Rubbish

Tricky1884

Agreed if you can't enjoy this season take a look at yourself.

Yes we aren't as good as Burnley or Leicester but we are better than every other team in the division and we have earned that. Let's try and keep it that way. Back the team and we should get a win soon.

Some people are never happy.

after the last few months i think we forgot what its like to lose and not score in games, that's why it seems like the end of the world to some people. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical football fans and we are all like it to a degree. Look at the Gooners, if Wenger does not buy I am chucking my season ticket.. What would we give to swap with them battling for Champions League, year on year, oh the pain.. We all want more but sometimes you have to be patient.

We ended 2013 on such a high, but no real investment was made by the club. We have managed to remain 3rd but our performances in 2013 have been mid table standard. Do people not pay attention to the table and fixtures? Our next two games are against play off contenders. If we loose them we are in the mix for battle to remain in the play off's. Wigan have really put the cat among the pigeons. Anyone who thinks it is not a problem, simply does not get it. The team cracked under the pressure. What chance do they stand in the play off's with that kind of pressure. 

I want us to show those two other play off contenders what we are made of and destroy them. Come the play off's if they are both in them, they will fear us. 

We ended 2013 on such a high, but no real investment was made by the club. We have managed to remain 3rd but our performances in 2013 have been mid table standard. Do people not pay attention to the table and fixtures? Our next two games are against play off contenders. If we loose them we are in the mix for battle to remain in the play off's. Wigan have really put the cat among the pigeons. Anyone who thinks it is not a problem, simply does not get it. The team cracked under the pressure. What chance do they stand in the play off's with that kind of pressure. 

I want us to show those two other play off contenders what we are made of and destroy them. Come the play off's if they are both in them, they will fear us.

Disagree. Too many players coming in January rocks the apple cart - see poison dwarf's January with us. We had a few 'grind them out' games in the run before Christmas as well as after Christmas. Our remaining games after these next two are all games on paper we'd expect to win (football isn't played on paper so we won't) and Reading have got more to lose than we have Saturday they'll be feeling the pressure with Wigan steaming up the table! Add into that the fact Forest are very beatable and we really have nothing to worry about. Both forest and QPR are in worst runs than ourselves so you won't find me panicking at all. We will finish top 6 it won't be straight forward but it is fair to expect that because of where we are now and then everybody knows the play offs are a lottery!

Besides 11 games left to play we can finish with anything between 62 and 95 points and that is the only certainty of this season, I'd wager we finish closer to the latter than the former.

Not sure why the DET are giving goons like this the time of day. With a sense of entitlement like that, hasn't he got a pink seat at the council ground to be sitting in?

It's brilliant for the DET, think how many hits they get. Not sure why they hadn't thought of it already.

This horrible run we're on...

WDWDWWWLLD

Off the top of my head we've bossed

Rovers 2nd half

Yeovil 90min

Birmingham 90min

Bournemouth 2nd half

Burnley 2nd half

Millwall 90min

Bolton 90min

P10

W5

D3

L2

I could look for problems. There are a few little frustrations. But we're good, we'll stay good and we'll easily make the Play Offs.

Poor buggers who spend all the time worrying. I've got some bad news, the best thing you likely have to look forward to after this is more midtable mediocrity in the Premiership. Losing as much as winning.

I don't know how some folk have survived the last 7 years.

I'm not a 'happy clapper'. Just some people are summarising our season like we've lost the plot.

WDWDWWWLLD

Rovers 2nd half

Yeovil 90min

Birmingham 90min

Bournemouth 2nd half

Burnley 2nd half

Millwall 90min

Bolton 90min

P10

W5

D3

L2

I could look for problems. There are a few little frustrations. But we're good, we'll stay good and we'll easily make the Play Offs.

Poor buggers who spend all the time worrying. I've got some bad news, the best thing you likely have to look forward to after this is more midtable mediocrity in the Premiership. Losing as much as winning.

