last day decider for 2nd

davenportram

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ings and Vokes both injured ;). Probably left it to late, but it's just dissapointing on now we've dropped the points.. Snatch a win against Bolton, grap deserved points against Wigan and Bolton, don't concede in injury time against Hudds, Brum, Ipswich... I know we've had our fair share of late goals but it's still frustrating

Thing is, people have been saying Burnley will fall away at almost every point of this season...and yet they haven't, and I don't think they will unfortunately. Just makes results like Ipswich all the more frustrating.

It's been a very good season so far, and its far from over!!

A lot on here seem content if we dont get promoted, in that we will be stronger next season. I don't like that argument, I think you HAVE to take your chances when you've got them! Just because we are strong this season means nothing next season...we could be mid table. This league is so unpredictable...who'd have though Burnley or Bolton would be where they are? We have to rake our chance while we have it!

Ings and Vokes both injured ;). Probably left it to late, but it's just dissapointing on now we've dropped the points.. Snatch a win against Bolton, grap deserved points against Wigan and Bolton, don't concede in injury time against Hudds, Brum, Ipswich... I know we've had our fair share of late goals but it's still frustrating

Out of everything you've listed, you've missed the biggest load of b****cks, which was the Burnley game itself.

If the games go as their earlier counterparts, we will finish 5 points behind Burnley. However, we only have two points we could gain (turn Huddersfield draw into a win), whilst they've got seven points to gain. In short, like we all know, they only way we are getting automatic is if Burnley go on a wobble, which they don't look like doing. 

Burnleys fixtures and my predictions

Watford A Lose

Barnsley a win

Boro H win

Blackpool A lose

Wigan H lose

Ipswich H win

Reading A lose

We need to gain 10 points and 8 goals on them we need to win 6 and draw 1, and win a few by two goals

Watford A lose

Barnsley a win

Boro H win

Blackpool A win

Wigan H lose

Ipswich H lose

Reading A lose

That's probably the best case scenario (realistically) but we would need to win ALL of our games which is unlikely.

Watford A lose

Barnsley a win

Boro H win

Blackpool A win

Wigan H lose

Ipswich H lose

Reading A lose

That's probably the best case scenario (realistically) but we would need to win ALL of our games which is unlikely.

No we wouldn't - 6 and a draw would see us level on points with a better dial difference

A lot on here seem content if we dont get promoted, in that we will be stronger next season. I don't like that argument, I think you HAVE to take your chances when you've got them! Just because we are strong this season means nothing next season...we could be mid table. This league is so unpredictable...who'd have though Burnley or Bolton would be where they are? We have to rake our chance while we have it!

Content not to be promoted? Definitely not. Still have the playoff final against WBA on my hard drive.

Concerned that we, as a club, may not be ready to make a serious go at becoming a permanent fixture in the Premiership? To be honest, I am concerned about that. It's hard to forget how badly damaged the club was from our last promotion (herein, give thanks to Newcastle! Still gave both of those games on my hard drive...unless that's illegal in which case I don't) when we were clearly unprepared.

My biggest worry, though, is that we'd do what most clubs do and sack the boss. And I can see McClaren changing the long term direction of this club if we don't succumb to short term setbacks.

That said, you MUST take your chances as and when they arise. We've been performing well above expectations all season andI'm sure this will continue.

Onwards and upwards!

Well I'm glad you lot are more confident than our fans! Ings and Vokes will be missing for the next 3/4 matches at BEST, which leaves us with nothing up front. Well, we only have one striker left in Barnes as our board didn't want to risk paying someone from last week until seasons end to potentially sit on the bench it would seem. Marney, our midfield powerhouse, still has a one game ban to serve, and Tripper may or may not be back next weekend.

These are the 4 players that we didn't want to miss ANY games this season, but to have them all missing at the same time might be devastating. Some of the other players we have ideal replacements for, particularly the wide men, but our fans seem gutted to lose so much of our influential team at the same time.

I'm just so glad we have managed to get so many points in the bag first. Watch this space though as it isn't over just yet.

We bottled the chance to overtake Burnley ages ago.

Play offs is our lot.

Plus, if it ends in promotion, it's loads more enjoyable than second place anyway. Trouble is if you lose.

Go and tell Bucko he " bottled it" Boycie. Someone go with him and video it please!

I think our inexperience has shown at times. This has cost us more than likely a top 2 spot. But i dont see any bottlers in our team.

Go and tell Bucko he " bottled it" Boycie. Someone go with him and video it please!

I think our inexperience has shown at times. This has cost us more than likely a top 2 spot. But i dont see any bottlers in our team.

Agree with this.

Archived