last day decider for 2nd

davenportram

PistoldPete2

Go and tell Bucko he " bottled it" Boycie. Someone go with him and video it please!

I think our inexperience has shown at times. This has cost us more than likely a top 2 spot. But i dont see any bottlers in our team.

Agreed, weve blown automatic promotion, if that chance ever existed given Fester and Burnley are on target for 90 plus points each.

But we havent ever lacked bottle.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnleys fixtures and my predictions

Watford A Lose

Barnsley a win

Boro H win

Blackpool A lose

Wigan H lose

Ipswich H win

Reading A lose

We need to gain 10 points and 8 goals on them we need to win 6 and draw 1, and win a few by two goals

their run in is interesting. Last three games against teams fighting for the play offs. We could gain 10 points but that would mean winning at least 6 of last 7 games. Possible but not probable though

Well I'm glad you lot are more confident than our fans! Ings and Vokes will be missing for the next 3/4 matches at BEST, which leaves us with nothing up front. Well, we only have one striker left in Barnes as our board didn't want to risk paying someone from last week until seasons end to potentially sit on the bench it would seem. Marney, our midfield powerhouse, still has a one game ban to serve, and Tripper may or may not be back next weekend.

These are the 4 players that we didn't want to miss ANY games this season, but to have them all missing at the same time might be devastating. Some of the other players we have ideal replacements for, particularly the wide men, but our fans seem gutted to lose so much of our influential team at the same time.

I'm just so glad we have managed to get so many points in the bag first. Watch this space though as it isn't over just yet.

Burnley have been fantastic this season, think of all the teams who have spent £$billions yet lil old Burnley have smashed them. Fair play, i for one am chuffed to fook that Burnley, who have had to sell their so called top players,  look like getting automatic promotion. QPR, Forest, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn etc all have massive budgets compared to Burnley yet are considerably vvanker. Or should that be vvankerer?

Anyway, if we do catch Burnley (which i doubt), i'd want them to win the play offs.

PistoldPete2

Watford, Barnsley,Ipswich and Blackpool. They could lose three of them easily

Weve got Boro and Blackpool away can lose them both too. We've got a few injuries as well.

Well I'm glad you lot are more confident than our fans! Ings and Vokes will be missing for the next 3/4 matches at BEST, which leaves us with nothing up front. Well, we only have one striker left in Barnes as our board didn't want to risk paying someone from last week until seasons end to potentially sit on the bench it would seem. Marney, our midfield powerhouse, still has a one game ban to serve, and Tripper may or may not be back next weekend.

These are the 4 players that we didn't want to miss ANY games this season, but to have them all missing at the same time might be devastating. Some of the other players we have ideal replacements for, particularly the wide men, but our fans seem gutted to lose so much of our influential team at the same time.

I'm just so glad we have managed to get so many points in the bag first. Watch this space though as it isn't over just yet.

I think you're being a bit over-cautious personally - would be absolutely astonished if you didn't secure a top 2 finish from here.

And to be honest, it would be a bit of a swizz if you & Leicester didn't go up automatically. You've both been by far the 2 best teams in the division this season but particularly impressed with you guys - the myth of Harry Redknapp football genius has been forever punctured by your well assembled, reasonably priced, well managed team.

Burnley have been fantastic this season, think of all the teams who have spent £$billions yet lil old Burnley have smashed them. Fair play, i for one am chuffed to fook that Burnley, who have had to sell their so called top players,  look like getting automatic promotion. QPR, Forest, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn etc all have massive budgets compared to Burnley yet are considerably vvanker. Or should that be vvankerer?

Anyway, if we do catch Burnley (which i doubt), i'd want them to win the play offs.

Yep proper football club Burnley, unlike some of our neighbours :D

Football preys on the hope and blind faith of its supporters. It's a massive shame, but automatic has disappeared over the horizon, in a mixture of what might have beens, of course including a catastrophic refereeing performance at Turf Moor, and our follow-up defeat to Millwall, which together took all the pressure off Burnley.

We're in the playoffs. I think we're clearly one of the better teams in the playofs. But our chances of promotion at this stage are 25-30%. The last day decider will be about jockeying for position, and seeing who sneaks into 6th place. But it will be sweet if the dirties go into admin and a win there relegates them.

We're in the playoffs. I think we're clearly one of the better teams in the playofs. But our chances of promotion at this stage are 25-30%. The last day decider will be about jockeying for position, and seeing who sneaks into 6th place. But it will be sweet if the dirties go into admin and a win there relegates them.

Yeah, it would be sweet wouldn't it? I'm going for a two nil win, Tyrone Mears and Darren Currie the scorers! Sethlad to knock the ref out!

Both them and Leicester have very tricky looking run-ins don't they - probably just as well the Foxes are almost up (annoying as it is to say!)

As I said elsewhere we'll do our best this weekend - another win will boost the outside chances of a play-off place.

PistoldPete2

The top two places are over-they will go up without any problems.

They are the best two teams in the league.

Think Burnley fans are like the bridegroom on the night before the wedding having last minute doubts. Too late now to fvck up.

Archived