Three more wins enough?

Bris Vegas

Would love us to get second, but I can't see beyond Burnley now... Especially with their run in and the form they are on.

But with 66 points, and Forest on 57 and Brighton 56.

Is three more wins enough for the playoffs?

That would put us on 75, but more importantly it would mean Forest (in their dire form) would need to win 6 out of the last 9 (plus a draw with inferior GD) and Brighton would need to win 7 out of their last 10 games.

What do you think?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 more points will do it.

I'd fancy us against anyone in the play offs.

I'd like to get Wigan, they'd be tired out after playing so many games with their cup commitments. We can take 5k fans behind the goal, and we have already destroyed them at their place this season.

My Prediction is Derby v QPR final.

We'll get 5 or 6 wins I reckon and piss getting in the play-offs, but still third is the best we're going to do.

Wigan would have to be favourites to win the play-offs on squad and momentum for me. But you never know do ya?

My own patent method is that if the points gap is bigger than the number of games left, the gap won't be breeched.

Forest have 9 games left, the gap is 9 points, so they can still catch us.

Also have to take into account who each team has to play.

Forest have Brighton last game of the season, that could help us. Wigan have QPR next week and then Reading to play too

It would be quite strange if we're guaranteed a playoff spot with 3 or 4 games remaning but can't make 2nd place. That's looking a very realistic option, especially as Forest play Brighton on that last game.

Here's a question. Would you rest our best players for the playoffs against Barnsley, Watford and Leeds or use those three games to go into the playoffs with lots of momentum

I'd start with the intention of playing our best side, but be extra cautious with anyone carrying a knock or looking tired. Looks a likely scenario doesn't it?

All we can do is try to win the next one and hope Burnley slip up. They don't look like it to me though. Very solid.

Also have to take into account who each team has to play.

Forest have Brighton last game of the season, that could help us. Wigan have QPR next week and then Reading to play too

It would be quite strange if we're guaranteed a playoff spot with 3 or 4 games remaning but can't make 2nd place. That's looking a very realistic option, especially as Forest play Brighton on that last game.

Here's a question. Would you rest our best players for the playoffs against Barnsley, Watford and Leeds or use those three games to go into the playoffs with lots of momentum

That's weird. Did you right that cos you saw something similar I wrote, cos I wrote something similar, thought it was in this thread, but now I can't find it.

Maybe I put it in the drunk thread, it's probably where I belong now.

That's weird. Did you right that cos you saw something similar I wrote, cos I wrote something similar, thought it was in this thread, but now I can't find it.

Maybe I put it in the drunk thread, it's probably where I belong now.

Haha, erm no I didn't see that you had written something similar

Haha, erm no I didn't see that you had written something similar

Weird, I must have dreamt it. To paraphrase my dream, I basically said that I'm worried we might push ourselves to hard with the carrot of second ace still tantalisingly in reach, when we could otherwise just coast to the play offs, saving our energy for the play offs.

But, would you have it any other way? It's not in our nature to coast. Either Burnley drop a fee points and we miraculously snatch second off them with a winning streak, or we take that winning streak into the play offs, giving us the best possible chance to win it.

We've got to keep going really, haven't we? It's the only way to play the game.

Everyone saying Wigan will be favourites/ones to avoid in the play-offs; there's still 9 games! They may be in really good form now but they could lose the 4 last games of the season and be in really bad form. So could we!

The form team in the play-offs isn't the ones playing well 10/11 games before the play-offs.

3. Derby

4. QPR

5. Reading

6. Wigan

Archived