouldn't have, to the likes if Ipswich, Birmingham and Doncaster, we'd either be ahead of you, or just a point or two behind.

We got all we asked for, in terms of you dropping a few points. But it's frustrating that we didn't hold up our end if the bargain.

But que sera sera.

And, forthe record, if we were to win our last 4 games, and you loose two of your last 4 and win one, which is what is required, to end up on level points with you, if all games were won or lost by the odd goal, we'd beat you on goal difference by 1. The only way you'd beat us on goal difference is if you hammer the team you beat (probably Blackpool, for arguments sake).

I tell you what, it all gets very interesting if you guys draw against Blackpool, I can see if happening. Then you're looking for a win and a draw to be up. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that you won't make it. It ain't over til it's over.

Everyone gets injuries.

At some point we were around ten points behind. We were always relying on you having some sort if wobble, be that bottling it, or luck catching up with you, whatever. And, lo and behold you did. But we were also relying on ourselves to not have a wobble. What's frustrating is, had we not let points slip away thatcher really shouldn't have, to the likes if Ipswich, Birmingham and Doncaster, we'd either be ahead of you, or just a point or two behind.

We got all we asked for, in terms of you dropping a few points. But it's frustrating that we didn't hold up our end if the bargain.

But que sera sera.

And, forthe record, if we were to win our last 4 games, and you loose two of your last 4 and win one, which is what is required, to end up on level points with you, if all games were won or lost by the odd goal, we'd beat you on goal difference by 1. The only way you'd beat us on goal difference is if you hammer the team you beat (probably Blackpool, for arguments sake).

I tell you what, it all gets very interesting if you guys draw against Blackpool, I can see if happening. Then you're looking for a win and a draw to be up. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that you won't make it. It ain't over til it's over.

You can see us drawing with Blackpool? hahaha clutching at the straws.

You're forgetting you would have to win every single game from now until the end of the season, which ain't going to happen either.

It's over Burnley promoted in 2nd no problem. You can see why they have a great home record coz all there players aggressively hound the ref for every decision. I mean I've just watched Shackell drop dead when Woodgate smiled at him. And listening to Sean Dyche whinge on FLS about the ref just speaking to Boro players shirt pulling and not giving a penalty for a non incident and blabbering on about 3 possible penalties, when I couldn't see a penalty in the game, all I saw was Burnley missing chance after chance. And then Dyche starts giving it big decisions going against them and it not being the first time and that they've learnt to grin and bear it etc. As I said it's over Burnley promoted in 2nd no problem.

You can see us drawing with Blackpool? hahaha clutching at the straws.

You're forgetting you would have to win every single game from now until the end of the season, which ain't going to happen either.

Stranger things have happened. Just strikes me as the kind of fixture, similar to Cardiff today, where the underdog might surprise you. Im not saying they'll come out and win, but they might hold on for a 0-0. Probably not, but I live for football moments like that, even if my club is not involved.

And I see no reason why we can't win every one if our games. It's probably fairly long odds, but they're all games we're more than capable if winning.

If we win the first couple, and you draw the first couple, it will certainly make it an interesting spectacle going into the last two games.

Also, remember, at this stage we are officially more secure in our play off position than you are in your auto (11 points off second compared with 8 points off 3rd). And we're still nervous, so therefore, should you be.

Hey you breaking will shall win against donconster and against barnsley on monday we are going to finnish 2nd and how it should be.

I wouldn't get your hopes up B4, Burnley will beat Blackpool and it will be all over.

Also us being in second is not how it should be. Burnley deserve second place they have been better than us.

Can't blame the rival team for a ref screw up, we wouldn't mind if it was the other way, frustration that day unlucky not to score with 10 men but we a virtually guaranteed a play-off spot and that is great, also if we don't go up we have a decent base for next season, with quite a lot of the fringe players out of contract.

Archived