2nd is back on !!!!!???

jimbobram

Monday will be the crunch game...

If Burnley lose to Wigan and we win, they will be under all sorts of pressure to beat Ipswich in their next home game to make sure it doesn't go down to the last game of the season.

Burnley will surely grab second, but a loss (and only a loss) to Wigan might add the pressure ahead of Ipswich.

That said we've got to keep winning ourselves 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time post so hello to all fellow Ram's fans.

Fully agree that Monday is a crunch game and just hope we have the legs for it.

Thought we looked lethargic tonight in parts but once again showed our quality in small patches which seems to be enough against the poorer teams in this division.

I do think Burnley might struggle next game but as always we should only worry about what we do and how we do it.

Up The Ram's....

Well it can't come down to goal difference now in favour of us (Burnley), so we need 1 win or 2 draws. I think we're capable of getting either of those but, knowing football, anything could happen.

We're definitely missing Sam Vokes as, despite Barnes' obvious talents, he hasn't struck up an immediate understanding with Ings, these things can take time but I'm obviously hoping we've done enough to get us over the line.

What a season!!!!

Well it can't come down to goal difference now in favour of us (Burnley), so we need 1 win or 2 draws. I think we're capable of getting either of those but, knowing football, anything could happen.

We're definitely missing Sam Vokes as, despite Barnes' obvious talents, he hasn't struck up an immediate understanding with Ings, these things can take time but I'm obviously hoping we've done enough to get us over the line.

What a season!!!!

You should have enough mate, can't see Ipswich getting anything and should get a draw at Wigan at least.

What a season!!!!

To be fair I think Burnley have certainly deserved where they are and feel they have pretty much clinched it now.

And good luck to them,and you can worry about surviving the Premiership next season.

I do think that we could have done it if Steve Mac had been in place from the start of the season but their you go.

Happy with what we have achieved and just hope we can do ourselves justice if it is to be the playoffs and not fail with a whimper.

Feel my love for football in general has fully returned this season and it's just great to see Derby competing again in every game they play.....

Up The Ram's...

If we don't catch u you deserve 2nd thought Blackpool were shocking tonight not 1 shot on target, assistant sent off for attempting to punch his own sub, feel Burnley are a proper football club and town who have done things the right way hope we play you again next season!

Yes Burnley do deserve to be where they are - league tables do not lie after 43 games.

The only sour reflection I have is the Chris Martin sending off at Burnley. Not Burnley's fault just that incompetent referee.

How crucial that proved to be though. Disallowed goal to make game 1-1, it would have been interesting to see how that game would have worked out. Also with Martin wrongly suspended, we lost the next game 1-0 at home to Millwall ffs !!

Now Burnley and Leicester have gone up we won't have two bogey sides next season if we are still in the championship which is good.

Also means FLS show can no longer be Leicester bias.

And Leicester won't get all the sky games.

And 8 goals off our goals against column.

**** I hate Leicester.

Burnley, statistically, aren't in the best shape at the minute and have three tricky games.

Which we could obviously overcome to grab second place.

Wigan, Ipswich and then Reading are the three hardest games at the minute. And looking at their Blackpool performance, a game which saw them have much less possession, less shots, a worst pass accuracy...etc it's a very open race.

Monday's game is huge, but I reckon Wigan will win it... and comfortably too. Leaving Ipswich to give us a huge boost, because the way the play-offs are shaping up, I fancy Reading to beat them on the last day as well.

There is a lot of pressure on Burnley, I really do think they could crumble. 

It's a season of what-ifs, but time and time again we have let Burnley off the hook. Not going to catch them now,,,

For me, not playing Thorne earlier was costly. I guess the management team kept expecting Eustace to be booked, and he knew he couldn't afford to be or he wouldn't get his place back.

Also, the ref at Burnley was such a joke and handed them the game, and suspended Coldplay for Millwall. We deserve some luck in the playoffs to even that out.

I'm counting their game at Reading last game as a loss - not sure why but I think Reading will beat them.

So they need to gain two points from the next two home games, and I'm grabbing every little last straw available in thinking that an improved Wigan side will beat them and then Ipswich will go there, park the bus, scrap for everything and get a draw...

Derby would obviously need to win all three games, and Watford won't be easy...

But Monday is do or die, if they draw with Wigan it's all over as I can't see them losing at home to Ipswich.

If we don't catch u you deserve 2nd thought Blackpool were shocking tonight not 1 shot on target, assistant sent off for attempting to punch his own sub, feel Burnley are a proper football club and town who have done things the right way hope we play you again next season!

The assistant is none other than our bob Malcolm. I hear he was asleep in the dugout and was woken up by the sub

I hate forest but i hate burnley as well

Mate, seriously, let it go.  :)

Looking at the teams up there with us - if we weren't there then I'd absolutely want Burnley to grab that second spot. The only reason I didn't, and still don't, is that I want us to get it, but barring that good luck to Burnley. I'm not sure what they've done to deserve to be held in the same level of loathing for you as Forest and Leeds will be - Dyche is a good Manager who doesn't make any more excuses than any other Manager, and who's side have played some great football this season. 

We've played some pretty stuff over the course of the season, and have had some great results, but ultimately Burnley have won more points by playing far more consistently. 

If we'd been told that we'd grab a playoff spot at the start of the season every one of us would have snatched your hand off. Let's not get jealous and irrational now against a team who've similarly overachieved expectations this season just because they're going to finish ahead of us and it might p1ss us off a bit. 

Burnley still need two points, but there's next to no chance of them not getting at least those two if not more, and we'll no doubt drop points in at least one of the remaining games. Personally, if we're not going to catch them then I'd rather that was determined before the last couple of games so that we can mentally prepare for the playoffs. Missing out on the last day and then going straight into the playoffs is less than ideal, especially if we end up playing whichever lucky fookers grab sixth, and who'll most likely grab it on the final day and feel like the luckiest fookers in the world for doing so - they'll likely consider themselves as having nothing to lose at that point.

Either way - good luck to Burnley. Considering how consistent they've been this year, and considering how few games they've actually lost, I think we've done remarkably well to even take this to the third last game of the season if that's when they end up going up.

Archived