Three more wins enough?

Bris Vegas

We want to win every game, go into the play-offs buzzing.

It'll be tough whoever we get, QPR, Wigan and Reading are all good sides, I think I'd prefer Reading TBH.

Interestingly, despite our reputation of not beating teams in the top 6, the only team currently in the play off places that we've not eaten is Reading.

However, when we beat Wigan, they had a different manager and were on a bad run, and I always feel that, with the quality they have available, QPR can turn it in at any time. They continually surprise me and play dog *****, but they must surely turn it in for the play offs.

So I be inclined to agree that reading are the best option.

If we can keep playing like we did on Saturday though, and keep that momentum, then we should really fear anyone. But I kind I hope Forest will make it now. Easy buy into the final.

We certainly know we can psych ourselves up for the big games now, without crumbling.

But, let's just keep winning and see how much Burnley can slip, they've still got some difficult fixtures. In fact everyone around us still have to play each other, which could be really good news for us.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can still make 2nd they have to slip uo some time and still 30 points to play for and i do not rate burnly at all.

How can you not rate Burnley? They did the double over us and (bar Leicester) are the best team in this division. Stop being deluded and try and be realistic sometimes, then you won't get too upset when we 'only' finish third.

So dirty Bevis that we are second in the fair play league. Very happy to be 'nothing special' as long as we keep winning. I hope the Rams go up. Like us founder members and a proper football town.......unlike Wigan or Reading. Great result for you on Saturday.

We can still make 2nd they have to slip uo some time and still 30 points to play for and i do not rate burnly at all.

Burnley will not drop enough points, the top 2 is finished, we had our chance and didn't capitalise on it, but let have been consistent all season and along with Leicester thoroughly deserve to go up automatically.

In terms of 'is three wins enough for the play offs' - the average over the last 10 years is 73 points for 6th so you'd have to say yes. However last year Leicester got in with 68 which bought the average down somewhat...

Even so I would have thought 9 points would be enough - I don't think it's ever been higher than 75 since 2004/5...

Burnley will not drop enough points, the top 2 is finished, we had our chance and didn't capitalise on it, but let have been consistent all season and along with Leicester thoroughly deserve to go up automatically.

Tonight is last chance saloon. Derby need to win and Burnley need to lose. Burnley host Leicester on Saturday so there is the remotest chance that they lose the next 2 and we win the next 2. Unless that happens, I completely agree, play offs it is.

Tonight is last chance saloon. Derby need to win and Burnley need to lose. Burnley host Leicester on Saturday so there is the remotest chance that they lose the next 2 and we win the next 2. Unless that happens, I completely agree, play offs it is.

Would tend to agree but I can't see Burnley slipping up against Doncaster - perhaps Leicester on Saturday though and then see what happens the game after for them but unless we win the next three and Burnley lose two of them then it's play offs for us...

At this rate I'd back Burnley for top spot. Their remaining games are favourable too..

Tuesday's results were excellent for us, despite us losing.

Eight games remaining and nine points clear of 7th with Charlton, Barnsley, Watford and Huddersfield to play at home as well as our guaranteed three points against Leeds Utd.

Honestly, sack the lot if we manage to blow this now.

At this rate I'd back Burnley for top spot. Their remaining games are favourable too..

Tuesday's results were excellent for us, despite us losing.

Eight games remaining and nine points clear of 7th with Charlton, Barnsley, Watford and Huddersfield to play at home as well as our guaranteed three points against Leeds Utd.

Honestly, sack the lot if we manage to blow this now.

Agree tbh. If Burnley win at Leicester on Saturday then they'll go top, although Leicester have a game in hand.

However, Burnley have 3 very winnable games after Saturday whereas Leicester could very easily lose point against Wigan in their next match. 

It'll be an interesting run up to see who gets top spot, but I think the top two place are all but sewn up by Burnley and Leicester.

Looking at the play-offs, we still have a huge gap between us and 7th, even if Brighton win their game in hand. If they did we would still have 7 points on 7th place with a much better goal difference. That means that out of the 8 games remaining, Reading, Wigan and Brighton all have to win 3 games more than us. Looking at their fixtures, most of these team play each other so point will be dropped. 

Is three wins enough to secure a play off spot?? I'd say so - it means the other teams would have to win 6 out of the 8 games remaining and us to lose the remaining 5 - I can't see that happening. 

On the other hand, I wouldn't want us to go into the play-offs devoid of confidence - we are a young side that thrives on confidence so we need to start scoring freely again and fearing no-one. Ipswich away was unfortunate but if we'd have scored the chances we missed we would have been 12 (9 if Brighton win) ahead of 7 so if we can beat Charlton at the weekend, Huddersfield and Barnsley in the following matches we should be pretty much there. COYR!

Yep, three more wins.

Beat Charlton on Saturday and it's gonna feel like one long pre season.

Upside - if we can get enough points to get play offs confirmed early, it gives us a chance to keep players sufficiently fit/rested for the play offs.

Archived