Liverpool/Gerrard/Title

sage

It really doesn't matter if we have 4,5 or 11 players playing for England who have won the league, believe me we aren't winning the World Cup I am afraid.

I would put everyone who was brought up in the 70's or 80's on your list of people who don't want them to win the league......ever.

I'm not saying that, but it'll show that you can win the league with English players and having a team with an English core at the top of the league will be excellent. We may not see the results for years, but it would be a good start.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe but the city is a cesspit, a big chunk of their local fan base is unparalled vermin and their captain/manager is the vilest person in pro football today and that really is saying something, plus they get unprecedented help from refs. Come on Mourinho, your football is boring but with Fergie gone you are the only one to keep them down. City may be loaded but they bottled it.

Just wanted to say hi Ian, shame about Man Utd this season isn't it? Must be hard seeing Liverpool playing the best football in the league whilst having to watch the crap Moyes is serving up.

Enjoy your ban again, what is it 7 accounts now? Avoid Man Utd, Liverpool and School discussions, you make it far too easy, give the mods a challenge next time eh?

Why does Steven Gerrard deserve a PL title?

Why?

He's been part of the Liverpool problem of having mediocre players for years now..

He's been carried this season, and has been a disaster playing as a DM. I seriously hope he doesn't play for England this World Cup. Can you imagine if he's dealt the task of stopping Angel Di Maria or Andres Iniesta in midfield...

He's going to get slaughtered.

Oh, but he's a Liverpool legend (for staying at the club all these years - erm other than Chelsea, which top club actually wanted him?)

The fact that he wouldn't get anywhere near any of the top four La Liga sides starting XI shows how overrated he is.

Why?

He's been part of the Liverpool problem of having mediocre players for years now..

He's been carried this season, and has been a disaster playing as a DM. I seriously hope he doesn't play for England this World Cup. Can you imagine if he's dealt the task of stopping Angel Di Maria or Andres Iniesta in midfield...

Oh, but he's a Liverpool legend (for staying at the club all these years - erm other than Chelsea, which top club actually wanted him?)

The fact that he wouldn't get anywhere near any of the top four La Liga sides starting XI shows how overrated he is.

Bris....I rarely agree with you, but on this you are spot on.

He got the move to Chelsea then stayed when they increased his money. Beat up some guy in a night club and then got off because he is famous.

I bet Kris Commons is with us too in hoping they blow it.

Stats are heavily misleading when it's based on goals...

How many penalties has Gerrard score this season?

Off topic, shoot me but If England were to go with PL stats, we would line up with.....

Hart

Baines

Terry

Caulker

Walker

Lallana

Henderson

Gerrard

Sterling

Rooney

Sturridge

To be fair, that will probably be the starting midfield/attack. Defence is all wrong other than Baines and Hart.

Why?

Interested to know why you think he's been a disaster at DM this year?

I've never rated him that highly, but he's looked decent this season whenever I've seen him.

I'd like to see Liverpool win it, not for the club - but for the players.

Flanagan, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge, Gerrard and Johnson - all should be in the England squad come the World Cup. 

I can give you 96 reasons I'd like Liverpool to win it this year.

Archived