I'm not a 'happy clapper'. Just some people are summarising our season like we've lost the plot.

that is a woeful run. Bring back jewell

WDWDWWWLLD

Rovers 2nd half

Yeovil 90min

Birmingham 90min

Bournemouth 2nd half

Burnley 2nd half

Millwall 90min

Bolton 90min

P10

W5

D3

L2

2014:

LLWDWDWWWLLD

P12

W5

D3

L4

Over 46 games that would be 69 points. How lucky were we to win some of those games, the more recent ones. Those three wins could have and probably should have been three draws. We also threw away 2 points against Birmingham. Looking back at all the 12 games in 2014 we have not been good enough. I was saying we could and should be pushing for automatic. People were disagreeing. But now I have decided to change. I can no longer call that a blip in form and results. 

2014:

LLWDWDWWWLLD

P12

W5

D3

L4

Over 46 games that would be 69 points. How lucky were we to win some of those games, the more recent ones. Those three wins could have and probably should have been three draws. We also threw away 2 points against Birmingham. Looking back at all the 12 games in 2014 we have not been good enough. I was saying we could and should be pushing for automatic. People were disagreeing. But now I have decided to change. I can no longer call that a blip in form and results. 

That sort of form would have landed us in the playoffs last season...

We're on 62 points now..

If you honestly don't believe we'll get at least 13 points from the remaining 11 (75 would guarantee us a place in the top 6 with our GD) then you're deluded..

69 not good enough? Yet people we happy under Clough when we were getting 61.

Crickey.

2014:

LLWDWDWWWLLD

P12

W5

D3

L4

2 of those defeats were to Leicester and Burnley away.

We've won when we haven't deserved to probably less than we've not won when we did deserve to.

imo and trying to be neutral we didn't really come out on top v Brighton or Wednesday (6 pts) but we created enough to beat Millwall and lots to beat Bolton and controlled both games (1 pts)

Birmingham we battered. We switched off and they scored. Meanwhile we got easy chances v Millwall and Bolton but didn't score

Blackburn, we were second best in the first half but bossed the second. However, they did have some good counter chances and a draw was fair.

Burnley, well it was tough but we gave them as good a go as they will have this season. With 10 men. No shame in the defeat.

Bournemouth, here's a unique one. We should have been 2-0 down at HT. We were lucky just like Bolton and Millwall. In the second half though we didn't need luck and our goal was deserved. A score draw perhaps would have been hard to complain about.

Wigan gave us what we deserved. As did Leicester.

QPR... We were average/poor and still the best team on the pitch. Not an undeserved victory but not a complete success of a match.

-----

So basically I think the luck evens itself out. I don't think we've been lucky.

Its important we bury every poor performance with a good one regardless of results. We usually do under McClaren. Every blip has been followed by a reaction. It's just weird that this blip was full of wins and now the reaction has thrown up one point against two strugglers. That's just luck playing its part.

We aren't as balanced as Burnley. They play an easy game with players well settled. But that game will get tested when they come up against teams that have better quality in the PL.

We aren't as good as Leicester. They have the best wide players. The have a good defence. The best CB's? One of the best keepers and probably one of the best 3 strikers. Plus depth.

The rest though, no better. Except maybe Wigan who got some luck v Wednesday. A soft penalty and a penalty miss against them?

We're one of the divisions top sides and we have a nice points cushion. I don't think we'll collapse. Too good. Top 6 is nailed on imo. Maybe not by 10pts but the cushion we've earned and the results we get now will be enough.

When Stevie Mac took over we went on that great run, playing without fear home and away, suddenly we found oursens balls deep in automatic promotion.....panic! jeez wtf we doing up here.....bit like a geeky youth shagging the fittest bird, punching above our weight.......it got serious, Steve started to worry about feckin up auto rather than breaking into the play offs and ended up resorting to safety. Simmo has said as much after the Yeovil & Brum games.

Patrick Bamford is a decent player and i believe he will have a future at the top level, maybe he'll be a Fernando Torres type though and only flourish in a team playing a certain way, his superb match winning goals coincided with the team not playing so fluently...........Simon Dawkins is good at this level but has probably shut out Mason Bennett who might of made an impact this season, his cameo performance against Chelsea suggests he was ready to be unleashed against Championship defenders..

Dunno, got to trust Steve, Simmo and Eric now and hope that between them they have the knowledge and experience and common sense to realise that us sheepshaggers won't stick their heads on a spike in the market place if we fail to go up this season. 

Archived